Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever won anything (contest/raffle/lottery/slots/radio tv thing)?

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Not to date myself, but when I was a kid if I wanted to pirate a song I had to sit there and listen to the radio and push "record" on my tape player to capture the song.
    Did that as well. Even had to record it off another radio and then your brother walks into the room and starts talking in the middle of it.

Comment

Originally posted by PBS View Post

Did that as well. Even had to record it off another radio and then your brother walks into the room and starts talking in the middle of it.
      I finally got a high tech ghetto blaster I could go right to tape. In college I had a typewriter that had room for 5-10 pages in memory.

Comment

As a kid, I won the top prize in some bullshit carnival game that my dad told me there was no way I would ever win and it was a waste of money.

I almost won a pool table off of a bar in DC who was giving one away. They had a contest where if you bough a beer, you got a put from the front of the restaurant all the way to the kitchen (like 200 feet of unlevel and cracked concrete slab) and if you made the put, you won the pool table. Like 10 people showed up to try. After 3 or 4 beers I called it quits and was getting ready to leave. Couple of the guys convinced me to just hit one for shit and giggles (no beer purchase) since I had been the closest all day. I fucking made it. But no pool table, because no beer.

Putt was from behind where this picture was taken all the way to the kitchen in the back. Shit was crazy. Bartender felt bad and bought everyone a round of shots.

Comment

Working...
        X