Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

They’re for style points, make you go faster.
    Not from my experience. Because people don’t have places to go to quickly, I’ve gotten behind so many people that are taking their sweet ass time. I got behind someone in a 35 going a smidge over 20. I’m glad I did not have a rocket launcher handy.

Comment

I thought it was dangerous and unproven, though? Or did we already abandon that talking point?
      It can be dangerous and no therapy is proven yet. All of these therapies are being given as a kind of last resort and people are willing to try them if there is a small chance of them working.

Remember how I mentioned earlier in this thread about a guy who was on high-flow oxygen that received Actemra? He actually survived and was discharged recently. He was able to wean off oxygen. Prone positioning seems to be helping people out even if they are not intubated as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

By inversion, I mean hanging upside down, like a bat. I realize it would have to be done in limited time intervals, just curious if it would be useful. It works for some back problems.

Thanks for explaining the uses for the drugs.
        I don't know of anyone doing trials with inversion therapy but I struggle to see how that could be executed practically in a hospital. I can picture people falling and breaking their necks more often or just simply not being able to tolerate that position for long periods.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
          Cops need to drive around and pull over people wearing gloves while driving. Unless you put on a fresh pair when you entered, the magic gloves don’t protect you.
          I don't understand the gloves people either. Just wash your hands and don't touch your eyes/nose/mouth. I do use gloves for all patients (I actually have been doing that even before the COVID pandemic) when examining them but wearing gloves all day is not as safe as proper hygiene. Do people think the virus can be absorbed through their hands?

Comment

• Happy to report my family is all well and good, the only negative has been sheer boredom and a cancelled hiking trip, which I'll take. Condolences to those with family effected.

Comment

Not from my experience. Because people don’t have places to go to quickly, I’ve gotten behind so many people that are taking their sweet ass time. I got behind someone in a 35 going a smidge over 20. I’m glad I did not have a rocket launcher handy.
              I've been doing a 3-4 second count before honking at people not paying attention to the street lights. Just because there's nothing to do doesn't mean you get to drive like an asshole.

Comment

• This made me happy

Comment

• I laughed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kingcfb/s...59148586799107

Comment

I expect to see a rash of convenience store, jewellery store and bank holdups.

However interestingly the chinese have made huge advances on AI and are now able to detect people's faces under face masks.
                    https://qz.com/1803737/chinas-facial...d-coronavirus/

Comment

• Amazon fresh is dope. As long as you order over like 30 bucks worth of stuff they deliver it for free. None is the instacart fees and rolling the dice if they get the right stuff. Got some snacks, toothpaste, sandwich meat and a chicken just for the hell of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by samnite View Post

Sorry to hear that Shammy. Is he at home or in a hospital? Is he needing oxygen? Do you have access to a device to test his oxygen saturation at home?

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/wa...089451-product
                        He’s at home with us. He hasn’t needed oxygen so far. Breathing is a little labored but not too much of a concern. The biggest issue is being lethargic and lack of appetite. He just has no energy. I have to keep waking him up and making him walk around to exercise his lungs.

When they did the initial test, they didn’t get a good enough sample. Waited 10 days to hear back from pediatrician that we had to go back in for another test. The second time, they jammed that sumbitcn q tip so far up his nostril that I’m pretty sure it hit his brain. 😳
                        Last edited by Shamster; 04-23-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by samnite View Post

I don't understand the gloves people either. Just wash your hands and don't touch your eyes/nose/mouth. I do use gloves for all patients (I actually have been doing that even before the COVID pandemic) when examining them but wearing gloves all day is not as safe as proper hygiene. Do people think the virus can be absorbed through their hands?
                          Seems kinda necessary when your job consists of sticking your fingers in people’s orifices all day. Are there doctors who don’t use gloves for examinations?

Comment

Seems kinda necessary when your job consists of sticking your fingers in people’s orifices all day. Are there doctors who don’t use gloves for examinations?

Comment

• So some rapper is having a live concert in Fortnite(the game) right now and my sons had to miss Zoom FlopBallFlopBallFlopBallFlopBallFlopBallFlopBall practice for it.

I can't believe I just said any of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shamster View Post

He’s at home with us. He hasn’t needed oxygen so far. Breathing is a little labored but not too much of a concern. The biggest issue is being lethargic and lack of appetite. He just has no energy. I have to keep waking him up and making him walk around to exercise his lungs.

When they did the initial test, they didn’t get a good enough sample. Waited 10 days to hear back from pediatrician that we had to go back in for another test. The second time, they jammed that sumbitcn q tip so far up his nostril that I’m pretty sure it hit his brain. 😳
                                Unfortunately they need to go pretty deep to get a good sample. Honestly though, the vast majority of people his age do well with rest and time. At least you are able to be with him at home vs in the hospital where no families are allowed. Try to have him lay on his stomach when resting if he can tolerate it.

Comment

Working...
                                X