Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JTrain View Post
    Poster worldofx I noticed on the twitters that a bunch of people are crying because the actors of the new Star Wars trilogy were saying how happy they were that Abrams was back, and there was some shade thrown at Rian...question, is that a hill people should really be willing to die on given how fucking awful Episode 8 was?

You already decided if you are gonna' love it or hate it...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

You already decided if you are gonna' love it or hate it...

Whether I love or hate it, I'm not paying to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ibleed View Post

From what I'm reading.... JJ might be telling Rian to hold his beer.

Episode 9 is looking like it will be a fucking disaster.
        We have to kill the past even it means asking people to pay to watch us beat it to death over and over and over and over...

Comment

• Originally posted by riker7 View Post

Whether I love or hate it, I'm not paying to see it.
          Since I'm overseas, I likely won't either...I'll wait for some shitty Russian cam copy to hit and we'll likely watch in the office.

Comment

Since I'm overseas, I likely won't either...I'll wait for some shitty Russian cam copy to hit and we'll likely watch in the office.
            The last one was bad and not because of the actors. It wasn't a good story. The fight choreography was a joke. I am also troubled that the creators didn't know where this was going when they started. As much shit as the prequel gets, at least George Lucas told the story he wanted to tell from beginning to end.

Comment

• Originally posted by riker7 View Post

We have to kill the past even it means asking people to pay to watch us beat it to death over and over and over and over...
              We have to kill the past..... even if we have to bring it back from the dead and kill it again

Comment

I have an old friend I used to bootleg DVDs with a long time ago but still keep in touch with. He still occasionally pushes over a screener file of movies every now and then, usually a week or so before thwy drop to the reviewers.

He offered me a screener for this one... my exact response was... "HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Comment

• Originally posted by JTrain View Post
                  Poster worldofx I noticed on the twitters that a bunch of people are crying because the actors of the new Star Wars trilogy were saying how happy they were that Abrams was back, and there was some shade thrown at Rian...question, is that a hill people should really be willing to die on given how fucking awful Episode 8 was?

The intense backlash from the fanbase has caused a lot people to double down on defending Rian and Last Jedi even more. It's one of those situations when I don't think anybody is really being honest anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post

The intense backlash from the fanbase has caused a lot people to double down on defending Rian and Last Jedi even more. It's one of those situations when I don't think anybody is really being honest anymore.
                    See, I didn't even come at Episode 8 from the standpoint of "does this fit the series..." To me it was just a bad movie in general. I was perfectly fine with Episode 7, but 8 was a wreck, and I think anyone who is being honest about it would feel similarly. I dont get it...seems like an odd thing for folks to be defending so vigorously.

Comment

Working...
                    X