And so it begins!

WCW is back?

Comment

AEW- 1.4
      NXT- .890

1-0 AEW.

Both shows were really good, fwiw.

Comment

So AEW debuts.and the best way WWE main counters is to have one top title match end in six seconds, destroying one of their top babyfaces in the process, and the other top title match to end in the first ever HIAC diaqualification, destroying one of their top heels in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Pollaski View Post
          So AEW debuts.and the best way WWE main counters is to have one top title match end in six seconds, destroying one of their top babyfaces in the process, and the other top title match to end in the first ever HIAC diaqualification, destroying one of their top heels in the process.
          Uh, that DQ was moreso to protect Wyatt but Jesus Christ that was a horrible finish. The Fiend putting the mandible claw on Seth and blood gushing out of his mouth was too far.

Comment

Originally posted by nutt View Post

Uh, that DQ was moreso to protect Wyatt but Jesus Christ that was a horrible finish. The Fiend putting the mandible claw on Seth and blood gushing out of his mouth was too far.
            Of course it was to protect Wyatt, but you shouldnt be having to protect your monster superheel in his first main event program.

I get not wanting to put the title on Bray, but theres a hundred better ways to do it.

Comment

If this was AEW vs. the main roster, it would already be over. If and when Vince takes over NXT (intended), it will be over for them as well.

Also, it was virtually impossible to fuck up Brays brilliance. Vince did it in record time.

Comment

On the bright side, Becky Lynch continues to be incredible.

Comment

AEW was decent.

Private Party vs Young Bucks was great.
                  Jericho promo was nice. But Sammy Guevara doesn't belong in that group.
                  The AEW top end talent is great, but damn the singles midcard talent is pretty trash.

Washing NXT now

Comment

Couple thoughts after watching Dynamite (I missed the debut episode, sadly)

- Have to say that's the first time I've seen a wrestler get jumped by a guy on a skateboard.
                    - I don't think it can ever be overstated just how amazing Jericho is. He's always made everyone around him better, and now he's doing it to an entire freakin promotion. I especially loved the way he shut down the "We The People" chants.
                    - That Moxley/Omega staredown was incredible. Fuck PAC for ruining it.
                    - I always found Tony Schiavone a bit of an idiot, but I have to say he sounded really good tonight. Maybe its working with Ross, or the fact that he's not burnt out by a decade of horrendous WCW politics and booking. On that note, LMAO @ JR trying to interject RRSO references every chance he could.

Comment

Wow, and NXT counters with "Daddy's Home" and a phenomenal WALTER/KUSHIDA match.

Comment

AEW got better from week 1 to week 2.

NXT was much worse from week 1 to week 2. They tried to put on a takeover in week 1, it failed in the ratings and now we are seeing what a normal show will look like, and while its better than Raw/Smackdown, its still not great.

My guess is that this will be another big ratings win for AEW, who had a stellar show.

Comment

WEDNESDAY RATINGS: AEW down to 1.018 million from 1.409 million last week. NXT down to 790,000 from 845,000 last week.

Comment

Originally posted by boomie View Post
                            WEDNESDAY RATINGS: AEW down to 1.018 million from 1.409 million last week. NXT down to 790,000 from 845,000 last week.
                            Add in another 100k that watched AEW on truTV. There was legit fear behind the scenes that they'd lose their audience because of a baseball overrun so they decided last minute to air Dynamite in its entirety on truTV and TNT, as they would promote over and over they would be bumped if the Cardinals-Braves ran long.

Comment

Rollins/Wyatt got -2 feom Meltzer. As bad as wwe can get, its been years since they got negged.

Comment

Working...
                              X