Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A New Streaming Thread

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

    Apparently, he changed his tune and he now approved its run on Netflix.



    Because netflix is paying him for it. He never had an issue with Netflix, his issue was with Viacom purchasing the rights from comedy central and syndicating the show without paying him.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

      Because netflix is paying him for it. He never had an issue with Netflix, his issue was with Viacom purchasing the rights from comedy central and syndicating the show without paying him.
      Sort of...He literally asked people to not watch. So, to say he "never had an issue with Netflix" is a bit inaccurate.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

        Sort of...He literally asked people to not watch. So, to say he "never had an issue with Netflix" is a bit inaccurate.
        I'm going by his on statement. He asked netflix to pull it, and they did, he then asked people to quit watching it on the other platforms where it was being aired, and they did. It allowed him to get the rights to it. I'm paraphrasing, but that's essentially what happened.

        Comment


        • Chappelle's Show is so good because it didn't last long enough to run out of material like In Living Color.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by riker7 View Post
            Chappelle's Show is so good because it didn't last long enough to run out of material like In Living Color.
            Yeah, the downside is why it didn't last long enough. Dude got royally screwed by his contract, I'm glad he is finally getting his reward for that show.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by riker7 View Post
              Chappelle's Show is so good because it didn't last long enough to run out of material like In Living Color.
              I tried watching In Living Color and a lot of it didn’t age well. Some skits were still funny while other were just blah. When they took Chappell show off Netflix, it came on Comedy Central one weekend and I recorded all the episodes I could.

              I’ll go delete them now.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

                I tried watching In Living Color and a lot of it didn’t age well. Some skits were still funny while other were just blah. When they took Chappell show off Netflix, it came on Comedy Central one weekend and I recorded all the episodes I could.

                I’ll go delete them now.
                Once the Wayans moved on and Jim Carrey was only an occasional guest star it was done.

                Comment

                Working...
                X