• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FuqMizzou
    replied
    Originally posted by samnite View Post
    https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

It is amazing to compare the case fatality rate (number of deaths divided by the number of cases) in Italy to what we are seeing in the US so far.

USA = 1201/83507 = 1.4%

Italy = 8215/80589 = 10.2%

China = 3291/81782 = 4.0%

Spain = 4365/57786 = 7.5%

Granted, the US is still in the ascending part of the curve so we may not really have all the accurate data yet to fairly compare to other countries that are farther down the curve than us.

What I suspect we are going to see is that the case fatality rate will be higher in the more densely populated urban areas and each area of the country will have its own curve so to speak.

Does this mean people living in or near urban areas will migrate to the more rural areas and bring the virus with them?
    Yes, and when that mass migration happens we'll sell our limited amount of houses at a 500% markup.

Leave a comment:

• CheaterMichael
    replied
    Originally posted by samnite View Post

Can you cancel/rebook that trip if things are still looking bad? I would probably just postpone it until next year
    Lalalalalalalalalalalalala

I CAN’T HEAR YOU

yes.

please don’t depress me more. I was leaving a week from tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• GehenHerzog
    replied
    I understand why golf courses are essential. I play golf everyday. I want them to stay open. It allows me to make a paycheck consistently.

On the other side. There is nothing else for people to do, the weather is perfect and people want to go play. My facility, we typically do 30-50 rounds a day. Now we're doing 100-150 a day. My dad is the GM at a club that has been consistently doing 215+ a day. You don't know where these people have been, what they've touched, etc. I am of the belief that this entire thing is overblown. I still take it seriously and do everything I am supposed to but it still is a little uncomfortable going into work.

Leave a comment:

• samnite
    replied
    Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
    Rebooked Costa Rica trip this evening for July. Got a bunch of credit on future flights and ended up flying round trip for cheap.
    Can you cancel/rebook that trip if things are still looking bad? I would probably just postpone it until next year

Leave a comment:

• samnite
    replied
    https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

It is amazing to compare the case fatality rate (number of deaths divided by the number of cases) in Italy to what we are seeing in the US so far.

USA = 1201/83507 = 1.4%

Italy = 8215/80589 = 10.2%

China = 3291/81782 = 4.0%

Spain = 4365/57786 = 7.5%

Granted, the US is still in the ascending part of the curve so we may not really have all the accurate data yet to fairly compare to other countries that are farther down the curve than us.

What I suspect we are going to see is that the case fatality rate will be higher in the more densely populated urban areas and each area of the country will have its own curve so to speak.

Does this mean people living in or near urban areas will migrate to the more rural areas and bring the virus with them?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X