Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If anyone's feeling some 80's Nostalgia, I found the Amazon Prime Video show Red Oaks.

It's pretty good. Just binged the first season

Gage Golightly -

Comment

• My dynasty league roster heading into the season.

Very proud of what I've built considering it's a hardcore 20-team league.

QB Justin Herbert, JR, Oregon
      QB J.T. Daniels, FR, USC
      QB Jacob Eason, JR, Washington
      QB Jack Sears, rFR, USC
      QB Zach Wilson, FR, BYU
      QB Cammon Cooper, FR, Washington State

RB Travis Etienne, SO, Clemson
      RB Malik Davis, SO, Florida
      RB Greg Bell, JR, Nebraska
      RB Chris Evans, JR, Michigan
      RB Khalil Herbert, JR, Kansas
      RB Mike Epstein, SO, Illinois
      RB J.J. Taylor, SO, Arizona
      RB Salvon Ahmed, SO, Washington
      RB Michael Carter, SO, North Carolina
      RB C.J. Verdell, rFR, Oregon
      RB Chuba Hubbard, rFR, Oklahoma State
      RB Max Borghi, FR, Washington State
      RB Lyn-J Dixon, FR, Clemson
      RB Bryce Williams, FR, Minnesota
      RB Marcelias Sutton, SR, Oklahoma
      RB Amir Rasul, JR, Florida State
      ​​​​​​​RB Sean McGrew, SO, Washington
      RB Travis Dye, FR, Oregon
      RB Martell Irby, FR, UCLA
      RB Elijah Collins, FR, Michigan State
      RB Deion Smith, FR, Colorado
      RB Johnny Adams, FR, California

WR Theo Howard, JR, UCLA
      WR Michael Pittman, JR, USC
      WR Amon-Ra St. Brown, FR, USC
      WR Connor Wedington, SO, Stanford
      WR Tamorrion Terry, rFR, Florida State

DL Jeffery Simmons, JR, Mississippi State
      DL Dre'Mont Jones, JR, Ohio State
      DL McTelvin Agim, JR, Arkansas
      DL Leki Fotu, JR, Utah
      DL Jay Tufele, rFR, USC

LB Joe Bachie, JR, Michigan State
      LB Jordan Jones, SR, Kentucky
      LB Joey Alfieri, SR, Stanford
      LB Josh Ross, SO, Michigan
      LB Ale Kaho, FR, Alabama
      LB Kana'i Mauga, FR, USC

DB D'Cota Dixon, SR, Wisconsin
      DB Grant Delpit, SO, LSU
      DB Darnay Holmes, SO, UCLA
      DB Deommodore Lenoir, SO, Oregon
      DB Kary Vincent, SO, LSU
      DB Jevon Holland, FR, Oregon
      DB Isaac Taylor-Stuart, FR, USC

Comment

• Paul Rudd forever

Comment

• Doing the annual boys' football weekend with (more or less) the same group for the last 15 years. I've had to miss trips in the past few years, like to Texas A&M and Ole Miss, because they ended up being early Saturday kickoffs and I work until at least midnight on Fridays (I was lucky enough that our game at Kentucky was a night kick and I got an early Saturday morning flight, or I would've missed that one, too). This year, we decided to make it a home game. Rented a house for our group of eight, with guys coming in from Boston, D.C., etc. Naturally, I had to work late, but it was nice to be able to make the hour drive up here – except everyone raged too hard and was already passed out by the time I was trying to get into the goddamn house

We've got the noon kick tomorrow, and apparently our wakeup time is five hours from now. One of our buddies works in politics and knows very important people and blah, blah, blah, so we're invited to the new university president's tailgate first thing in the morning, then we're going to some ritzy party in a Cockaboose (in short, an old train car that rich people throw parties in). All before a noon kickoff, with a high of 60 and 100 percent chance of rain, with the fucking state fair in town. It is going to be a shitshow.

Comment

• Needless to say, I'm on my third Basil Hayden's since I got in the door.

Comment

• Prayers sent.

Comment

• The Cockaboose Railroad is the coolest tailgating setup I have ever seen.

Comment

• I just learned that Kirsten Dunst has a child by Jesse Plemons. W. T. F.

Comment

• Is poster Gyle alive?

Comment

• I survived. I was up until 5 a.m. Saturday drinking Basil Hayden's, so the early wake-up call was not awesome.

President's tailgate was cool. Free food and free booze with rich people. Spent just a few minutes inside/on top of a Cockaboose, which was cramped as hell but a lot of fun. More free food and free booze with rich people. We got free sideline passes that were good up until kickoff, but we ended up getting to see the first drive before heading up to our (luckily) covered seats. Left the game once it started getting ugly, walked up to an old favorite hangout spot for spicy fried cauliflower, pimento cheese fries and pitchers of Bell's Two Hearted (guess which of those three I ordered). One of my old roommates truly embraced the throwback spirit of the weekend (we walked by the house we lived in 11 years ago) by ordering a Smirnoff Ice for a buddy at another table.

From there we went to some hipster barbecue place, where we ordered damn near everything on the menu. I had a shitty Clown Shoes double IPA called Space Cake, then off to a friend's apartment for some High West A Midwinter Nights Dram, Terrapin Salted Caramel Imperial Moo-Hoo and Tropicalia. Rode back to the house at halftime of the Tennessee-Alabama game, ordered a pizza and got back into some Weller Special Reserve while cursing the Astros.

Walked down to some hipster public house type place for Bell's Two Hearted and steak and egg tacos while watching shitty NFL games. Went back to the house to pack up (only two of eight were staying tonight), and since I was driving while everyone else was flying they told me to just take home the liquids they purchased that couldn't go in a carry-on. So I walked out with most of a case of Yuengling, a bottle of some type of scotch, a bottle of some type of rum, the Weller plus a four-pack of some brand of New England IPAs that are getting all kinds of hype these days – Trillium, maybe?

Got home and went with the lady to the fair so I could spend entirely too much money trying to pop enough balloons with darts to win a stuffed llama. And god dammit, that's exactly what I did.

It was a good weekend. The plan for next year is to make the return trip to LSU.

Comment

• Equilibrium, not Trillium. I'll hopefully start getting into those later tonight to see what the hype is all about.

Comment

• If you need to get rid of that Weller, just ship it up to me.

Had a little too much of the Old Antique 107 Friday and I'm still paying for it today.

Comment

• That Antique 107 is really good – and I remember it being not very easy to get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gyle View Post
                              That Antique 107 is really good – and I remember it being not very easy to get.
                              Yeah. At a random bar in Columbus after the CBJ-Bruins Game 4 playoff game this year, this girl I went to the game with and I asked how much a shot was. After being told $15, drunken Boomie asked the bartender if they would be willing to sell me an entire bottle instead. She went and got her manager who said he could sell us each a bottle for $50 each.

Took about .25 seconds to take him up on the offer

Comment

• Originally posted by boomie View Post

Yeah. At a random bar in Columbus after the CBJ-Bruins Game 4 playoff game this year, this girl I went to the game with and I asked how much a shot was. After being told $15, drunken Boomie asked the bartender if they would be willing to sell me an entire bottle instead. She went and got her manager who said he could sell us each a bottle for $50 each.

Took about .25 seconds to take him up on the offer
                                Drunken Boomie is a goddamn genius

Comment

Working...
                                X