Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

Apparently, he changed his tune and he now approved its run on Netflix.

Because netflix is paying him for it. He never had an issue with Netflix, his issue was with Viacom purchasing the rights from comedy central and syndicating the show without paying him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Because netflix is paying him for it. He never had an issue with Netflix, his issue was with Viacom purchasing the rights from comedy central and syndicating the show without paying him.
      Sort of...He literally asked people to not watch. So, to say he "never had an issue with Netflix" is a bit inaccurate.

Comment

Sort of...He literally asked people to not watch. So, to say he "never had an issue with Netflix" is a bit inaccurate.
        I'm going by his on statement. He asked netflix to pull it, and they did, he then asked people to quit watching it on the other platforms where it was being aired, and they did. It allowed him to get the rights to it. I'm paraphrasing, but that's essentially what happened.

Comment

• Chappelle's Show is so good because it didn't last long enough to run out of material like In Living Color.

Comment

• Originally posted by riker7 View Post
            Chappelle's Show is so good because it didn't last long enough to run out of material like In Living Color.
            Yeah, the downside is why it didn't last long enough. Dude got royally screwed by his contract, I'm glad he is finally getting his reward for that show.

Comment

Chappelle's Show is so good because it didn't last long enough to run out of material like In Living Color.
              I tried watching In Living Color and a lot of it didn’t age well. Some skits were still funny while other were just blah. When they took Chappell show off Netflix, it came on Comedy Central one weekend and I recorded all the episodes I could.

I’ll go delete them now.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

I tried watching In Living Color and a lot of it didn’t age well. Some skits were still funny while other were just blah. When they took Chappell show off Netflix, it came on Comedy Central one weekend and I recorded all the episodes I could.

I’ll go delete them now.
                Once the Wayans moved on and Jim Carrey was only an occasional guest star it was done.

Comment

You get whiter with each post.
                  I was trying to be ironical. Apparently, I didn’t stick the landing.

Comment

You get whiter with each post.
                    I’m just going to point out that there’s not a whiter club in the land than competing in the world of professional beards. I did an image search... just to be sure. I scrolled and scrolled... and scrolled. And? Not one person of color as far as the eye could see.

This isn’t, however, to say you’re wrong. I’m pretty damned white. Both literally, and thanks to the Coronapocalypse, literally. My pink shorts create an hombre fade into the legs.

I need to hit a beach. Bad.

Comment

Accurate.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Yeah, the downside is why it didn't last long enough. Dude got royally screwed by his contract, I'm glad he is finally getting his reward for that show.
                        My friend was doing contract work for the Air Force out in Ohio. He stopped at a gas station and was having a smoke. Chappelle rode up on his motorcycle and bummed a few smokes. Apparently, they talked for a half hour without either addressing the fact that he was Dave Chappelle. He said he was cool and very chill. Only made a couple of jokes... but they were both about just how white this area of Ohio was. He said he walked into a bar and the server recoiled as if he had dropped a bag of snakes at her feet. Like... she hadn’t ever met a black dude kinda shit.

After watching one of his recent specials, this sounds spot-on.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

I’ll go delete them now.
                          I downloaded the series back in the day. Shame!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

My friend was doing contract work for the Air Force out in Ohio. He stopped at a gas station and was having a smoke. Chappelle rode up on his motorcycle and bummed a few smokes. Apparently, they talked for a half hour without either addressing the fact that he was Dave Chappelle. He said he was cool and very chill. Only made a couple of jokes... but they were both about just how white this area of Ohio was. He said he walked into a bar and the server recoiled as if he had dropped a bag of snakes at her feet. Like... she hadn’t ever met a black dude kinda shit.

After watching one of his recent specials, this sounds spot-on.
                            I met him in Ybor probably 10 years or so ago. There's a comedy club there that I was member of and it was a sort of similar situation. It was a cold night, for Florida (I'm talking 40 degrees) , and my girl wanted to smoke. She couldn't inside so we went outside. He's the only other person out there smoking. I don't smoke, never have, so he ask me why I'm out there if I don't smoke. I just point at my girl and he says something along the lines of most men wouldn't do that after they already have the girl, fist bumped me, and talked to us until the next guy was due up. We didn't talk about much except the different acts that been up that night. As we parted, my girl asked me who that was because I asked him if was gonna be up later. I told her and she said no fucking way, he's not funny in person. I laughed pretty hard.

As for your post about Ohio reacting to him. And people wonder why I say the mid west is the most overtly racist place I have ever been.

Comment

Working...
                            X