Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by riker7 View Post
    The plot is driven by stupid people continually doing stupid things.
    It’s like life imitates art.

Comment

• Btw, has anyone heard from poster worldofx. He hasn't posted anything since the 5th. When do we do a wellness check?

Comment

• Originally posted by JTrain View Post
        Btw, has anyone heard from poster worldofx. He hasn't posted anything since the 5th. When do we do a wellness check?
        He has chained himself to a theater door and is refusing to leave.

Comment

Btw, has anyone heard from poster worldofx. He hasn't posted anything since the 5th. When do we do a wellness check?
          He died doing a one man performance of Lala Land

Comment

• 1917 (B) It was a decent movie. The camera shot stuff and the effects/sets were terrific. The movie/story itself was alright. Acting was subpar. Like every WWI/WWII movie, German prisoners are NOT to be trusted.

Sometimes the Japanese can be saved. Germans? Give em the Spiers treatment and move on with it.

Comment

I'm alright. I have anxiety issues so I'm trying to stay offline during this time as much as possible. But I am watching a lot of movies and logging them on my LB page - https://letterboxd.com/worldofx/.

I usually only post reviews of new films but since there won't be any of those for a while I guess I'll start branching out for the sake of keeping this thread active.

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post

I'm alright. I have anxiety issues so I'm trying to stay offline during this time as much as possible. But I am watching a lot of movies and logging them on my LB page - https://letterboxd.com/worldofx/.

I usually only post reviews of new films but since there won't be any of those for a while I guess I'll start branching out for the sake of keeping this thread active.
                Hang in there worldo. I've had some days of nasty anxiety with all this stuff too so I get it. Staying off Twitter and not watching news helps.

Not a movie, but Altered Carbon season 2 was pretty dope.

What are some good 2020 movies to look forward to?

Comment

• Originally posted by worldofx View Post

Gotcha buddy, was just checking on ya. Any netflix, hulu, amazon suggestions while we are all shut down?

Comment

• Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Hang in there worldo. I've had some days of nasty anxiety with all this stuff too so I get it. Staying off Twitter and not watching news helps.

Not a movie, but Altered Carbon season 2 was pretty dope.

What are some good 2020 movies to look forward to?

CBD Oil has temporarily saved my sleep cycle.

It's hard to say what's even coming out this year. Cannes is already postponed and if the virus isn't contained in a few months the fall festivals are in jeopardy too. Production of films that were on track to release this year have all been shut down and the major summer tentpoles that were in post-production are probably going to get pushed to the fall, so this year's schedule will probably be heavily backloaded into October-December.

For now these are some films still on track to come out this year.

Dune (dir. Denis Villeneuve)
                    Tenet (dir. Christopher Nolan)
                    Last Night in Soho (dir. Edgar Wright)
                    After Yang (dir. Kogonada)
                    Annette (dir. Leos Carax)
                    I'm Thinking of Ending Things (dir. Charlie Kaufman)
                    The French Dispatch (dir. Wes Anderson)
                    Next Goal Wins (dir. Taika Waititi)
                    On the Rocks (dir. Sofia Coppola)
                    Mank (dir. David Fincher)
                    Da 5 Bloods (dir. Spike Lee)
                    The Trial of the Chicago 7 (dir. Aaron Sorkin)
                    News of the World (dir. Paul Greengrass)
                    The Eternals (dir. Chloe Zhao)
                    West Side Story (dir. Steven Spielberg)

Comment

• Oh damn I forgot about the Dune movie. Hope it's executed better this time.

Comment

• Back to School is on.

The blonde teacher lady goes on a date with Rodney Dangerfield, they come back to her place where her boyfriend is sitting outside, they go in her house and bang and the next day she’s back with the stiff professor.

I don’t know about you but I’d have a problem if my girlfriend was going out and banging other guys but I guess the 80s were different.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                          Back to School is on.

The blonde teacher lady goes on a date with Rodney Dangerfield, they come back to her place where her boyfriend is sitting outside, they go in her house and bang and the next day she’s back with the stiff professor.

I don’t know about you but I’d have a problem if my girlfriend was going out and banging other guys but I guess the 80s were different.
                          The example of this that really sticks in my mind is seeing Donald Sutherland's ass after he has spent the night with Karen Allen in Animal House.

Comment

• Originally posted by riker7 View Post

The example of this that really sticks in my mind is seeing Donald Sutherland's ass after he has spent the night with Karen Allen in Animal House.
                            Weirder was later in the movie where the younger Melon gets the girl whose only interaction he had with was talking to her at registration, class, inviting her to a party, getting blackout drunk and punching her bf.....so before they have their first kiss they share they love each other.

Comment

• Saw Richard Jewell last night. They did a great job recreating 96 Atlanta. I drove by the set going to a game last year and they did a good job of recreating it but making it on a much smaller scale.

The portrayal of the passed on ajc reporter being a slut was a bit of some creative licensing.

Richard Jewell himself got quite annoying. I can still remember the apartments he and his mom lived at off Buford highway.

Comment

• I am finally watching Rise of the Last of the Skywalkers Part 27. If I had seen this in the theater I would have probably walked out after reading the opening crawl.

Comment

Working...
                                X