Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeing the impact on the restaurant community with this is heartbreaking. I don’t want to think how many places I like are going to fold. Bbq place and brew pub fired like 200 employees this week so their employees can file for unemployment.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
      Seeing the impact on the restaurant community with this is heartbreaking. I don’t want to think how many places I like are going to fold. Bbq place and brew pub fired like 200 employees this week so their employees can file for unemployment.

Get takeout/delivery more than your normally would and tip over 20%. I’m doing that for one meal a day till they reopen for sit down. Get people you know to do the same. That’s how people who still have jobs can help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamp View Post
        Lol oh you naive thing
        She can't take half of $0

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Get takeout/delivery more than your normally would and tip over 20%. I’m doing that for one meal a day till they reopen for sit down. Get people you know to do the same. That’s how people who still have jobs can help.
          This x1000. Support your local businesses if they are doing to go orders and what not. If you have the funds to do it, do it. I'd rather keep my favorite places afloat than the big places that are going to survive no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Atlanta media and social network sites are pimping places trying to do deliveries or drive up but it’s kind of grim tbh. I’m usually a lunch eater outer and want to help where I can but so many places here are closing up after the dining/bar ban.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

Atlanta media and social network sites are pimping places trying to do deliveries or drive up but it’s kind of grim tbh. I’m usually a lunch eater outer and want to help where I can but so many places here are closing up after the dining/bar ban.
              Charlotte is killing it with To Go places. Especially breweries and beer bars. A lot of places that dont typically fill growlers, are offering them.

The local Italian place is doing call in orders and you pull up in the parking lot and they deliver to your car.

Comment

• Originally posted by GehenHerzog View Post

I'm hearing Charlotte will be on lockdown come Monday. I have all the essentials ready. A future wife that can cook, bourbon, vodka and beer. Some frozen Lasagna dishes from our local italian.

This perfect weather has been glorious to go walk 18 though
                Gonna also be working on creating junior Gehenherzogs too

Comment

• Originally posted by samnite View Post
                  You guys should prepare for a possible national quarantine as at this point that is the only thing proven to work while we wait for testing kits/results and basic supplies for hospitals (personal protective equipment like masks/gowns/gloves/eye protection). Once you get swabbed it takes 5 days on average to get results back and the results can be falsely negative depending on when you swabbed (cases where the virus hasn't replicated long enough to be detected). Nobody has any clue how widespread it is in the community and a quarantine would decrease the spread at least until better data come out.

Remember that all the numbers you see in the media regarding number of cases would tell you how things looked about 5 days prior due to the lag between actually swabbing someone and getting results back (not to mention the lack of ability to test until recently).
                  How are you doing Samnite?

How is your hospital's stock of supplies? Also any clue if these people who have got it and recovered are now immune?

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

How are you doing Samnite?

How is your hospital's stock of supplies? Also any clue if these people who have got it and recovered are now immune?
                    I am doing ok TTU. I think my hospital has supplies for now but unless the government is able to help then they will likely run out in the coming few weeks or months maybe. I wish the government had started ramping up production of PPE sooner for hospitals. We really should only be admitting people to the hospital if they need supplemental oxygen or vent support to minimize the spread of COVID-19 to the hospital itself. The fear is that people with non-COVID issues will get exposed to COVID.

Comment

• Got a look behind the scenes of expected timelines for several major DC and NC area corporations. They're expecting to be shut down through at least April 30. I know we all knew this was going to not be a quick thing, but it's time to get comfy yall. We're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by GehenHerzog View Post
                        Well, wedding is now postponed.

We shifted from Italy to Cartagena to Belize for honeymoon options even after postponing wedding. Just canceled Belize today and we will sit this one out. Fortunately, the golf course is still open so I will be spending most of the time there.
                        Dude, it's a sign. Don't do it.

Comment

• Governor Prickster is suppose to announce this afternoon that all of Illinois is to shelter in place. Fantastic.

Comment

• One funny thing with this is the radio is still doing traffic updates. 5pm in Atlanta could be hour wait here, tipped over semi on 75, police activity etc.

Now the traffic person is like “there’s a stall on Jimmy Carter blvd and someone with a flat tire on 285....uhh that’s it.”

Comment

• Portland is really a great American city.

Comment

• Atlanta had a strip club that did a “tits for tots” toy drive where if you drove to the place with toys for kids at Christmas, you drove into a little covered tent and the talent would flash you.

Fun police ruined it.

Comment

Working...
                                X