Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ho. Lee. Shit.

Comment

I'm 100% all-in on heel Dakota Kai right now. I hope when she finally cuts a promo she mentions the segment where Rhea names Mia Yim the last member of her team. Watch Tegan Knox during it- she barely reacts at all when Rhea makes the announcement, and only half-asses puts her arm on Dakota's shoulder in sympathy. Then when Dakota storms off, upset, Tegan stands there showing no sympathy for her best friend, and even cracks a smile. Fuck, Candice LeRae looks more concerned about Dakota there.

I love when little details like that get factored into storylines and such, and I hope NXT goes that direction.

Also, this last weekend's turned Rhea Ripley and Keith Lee into stars.

Comment

NXT: 810,000
        AEW: 663,000

Comment

NXT won tonight quality wise, although AEW was hardly bad. Its taken AEW to get the midcard fleshed out, but they're starting to do that- special mention to the Dark Order. Just feel like things moved further on NXT this time around.

Both programs building up to Dec. 18 as something of a gala show. Jericho, Baszler, and Cole all defending that night.

Comment

Not gonna lie, they dragged the Mox turn out long enough to where I actually thought it was legit.

Comment

Comment

AEW and TNT agree to an extension through 2023 with another year option for TNT. They are also adding an hour of content, will likely be taped on Wednesdays and aired another day during the week, with Monday being the only hard no. They will also turn a profit this year...meaning they have shattered all expectations from a business stand point and are now running profitable national product within the first 4 months of being on TV.

Comment

You guys are pathetic. You've had plenty of time to announce a WWEs hall of famers death and you've yet to do it. Shameful.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
                    AEW and TNT agree to an extension through 2023 with another year option for TNT. They are also adding an hour of content, will likely be taped on Wednesdays and aired another day during the week, with Monday being the only hard no. They will also turn a profit this year...meaning they have shattered all expectations from a business stand point and are now running profitable national product within the first 4 months of being on TV.
                    The original deal was TNT paid for production and they split ad revenue, which the prod was $26m/year or $500k a show. The new deal, WarnerMedia/TNT does not pay for production and AEW will. They will continue to split ad revenue but it goes from no media rights to a roughly $19m profit from TNT (factoring in AEW now paying for the production costs).

Comment

18 weeks into the War and its 13-4-1 in favor of AEW.

Comment

WWE just fired their co-presidents. Vince can't take the blame for himself and makes the company figureheads take the blame.

Comment

How come we never talk about the actual shows on this? Its like we care about ratings more than the actual fucking wrestling.

On that note, holy shit is Yuka Sakazaki tiny.

EDIT: Also, Britt Baker is a bitch.
                          Last edited by Pollaski; 02-05-2020, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that Dynamite episode was... uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
                              Yeah, that Dynamite episode was... uncomfortable.
                              The ten lashes? Oh you never watched southern wrasslin' did ya? Shit like this was a booking staple in the 70s and 80s for Memphis, and Mid-Atlantic. This show was in Huntsville, where Southeastern/Continental was. I believe its there where the idea was first used. But god damn that was brutal to watch but from the suspension of disbelief, you just made MJF the most hated pro wrestler in America.

Comment

Originally posted by nutt View Post

The ten lashes? Oh you never watched southern wrasslin' did ya? Shit like this was a booking staple in the 70s and 80s for Memphis, and Mid-Atlantic. This show was in Huntsville, where Southeastern/Continental was. I believe its there where the idea was first used. But god damn that was brutal to watch but from the suspension of disbelief, you just made MJF the most hated pro wrestler in America.
                                A guy got a key jammed into his eye. Yes its fake, doesn't matter. That stuff bothers me.
                                A girl got curbstomped and had her teeth knocked out. Yes, its fake. Still a crigey visual.

And yeah, the ten lashes. They did it amazingly well. It was so painful to watch, and I know that's what they were going for. I thought the best part was Brandi completely abandoning her own gimmick to run out and give Cody support.

Comment

Working...
                                X