Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

Why the fuck is that damn near next door to Jessy's?!? If I'm gonna' drive that far, I'm not trying to overeat TWICE
    Because the brewery in which it’s located moved there. It’s not the cheapest Über either. Also, the OG Jessy’s is way better than the new one in Ghent.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Because the brewery in which it’s located moved there. It’s not the cheapest Über either. Also, the OG Jessy’s is way better than the new one in Ghent.
      I only know the one super close to Little Creek.

And, BBQ in a brewery sounds great...But, that Lyft ride from Chesapeake would be a bit much.

I'm still going to Jessy's at some point next week. I might save my BBQ needs for my scheduled BBQ Crawl on the 23rd

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

I only know the one super close to Little Creek.

And, BBQ in a brewery sounds great...But, that Lyft ride from Chesapeake would be a bit much.

I'm still going to Jessy's at some point next week. I might save my BBQ needs for my scheduled BBQ Crawl on the 23rd
        Word. I’ll be somewhere around. Hit me up.

Comment

Also, a BBQ Crawl? If they allow open containers between places, you all could all roam free, six feet apart, like majestic drunken buffalo.

Comment

Rule #4 is spot on and applies to the original Dreamland:

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post

They’re all spot-on. Back in college, I wrote an article along these lines. One of my points was that the restaurant should look like it should be condemned.

This is Allen & Son BBQ in Chapel Hill. The building shouldn’t be even standing at this point.

This is an example of a road sign that lets you know there’s serious Q happening here.

I literally found this place the first time by following my nose. I knew generally where it was. When I got there, they were already sold out. But, after hearing how far we’d come and how we ultimately found it, he gave us about a pound for free. It had just come off the smoker and was resting. We had to wait about an hour, but it was an hour of talking bbq with a legit pit master and bbq legend. He had a sandwich with us and talked more about barbecue. So... totally worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post

Wrong from the start...So, I have no idea what his other wrong rules are.

It's not 1993...People recognize BBQ for its greatness, and you no longer have to fight raccoons and boost your tetanus immunity to have great BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
                  http://dining.blog.austin360.com/201...lin-barbecues/

Now I've never had Franklin's brisket before but I can tell you this, fucking Hill Country doesn't even have top 5 brisket in the DMV and we're shit for BBQ.

This food blogger should kill his or herself.
                  Also...
                  Look, I’ve never been to Hill Country barbecue in D.C., or the flagship in Manhattan opened by a man with Texas roots who modeled his restaurant on Kreuz Market in his family’s hometown of Lockhart. But I don’t need to to know that the brisket there, or anywhere in D.C., can’t touch that at Franklin Barbecue.
                  I've been to Lockhart, and it's as amazing as anyone could possibly imagine. However, most BBQ folks in and around the area will tell you Kreuz is absolute trash. The guys at Black's straight up told us they send the rude and shitty customers to Kreuz and send good customers to Smitty's. And, yes...Smitty's was amazing. Possibly the best turkey I ever had

Comment

So I found an electric crockpot in the attic - unopened - still working (from god knows which year)

Any good crock pot recipes y'all can give me?

Can you make BBQ in a crockpot? I read somewhere it can be done. BBQ doesn't have to be only in a smoker or on the grill

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                      So I found an electric crockpot in the attic - unopened - still working (from god knows which year)

Can you make BBQ in a crockpot? I read somewhere it can be done. BBQ doesn't have to be only in a smoker or on the grill
                      Crock pots are good for baked potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

I use my microwave for best bbq practices. Low and slow. I set the heat level at 2, turns it on for an hour and just walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

I use my microwave for best bbq practices. Low and slow. I set the heat level at 2, turns it on for an hour and just walk away.
                          <mind blown>

Comment

Working...
                          X