Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average wedding cost

Per Google, in 2016, the average wedding cost was $35,329.

I know we have some married men here, so I have to ask: How much did you pay for your wedding? And if it's close to that number, what the fuck is wrong with you?

Don’t remember the exact number but it was certainly close to $30k at the end of the day.

Wife4prez and fam covered most of it. The rest paid for out 10 day honeymoon in Greece on CC points.

It was still a waste. Elope you fools. Our gifts didn’t cover expenses.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
      Don’t remember the exact number but it was certainly close to $30k at the end of the day.

Wife4prez and fam covered most of it. The rest paid for out 10 day honeymoon in Greece on CC points.

It was still a waste. Elope you fools. Our gifts didn’t cover expenses.
      Brothers wedding was in the same ballpark, a tad closer to the 35 range because his wifes family is a bit on the high maintenance side...which is funny, because shes nothing like that. Anyways, can confirm that this seems to be an average cost to these things, and you are right, its not worth it at all.

Comment

About 10K and 6K for a ring, I paid for it.

Comment

According to google, the average for Europeans is in the $5,500 to $6,000 ballpark. That seems a lot more reasonable.

Comment

I doubt our wedding cost more than $1k but all I did was show up.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
              About 10K and 6K for a ring, I paid for it.
              Yea, but you were married in 1920...

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post

Yea, but you were married in 1920...
                We had to walk uphill in the snow to the wedding chapel in bare feet.

Fucking Millenials

Comment

I have a friend that does floral stuff the highest end of Atlanta rich folks and their rich children's weddings. What people spend on things they'll see for a few hours, will take home and will die is insane.

She's got one lady that spends between 50-70k per year on just Christmas garlands and tree. What they can hit up big ATL country club weddings for could influence the GDP of some island countries.

Comment

I'm not sure what my sister paid, but I don't think it was anywhere near $35k. I know the venue (a park) was nearly $2k itself, which seemed really ridiculous I know she got a good discount on the DJ because he royally fucked up her entrance march (was supposed to be the Imperial March, and instead he played the Star Wars Disco. Needless to say, my sister was PISSED.)

Comment

We got married at the court house, so whatever the cost of the marriage license was, maybe $50?

Comment

Both sisters did it on the "cheap". Was still about $15k per...

Comment

We started looking in Seattle and many places had food and beverage minimums of like 20-25 k alone.

After that we looked in Portland and it was much better and no sales tax. Her dad paid for a lot of it, which was nice. I myself contributed all the hard alcohol, which the catering company was nice enough to let us use, for a small corkage fee of like 5 bucks a bottle. So I think I contributed like 400$ that I spent on good quality scotch and vodka, and the like. I probably paid for some other random crap too somewhere in there.

Overall I think it came to around 20-22k total, not counting like cost of her wedding ring and stuff like that. (Not sure if the above figure was counting rings).

Comment

Originally posted by Triplethreat View Post
                            We got married at the court house, so whatever the cost of the marriage license was, maybe $50?
                            This. Keep all that money in your pocket or invest it.

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post

This. Keep all that money in your pocket or invest it.
                              It just seems like a waste of money to me. What young married couple wouldn't benefit more from having that money socked away?

Comment

Working...
                              X