Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nashville

Looking at going to Nashville next weekend. Is it worth the price to stay downtown or maybe save a little for the room and stay around Vanderbilt? Places to hit up while there? Restaurants? Maybe a nice meal on Saturday night?

Last December we stayed at the Homewood Suites Vanderbilt, went to Hattie B's for dinner followed by a show at the Ryman. We drove to the Parthenon but it was closing as we arrived. I still haven't been in that place. On another trip we stayed at the Opryland Hotel, went to the current Opry House and the Hermitage. The Opryland Hotel is a cool place but I probably wouldn't stay there again. Go in, ride the boat, walk around and stay at the Hampton across the street. We also went to the Loveless Cafe. It is a bit of a drive, the wait is long and the food is better at Cracker Barrel. I don't know why the place is so popular.

Comment

Was just looking at Opryland. Looks awesome during Christmas.

Comment

Downtown Nashville is very proud of their hotels....

Comment

We had tickets to the Ryman and I didn’t want to fight traffic to get there from the hotel on a Friday night. The Vanderbilt Homewood was close by and we didn’t get into much traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jbirdeagle View Post
            Looking at going to Nashville next weekend. Is it worth the price to stay downtown or maybe save a little for the room and stay around Vanderbilt? Places to hit up while there? Restaurants? Maybe a nice meal on Saturday night?
            Originally posted by Jbirdeagle View Post
            Downtown Nashville is very proud of their hotels....
            "Worth it" is definitely one of those 'eye of the beholder' things. I don't know if it is worth it to you or not. But I'll do my best to lay out the info I know.

Nashville has become such a popular destination that a lot of hotels seem to be cashing in. Hopefully prices drop as more hotels are built. And we're building a LOT of hotels.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...yre-right.html

Is it worth it to stay downtown?

If you want to park your car for the weekend and barely move it, yes. If you plan to get fucking blitzed on Broadway/2nd and not have to worry about driving back or having an expensive cab ride (I actually don't think a couple of blocks of Uber/Lyft is a bad idea when it gets past midnight). Walkability is absolutely the main reason to stay downtown. Aside from that, it's picking a particularly nice/special hotel, or a brand you are familiar with.

Vanderbilt/Midtown/West End is a great option if you are OK with the following: ]
            -Ubering for a small fee during daylight hours, and possibly more at night.
            -Driving a short distance to downtown and paying $15-20 to park most of the day
            -Walking 1-2 miles in the heat so you can impress everyone with your musk when you arrive.

I recently took some out-of-town family around to a few different places. Feel free to message me if you want some more comprehensive details on what to do. I'd be more than happy to have a beer with you again, but I completely understand if you don't want to this visit.

I have a lot of restaurant recommendations if you want them. Good places. Not the basic places that people on here will suggest.

Comment

Well my...getting blitzed...days are well behind me. So travel isn’t an issue.

Anyways, this weekend isn’t happening. Completely forgot we already had something going on with the kiddos. Will look at it again within the next month. Nash...I will hit you up before I plan anything.

Comment

I've stayed on the East side both times I've gone the last couple months. Gotten an Airbnb for a fraction of hotel costs. East Nashville was a lot of fun. about a $15 uber downtown

Comment

It only happens once a decade, and this stupid thing can't wait a few more weeks?!?

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/na...-corpse-flower

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
                    It only happens once a decade, and this stupid thing can't wait a few more weeks?!?

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/na...-corpse-flower
                    I went to the Corpse Flower bloom at the Huntington park in Pasadena 10 years ago - fucking awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

I went to the Corpse Flower bloom at the Huntington park in Pasadena 10 years ago - fucking awesome.
                      Sounds riveting

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Sounds riveting

Well its something you should experience if you have the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Sounds riveting

A flatlander with zero appreciation for nature.

Comment

Doggone it...WTFF happened to the big Nashville thread?!?

Anyway...I wanted to add a new piece for the recommendations for one of America's greatest inland cities.

Kayne Prime for higher end steak. Fuck beans, that place was good. Wagyu is Wagyu is Wagyu.

https://www.mstreetnashville.com/kayne-prime

Comment

Working...
                            X