Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If there's one thing I've learned from all of these moronic hoarders, whether it's from what I've seen myself or in other people's pictures, is that they don't have a clue what to do with a tortilla.

Stacks of tortillas are in every empty bread aisle photo I've seen. I'm sure the hoarders will come back for it once their 74 loaves of bread have turned green.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gyle View Post
      If there's one thing I've learned from all of these moronic hoarders, whether it's from what I've seen myself or in other people's pictures, is that they don't have a clue what to do with a tortilla.

Stacks of tortillas are in every empty bread aisle photo I've seen. I'm sure the hoarders will come back for it once their 74 loaves of bread have turned green.
      There was plenty of cheese at the grocery store last Friday but no cheddar. Toilet paper + cheddar cheese = tools for surviving the apocalypse.

Comment

• Originally posted by riker7 View Post
        There was plenty of cheese at the grocery store last Friday but no cheddar. Toilet paper + cheddar cheese = tools for surviving the apocalypse.
        Tonight I saw maybe three bags of shredded pepper jack and a bunch of shredded parmesan. But that was it. The stockers were bringing all their shit out (place closed at 8:30, and it was probably 8:15 when I walking through the grocery), and people were asking them to start opening it up early so they could take some Kleenex and whatever the hell else was in that area.

Hoarding during a global health crisis (and plenty of other crises, honestly) should be punishable by law.

Comment

Tonight I saw maybe three bags of shredded pepper jack and a bunch of shredded parmesan. But that was it. The stockers were bringing all their shit out (place closed at 8:30, and it was probably 8:15 when I walking through the grocery), and people were asking them to start opening it up early so they could take some Kleenex and whatever the hell else was in that area.

Hoarding during a global health crisis (and plenty of other crises, honestly) should be punishable by law.
          Or a good old fashioned ass whoopin', or both.

Comment

As long as grocery stores and gas stations stay open we will be fine. If those close it may get ugly.

Comment

As long as grocery stores and gas stations stay open we will be fine. If those close it may get ugly.
              When people run out of money, those places will become war zones.

Meanwhile, back in Congress, our legislators are acting like 2 gangs of vampires fighting over a used tampon.
              Last edited by daCat; 03-25-2020, 01:52 AM.

Comment

• This Shelter in Place stuff is bullshit. It doesn't change anything. People will still be out because everything in mecklenburg county is "essential." Golf courses are staying open

Comment

• Originally posted by GehenHerzog View Post
                  This Shelter in Place stuff is bullshit. It doesn't change anything. People will still be out because everything in mecklenburg county is "essential." Golf courses are staying open
                  Aren't golf courses a pretty good place to recreate without getting too close to other people?

Comment

Aren't golf courses a pretty good place to recreate without getting too close to other people?
                    They're great for that – if everyone follows the rules.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• https://www.ajc.com/blog/atlanta-res...Px6yq6yj9YXGI/

God people are horrible.

Comment

• Rebooked Costa Rica trip this evening for July. Got a bunch of credit on future flights and ended up flying round trip for cheap.

Comment

• https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

It is amazing to compare the case fatality rate (number of deaths divided by the number of cases) in Italy to what we are seeing in the US so far.

USA = 1201/83507 = 1.4%

Italy = 8215/80589 = 10.2%

China = 3291/81782 = 4.0%

Spain = 4365/57786 = 7.5%

Granted, the US is still in the ascending part of the curve so we may not really have all the accurate data yet to fairly compare to other countries that are farther down the curve than us.

What I suspect we are going to see is that the case fatality rate will be higher in the more densely populated urban areas and each area of the country will have its own curve so to speak.

Does this mean people living in or near urban areas will migrate to the more rural areas and bring the virus with them?

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                                Rebooked Costa Rica trip this evening for July. Got a bunch of credit on future flights and ended up flying round trip for cheap.
                                Can you cancel/rebook that trip if things are still looking bad? I would probably just postpone it until next year

Comment

Working...
                                X