Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Donde esta the beer thread?

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Things I've had that were fantastic over the last few months:


    Parish-Attacus Atlas (This shit is fucking amazing)
    Clown Shoes- Eagle Claw Fist
    Prairie- Screen Shot
    Southern Prohibition-Paradise Lost
    Pure Project-Marred by Dust
    Evil Twin-Molotov Cocktail
    Crying Eagle-Things Unsettled


    I'm sure I've missed a few, but damn the shit I mentioned above is good.

    Comment


    • Molotov Cocktail was my opening beer during a 14-hour drinking Saturday back in 2016. Ordered it just shy of noon as we awaited South Carolina's game against UMass (LMFAO), and it set things in motion pretty quickly.

      Comment


      • I’ve just had local stuff lately. Read something crazy where like 10 years ago, Atlanta only had like four breweries. There’s like 40 now and lots of them brew great stuff.

        I still see kbs sitting on shelves. I wonder how hop slam will do this year.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
          I’ve just had local stuff lately. Read something crazy where like 10 years ago, Atlanta only had like four breweries. There’s like 40 now and lots of them brew great stuff.

          I still see kbs sitting on shelves. I wonder how hop slam will do this year.
          I’ll skip hopslam. I will get some nugget nectar though.

          But same. I’m 99% local now.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

            I’ll skip hopslam. I will get some nugget nectar though.

            But same. I’m 99% local now.
            We are getting these random small shipments from some larger brewers but it’s often 16 buck 4 packs of some weird hit or miss stuff or some popular stuff that sells out in ten minutes but yeah, it’s pretty much local at this point.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post

              I’ll skip hopslam. I will get some nugget nectar though.

              But same. I’m 99% local now.
              I picked up a few CBS bottles the other day. But yeah... the local stuff is almost always better. One of our breweries does a ghost pepper stout that is terrific.

              Comment


              • I stopped by big beer store to get something to sip on while watching tonight. I was in the mood for a brown ale or bitter or maybe even a Marzen.

                These beers barely exist with American breweries. A simple brown ale seems like something that would be in the rotation but I could literally only find one and it was dated for last summer. I love a NE Milkshare IPA or weird barrel aged stout as much as anyone but we need some kind of happy space. Every small brewery in Atlanta will copy each other and now we're stuck with shelf turds because not everyone is in the mood to buy a 15 dollar 4 pack every visit to the store.

                All I'm saying is bring back some damn easy drinking brown ales.

                Comment


                • I saw some HopSlam today. I bought it. They even had the mini kegs of it.

                  I didn’t buy any of the founders stuff last year so what’s one 6 pack?

                  Comment


                  • I’ve got a bunch of Hill farmstead stuff in my fridge right now. Life is good.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                      I saw some HopSlam today. I bought it. They even had the mini kegs of it.

                      I didn’t buy any of the founders stuff last year so what’s one 6 pack?
                      Hopefully it ends up back on tap at our local taproom so I can just drink my one for the year. I love the Bell's mini kegs, though.

                      Comment


                      • Allagash/Creature Comfort made a Belgian ipa. It is good.

                        Comment


                        • Local store has the mini kegs of Hopslam for $40. Not bad. Little man’s birthday next weekend so might go snag one for shits and giggles.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Foster4Prez View Post
                            Local store has the mini kegs of Hopslam for $40. Not bad. Little man’s birthday next weekend so might go snag one for shits and giggles.
                            Think he can finish it by himself?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gyle View Post

                              Think he can finish it by himself?
                              With the hop slam being at 10%, that’d be like drinking 30 bud lights? I don’t remember how big those kegs are.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X