Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Conversation on BBQ

Recently a new BBQ restaurant opened in Houston called Pinkerton BBQ. The pitmaster was trained in the Austin area during the rise of places like Franklin BBQ and La Barbecue.

So help me god, this is the best Beef Rib I've ever had in my life.

http://www.houstonpress.com/restaura...rbecue-9154948

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjew21 View Post
      Recently a new BBQ restaurant opened in Houston called Pinkerton BBQ. The pitmaster was trained in the Austin area during the rise of places like Franklin BBQ and La Barbecue.

So help me god, this is the best Beef Rib I've ever had in my life.

http://www.houstonpress.com/restaura...rbecue-9154948
      They're all disciples of John Lewis. All hail the king!

Sounds good, though...I'll keep it in mind if I'm ever back in Houston

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post
          dammit...I didn't even think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

dammit...I didn't even think about it.
            I threw butthole/pumpkins to the wind and took a shot that no one else posted it. LOL

Comment

Good talk.

Comment

Southside Market in Bastrop, TX, is the best brisket I have ever had.

Comment

Crockpot "BBQ" isn't bad.

Comment

The best I've ever had was at this hole in the wall joint in Dallas called Records BBQ. I don't know if it is still standing, but it was a glorified shack with a counter. I've also been to places like Oklahoma Joes in KC(Which lived up to the hype), and Brushfire here in Tucson. I have one standing rule when it comes to a BBQ joint: If I walk in and say "This place is a shithole, but it smells legit", then odds are I'm going to leave with some good food. If a place is upscale looking, I tend to be suspicious of their BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by riker7 View Post
                      Southside Market in Bastrop, TX, is the best brisket I have ever had.
                      My uncle owns a bunch of land and businesses there. Cool town.

Comment

Originally posted by Canedude08 View Post
                        The best I've ever had was at this hole in the wall joint in Dallas called Records BBQ. I don't know if it is still standing, but it was a glorified shack with a counter. I've also been to places like Oklahoma Joes in KC(Which lived up to the hype), and Brushfire here in Tucson. I have one standing rule when it comes to a BBQ joint: If I walk in and say "This place is a shithole, but it smells legit", then odds are I'm going to leave with some good food. If a place is upscale looking, I tend to be suspicious of their BBQ.
                        IMO, the venue has nothing to do with it. That said, I've had great bbq in places I had to worry if the rain would collapse the ceiling and also in places I wouldn't be afraid to eat off the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by PokesBo
                          Crockpot "BBQ" isn't bad.

Honestly it isn't. It just pails in comparison to properly smoking your BBQ. I've crock potted ribs in pineapple juice and baked a "rub" of brown sugar and coconut to finish them. I'm sure it's heresy to say this but they were pretty solid by my lesser Northern standards.

Cue replies of disgust.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Honestly it isn't. It just pails in comparison to properly smoking your BBQ. I've crock potted ribs in pineapple juice and baked a "rub" of brown sugar and coconut to finish them. I'm sure it's heresy to say this but they were pretty solid by my lesser Northern standards.

Cue replies of disgust.
                            I'm not going to give you a reply of disgust....just going to clarify.

The very definition of BBQ is coking stuff over an open flame. It's a noun. It's a verb.

Throwing shit into a non-flame sourced heating element with the goal of slow cooking is just slow cooking with BBQ seasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael

I'm not going to give you a reply of disgust....just going to clarify.

The very definition of BBQ is coking stuff over an open flame. It's a noun. It's a verb.

Throwing shit into a non-flame sourced heating element with the goal of slow cooking is just slow cooking with BBQ seasoning.

Fair, honestly I didn't know that was the definition so the hatred of "BBQ" crockpot is based on logic not snobbery. So I cooked them didn't BBQ them.

I feel enlightened now.

Comment

Working...
                              X