Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts on the Full Gear fallout show

- Opening match was fun. Sydal's always fun to watch, and Cage continues to grow on me.
    - I feel like sooner or later Starks and Cage are going to be at odds, and I'm not sure which one I'm going to want to root for when it does.
    - Whoever that woman was who interrupted Cody needs mic skill work BADlY. Also... Shaq? Meh. That said, Brandi going off on her was amazing
    - Mox's looking less like a tweener and more like a pure face with each passing week.
    - I thought Bunkhouse matches were in cages?
    - That said, the Bunkhouse was a glorious trainwreck. I dont like that Bunny got away with interfering so much- that's your team out there Brandi, where the fuck are you?- but she did get hers in the end. Oof, all four men beat the living shit out of each other. I'm surprised TNT's okay with that much color.
    - "Jacksonville Children's Choir, everybody"- Line of the night.
    - Hrm... Guevara absent from MJF's induction, and Jericho made it clear it wasn't because of the Hardy match. MJF plagiarizing Drake was beautiful. Looking forward to the Vegas shenanigans.
    - Lovely troll job by Omega no-selling the unsanctioned match against Moxley last year. Especially considering how furious Mox was over the whole thing.
    - Oh, hey. Turns out MJF sent Sammy on a snipe hunt. Interesting that MJF is targeting the guy who views Jericho as a mentor more than anyone else in the IC.

- Now... the main event. This one of the BEST bits of subversive storytelling I've seen anywhere. First Kingston comes out with a nice display of defiance in the face of his surrender at the hands of Mox. Honestly felt a little tweener-esque. Loved it. Then he basically promises that we're going to get right where we left off with the Lucha Bros first match...
    And instead of a high energy spotfest we get a slower, deeply personal match that sees both brothers trying to rip each others mask off. All the while Kingston furiously denies Schiavone's ever more annoying claims that this is because of him... yet as the match goes on, he's becoming more and more antagonistic towards Fenix. This is no longer two men he respects, but one he likes just a little bit more. He's playing favorites. He dropped a clue earlier when he basically undersold Fenix's injury from their first match, but now its becoming clear- Eddie Kingston is not Rey Fenix's friend.
    Then Penta wins, nearly killing his brother in the process. Wasn't what I was expecting, but great match anyways. Kingston comes to the ring, singing the praises of "two of the best luchadores in the world"... and he promptly kicks Rey Fenix out of the ring. This man is poison- he's poisoned his relationship with his best friend, and now he's going to drive the brothers we thought were his friends apart. And he begins to plant that seed in Penta's brain...

And the Bastard Returns.

Through no fault of his own, PAC's been a non-factor in AEW. His last significant match saw him getting clowned by Orange Cassidy back when Cassidy was still considered a joke. Then he formed Death Triangle with the Lucha Bros... and was just starting to get traction, and the pandemic hit, exiling him to the other side of the pond where he's sat forced to watch as AEW passes him by. And he's had to watch this motherfucker come in, and take HIS spot as the Lucha Bros running buddy, and now he's going to try and break them up?

Well fuck you, Eddie Kingston.

It'll be interesting to see where this all settles, but right now, PAC actually looks like the good guy here. You could see on the outside after PAC returned- Penta looked extremely confused, like he didn't know what to make of any of this, and while Fenix could barely stand, its not hard to guess where he's going to side. And now Khan's giving Pac a chance at one of Kingston's other cronies in the Blade.

I love every bit of it. A main event that seemed completely straightforward turned out to be anything but, and now there's so many ways we can go from here.

Comment

• AEW: 764,000
      NXT: 632,000

45-10-1, At this point we know who will win every week. All normal weeks go to AEW, weeks where NXT does a takeover or WCW PPV special they will win. AEW's product is killing NXT though, and WWE in general. Better in every facet besides the womens division.

Comment

• WWE released Zelina Vega because she refused to take down her Twitch account and stop streaming. She stood her ground. Good for her.

Comment

• Originally posted by nutt View Post
          WWE released Zelina Vega because she refused to take down her Twitch account and stop streaming. She stood her ground. Good for her.
          She says she's "heartbroken", but, what else did she think was going to happen by defying the directive?

That said, WWE's new Twitch policy is pointless, stupid, and greedy. Not to mention counterproductive, as it was a potential way to gain new viewers.

All in all, it just another thing that makes AEW's "trust your talent" MO look so much better than WWE's overproduced, overcontrolling mentality.

Comment

• AEW: 850,000
            NXT: 638,000

46-10-1 (56-1) Just keeping track for records sake at this point. Khan buys Vince before its all said and done.

Comment

• Oh my god.vince looks terrible.

Comment

• Really wish they waited til live audiences were back to do this. Doesnt seem right for Taker to go in the middle of an empty arena to piped in cheers.

Comment

• RIP to the architect of the Royal Rumble, Pat Patterson.

Comment

• Dynamite was incredible. Spoiler below

Not Safe For Work!
                    STING! Omega new champ, working relationship between Impact and AEW official with Callis. Incredible stuff

Comment

• More like the Best Bitch Machine,

Im so fucking pissed right now.
                      Last edited by Pollaski; 12-03-2020, 01:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
                        More like the Best Bitch Machine,

lmfao@ this mark

Comment

• Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
                          More like the Best Bitch Machine,

It was a great markout moment, that is for sure. Full blown heel turn that the fan in me was able to suspend the disbelief when I noticed Callis was on commentary. When that happened, I expected it but still couldn't stop.

Also, that was byfar the BEST Dynamite so far in 2020. Hearing Tony Schiavone, who didn't even know Sting was there (its been 24 hours, its the #3 trending video on YouTube and the most watched wrestling clip this week---yes, more than ANY WWE YouTube video posted in the last seven days), pull the "ITS STIIIIING!" out of his retro Monday Nitro calls that made you feel goosebumps like it was 1997 all over again.

Comment

• Fantastic segment on Impact with Don and Kenny.

Tonight is a loaded dynamite card (10 segments promoted), including a follow up to the above.

Comment

• Watched Impact tonight. Decent wrestli. Ing- of those I hadnt seen before, Chris Bey and Rosemary stood out, but my God are the announcers terrible.

The glaring thing is... Tony Khan cuts a better promo than their entire roster. You cant even understand half the wrestlers because the setups for their segs are so bad.

That said, Kenny was exquisite in his douchiness.

what I dont understand is what Impact gets from this. They put AEW over to almost ridiculous levels, to the point of making their own champion look like a chump nobody. Thats a lot to give up just to say you got to rub elbows at the cool kids table

Comment

• AEW: 995,000
                                NXT: 659,000

AEW #2 on all of cable and #1 on all of cable in males 18-49 (0.57), and an 0.45 in persons 18-49.

Comment

Working...
                                X