Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FVSports Book Club

I need some new books to read. Trying to unwind from the day to day doldrums of how exhausting life is these days and want to immerse myself into some books instead of screens.

Let's hear what you're reading now.

Originally posted by boomie View Post
    I need some new books to read. Trying to unwind from the day to day doldrums of how exhausting life is these days and want to immerse myself into some books instead of screens.

Let's hear what you're reading now.
    What kind of book are you looking for?

I read Jordan Peterson's "12 Rules For Life" recently and it wasn't bad. It drags a bit at times, but he has a lot of really interesting things to say about human psychology and relationships.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Starting in 2018:

Audible:
            Island by Aldous Huxley
            Deliverance by James Dickey (Woo Pig Sooey)
            The Black Echo by Michael Connelly
            Children of the Mind by Orson Scott Card
            Hue 1968 by Mark Bowden (same guy who wrote Black Hawk Down)
            Faceless Killers by Henning Mankell (First Kurt Wallander novel)
            Plum Islan by Nelson DeMille
            Annhilation by Jeff VanderMeer
            The General's Daughter by Nelson DeMille (the book is better but I prefer the movie ending)
            Paradox Bound by Peter Clines (Other novels I have read or listened to by Clines have a modern twist on H.P. Lovecraft. He has also done a series on zombies or superheroes fighting zombies or something stupid like that but I haven't read them)
            The Strange Death of Europe by Douglas Murray
            The Big Short by Michael Lewis
            On the Road by Jack Kerouac (didn't like the book but Will Patton's narration was fantastic)
            In the Heart of the Sea by Nathaniel Philbrick (big fan of Philbrick's work)
            Congo by Michael Crichton (read the book years ago. So much better than that awful movie)
            Mutiny on the Bounty by Charles Nordhoff and James Norman Hall
            Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep by Philip K. Dick
            The Virginian by Owen Wister
            Les Miserables
            Game of Thrones Book 1 (Needed a shower after listening to that one. Haven't seen the show but I find it disturbing that a guy who looks like Martin so graphically describes 14 year old girls having sex. Hardly seems legal)
            Leviathan Wakes by James S.A. Corey
            Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
            The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (Haven't seen the movie. Didn't care for the book)

Read:
            Guns, Germs, and Steel by Jared Diamond
            Both of the Josey Wales novels
            Unshakeable by Tony Robbins
            Farther Than Any Man by Martin Dugard
            The Education of Little Tree by Forrest Carter

Currently listening to Artemis by Andy Weir and reading 12 Rules for Life.
            Last edited by riker7; 06-11-2018, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Fantastic. Thanks guys

Comment

Shea Serrano's Baketball (and Other Things) and The Rap Year Book are musts.

I'm in the process of moving right now, which means transporting boxes upon boxes upon boxes of books. I'll post some favorites in a day or two when I'm sifting through them again to put them on new bookshelves.

Motley Crue's The Dirt is one I recommend a lot. It's a fun read.

Comment

Yeah, I got The Rap Year from a buddy this past weekend. Quite excited for it

Comment

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...28905240295863

Comment

Recently finished Dark Matter. I'm not a fiction reader, specifically sci-fi, but it was entertaining enough to finish.

Currently on these two...One in the office and one in the room.

Comment

I also skim this one here and there...

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

Seeing this post just reminds me how heartbroken I was seeing the terrible movie version.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Seeing this post just reminds me how heartbroken I was seeing the terrible movie version.
                            I made it about 20 minutes in. I was baffled by the opening scene.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Don’t get me started. It could have EASILY been a billion dollar franchise and they just completely fucked it up.

Hell, they even did the casting well.

Comment

Working...
                              X