Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CoronaVirus - non political thread

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by samnite View Post

    Can you elaborate?
    https://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs_evenin...s-coronavirus/

    Comment


    • Had the Popeyes chicken sandwich. It was good. I should have got the spicy.

      I literally pulled up, ordered it, drove to the window, got it, they smiled and said thanks and I drove off. It didn’t feel right.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
        Had the Popeyes chicken sandwich. It was good. I should have got the spicy.

        I literally pulled up, ordered it, drove to the window, got it, they smiled and said thanks and I drove off. It didn’t feel right.
        Bizarre. I still haven't had the Popeye's chicken sandwich.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by riker7 View Post

          Bizarre. I still haven't had the Popeye's chicken sandwich.
          It was good. Moist. Good breading. It kind of lacked a distinct flavor that made it stand out. Like I said, I’ll reserve till I have the spicy.

          Their version of “contactless” was you put your money on a tray, they take your money then put your food on the same tray. The cdc would be proud.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

            It was good. Moist. Good breading. It kind of lacked a distinct flavor that made it stand out. Like I said, I’ll reserve till I have the spicy.

            Their version of “contactless” was you put your money on a tray, they take your money then put your food on the same tray. The cdc would be proud.
            I hate that word.

            Comment


            • What the hell was that?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                What the hell was that?
                Sophisticated humor.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by riker7 View Post

                  Sophisticated humor.
                  Like Big Bang Theory reruns?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

                    Like Big Bang Theory reruns?
                    Never seen The Big Bang Theory but I doubt it comes close.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

                      It was good. Moist. Good breading. It kind of lacked a distinct flavor that made it stand out. Like I said, I’ll reserve till I have the spicy.

                      Their version of “contactless” was you put your money on a tray, they take your money then put your food on the same tray. The cdc would be proud.
                      The only difference is the sauce that comes on it. I know because I find mayo-adjacent sauces abhorrent and when I ordered a spicy one without sauce, the lady pointed out that the sauce is what makes it spicy.

                      THEY HAVE PERFECTLY GOOD CAJUN SEASONING TO FRY THEIR CHICKEN WITH AND THEIR "SPICY" SANDWICH IS JUST A REGULAR CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH THE BULLSHIT MALL TERIYAKI CHICKEN PLACES PUT ON TOP OF A SPICY TUNA ROLL?

                      Fuck that.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

                        The only difference is the sauce that comes on it. I know because I find mayo-adjacent sauces abhorrent and when I ordered a spicy one without sauce, the lady pointed out that the sauce is what makes it spicy.

                        THEY HAVE PERFECTLY GOOD CAJUN SEASONING TO FRY THEIR CHICKEN WITH AND THEIR "SPICY" SANDWICH IS JUST A REGULAR CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH THE BULLSHIT MALL TERIYAKI CHICKEN PLACES PUT ON TOP OF A SPICY TUNA ROLL?

                        Fuck that.
                        Ohh it’s just an aioli that makes it spicy? Bullshit.


                        Thanks for the warning though. I’d be scared shirtless to ask for something custom from a Popeyes drive through. I could see the cooks getting angry and vengeful...”whose this cracker saying he wants something spicy.....I’ll show you spicy”.

                        Comment


                        • That hospital is about an hour north of us and it is one of the hardest hit areas based on the case load to population ratio. They seeded a lot of cases that ended up at my hospital. Good news is that it is slowing down now at least. We are approaching steady days with fewer than 10 positive or suspected cases per day. As long as the numbers can stay low then hospitals should be able to manage ok as long as supply meets demand for PPE and cleaning materials. Hopefully public awareness will allow people to get back to living closer to normal lives and give us sports back.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

                            Ohh it’s just an aioli that makes it spicy? Bullshit.


                            Thanks for the warning though. I’d be scared shirtless to ask for something custom from a Popeyes drive through. I could see the cooks getting angry and vengeful...”whose this cracker saying he wants something spicy.....I’ll show you spicy”.




                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

                              It was good. Moist. Good breading. It kind of lacked a distinct flavor that made it stand out. Like I said, I’ll reserve till I have the spicy.

                              Their version of “contactless” was you put your money on a tray, they take your money then put your food on the same tray. The cdc would be proud.
                              Man Bellefay, you're killing it harder than Covid.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by samnite View Post

                                That hospital is about an hour north of us and it is one of the hardest hit areas based on the case load to population ratio. They seeded a lot of cases that ended up at my hospital. Good news is that it is slowing down now at least. We are approaching steady days with fewer than 10 positive or suspected cases per day. As long as the numbers can stay low then hospitals should be able to manage ok as long as supply meets demand for PPE and cleaning materials. Hopefully public awareness will allow people to get back to living closer to normal lives and give us sports back.
                                Bloody hell. They mispronounced the name of the city and got the name of the hospital wrong. It's Phoebe Putney (not Putnam). My wife's cousin works there, my son was born there and my father-in-law died there.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X