Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In case anyone else is paying attention to the R2NB tour, Jay Whites back in NjPW. Seems to be going after Ishii (?!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
      In case anyone else is paying attention to the R2NB tour, Jay Whites back in NjPW. Seems to be going after Ishii (?!)
      Well yea, he signed a 7 year deal just a couple years ago.

Comment

• THE FORBIDDEN DOOR HAS BEEN KNOCKED OFF ITS HINGES!!!

Also, I'm not one bit sad at Edge being in the title picture. Its a great story to be told.

Comment

• Originally posted by nutt View Post
          THE FORBIDDEN DOOR HAS BEEN KNOCKED OFF ITS HINGES!!!

Also, I'm not one bit sad at Edge being in the title picture. Its a great story to be told.
          If NJPW and AEW are working together now, they owe it to themselves to have Kota and Kenny run the table and face off at WK for the biggest main event in history.

Problem with the Edge thing is he didnt need to win the Rumble to be in the title picture. They continue to refuse to make new stars and push new young talent. Thats why you get Goldberg and a nearing 50 Edge.

Comment

• Originally posted by JTrain View Post

If NJPW and AEW are working together now, they owe it to themselves to have Kota and Kenny run the table and face off at WK for the biggest main event in history.
            The problem in the last 40 years is every time multiple companies work together, one tries to fuck the other over and it all comes crashing down: Pro Wrestling USA (AWA, JCP, Memphis), The All Together Alliance in Japan (AJPW, BJW, ZERO1, NOAH---NOAH split and jumped with NJPW), and none have worked together well since WWF expansion outside of the New England and Tri-State expansion. I have my hopes up that AEW, IMPACT, NWA, and NJPW can all work together. The wildness in all of this is the secondary relations market: AEW has agreements with DDT/NOAH and AAA; NJPW has agreements with ROH and CMLL. Although NWA and ROH had been working with each other until Scurll was fired.

With that said, Kota vs. Kenny at WK16 would be great. Title vs. Title? Can't go the distance, you'd piss off a ton of fanbases (NJPW, AEW, puro, and wrestling fans altogether). Japan doesn't do Double DQs and Double Countouts.

Originally posted by JTrain View Post

Problem with the Edge thing is he didnt need to win the Rumble to be in the title picture. They continue to refuse to make new stars and push new young talent. Thats why you get Goldberg and a nearing 50 Edge.
            I get that. They could've made a star out of Damian Priest and had him clean house, let it come down to him and Edge, and Edge eliminate Priest. Although, knowing WWE THEY WILL FUCK THIS UP.... They are going to do Miz & Morrison vs. Bad Bunny and a tag partner at Mania. My heart says it'll be Damian Priest. My gut and my mind knowing how WWE thinks, it'll be FUCKING Booker T.

Comment

• Damian Priest is already 38. Punishment Martinez has been around for awhile

The Men's rumble had 2 guys in it under 30

Dominic Mysterio and Otis who's 29

Comment

• Dynamites main event was nuts. AEW knows how to embrace chaos.

Also, you might wanna watch the Hardy/Page bar segment again. I missed *it*, and I know others did to.

Comment

• So I get turning Apollo heel because it should've been done MONTHS ago, but turning Otis heel? WTF?

UGH...

Oh, just because we've been talking about old people....

Keiji Mutoh, aka The Great Muta, is now the GHC Heavyweight Champion. Even though NOAH (and even All Japan for that matter) are no longer at the top of the Japanese puro food chain, the title is still considered that prestigious (with the IWGP Heavyweight and Triple Crown Heavyweight). Mutoh is the third wrestler ever to hold the IWGP, TC, and GHC titles.

Jun Akiyama, a former All Japan and NOAH standout, is now the KO-D Heavyweight Champion (DDT's top title). He left AJPW as the CEO/Booker to join NOAH and work with Mutoh, Akiyama, and Marifuji to build up the NOAH and DDT brands within CyberFight.

Comment

• Hiromu Takahashi out 6 mos with a torn pec.

FUCK.

Comment

• Perfect, Piper, Rude, Owen, Nak, Davey, Jake= never world champion

Miz= 2 times

Comment

• Outside of Nak (which is a travesty), its just a product of the times. The belts hopped around a lot more since the late 90s

The Miz is a very guilty pleasure for me so Im actually okay with it. Hes very good at making you want to see him get his ass kicked.

Comment

• Originally posted by JTrain View Post
                          Perfect, Piper, Rude, Owen, Nak, Davey, Jake= never world champion

Miz= 2 times

Perfect was AWA Champion

Piper eh... that's a fucking travesty.

Rude was NWA World Champion, although would've been WWF Champion had any not refused to work with Hogan in late-90 / early-91.

Owen: heard a story that Owen was going to win the title at some point later the year that he died.

Davey: Victim of his own (coke, steroids)

Jake: Never wanted it

Nak: Fucking Vince.

Comment

• Originally posted by nutt View Post

Perfect was AWA Champion

Piper eh... that's a fucking travesty.

Rude was NWA World Champion, although would've been WWF Champion had any not refused to work with Hogan in late-90 / early-91.

Owen: heard a story that Owen was going to win the title at some point later the year that he died.

Davey: Victim of his own (coke, steroids)

Jake: Never wanted it

Nak: Fucking Vince.
                            I clearly only meant this in regards to WWF/E.

Id also include Martel in the list, who was also champion else where

Comment

• So...

Not Safe For Work!
                              Mox retained over KENTA at New Beginning USA. New Japan has plans, yo.

Comment

• New Japan Bracket released. So stoked.

Predictions

FIRST ROUND
                                Jeff Cobb def Satoshi Kojima
                                Tetsuya Naito def The Great O-Khan
                                Toru Yano def Bad Luck Fale
                                Taichi def Hirooki Goto
                                Kazuchika Okada def Shinzo Takagi
                                Minoru Suzuki def Tamoaki Honma
                                KENTA def Juice Robinson
                                Will Ospreay def Hiroyoshi Tenzan
                                Zack Sabre Jr def Gabriel Kidd
                                Yota Tsuji def Yuji Nagata
                                SANADA def Tomohiro Ishii
                                David Finlay def Chase Owens
                                YOSHI-HASHI def Yujiro Takahashi
                                Jay White def Toa Henare

SECOND ROUND
                                EVIL def Jeff Cobb
                                Tetsuya Naito def Toru Yano
                                Kazuchika Okada def Taichi
                                KENTA def Minoru Suzuki
                                Will Ospreay def Zack Sabre Jr
                                SANADA def Yota Tsuji
                                YOSHI-HASHI def David Finlay
                                Jay White def Hiroshi Tanahashi

QUARTERFINALS
                                Tetsuya Naito def EVIL
                                Kazuchika Okada def KENTA
                                Will Ospreay def Sanada
                                Jay White def Yoshi-Hashi

SEMIFINALS
                                Kazuchika Okada def Tetsuya Naito
                                Will Ospreay def Jay White

Will Ospreay wins the New Japan Cup over Kazuchika Okada.

Comment

Working...
                                X