X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
    So there are neolibs in Wyoming virtue signalling in favor of ICE cars? I think you meant tobsay neocons but you hate the left so much you wrote neolibs.

But you're a fucking idiot. None of the US cities are designed for walking and public transport except NYC and SF.
    Yeah, basically like that.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Albuquerque police on Monday arrested the man they say is the “mastermind” behind a recent string of shootings targeting Democratic lawmakers’ homes.

The suspect, Solomon Pena, is a Republican who unsuccessfully ran for office in November, has made repeated claims that the election was rigged and appears to have attended the Jan. 6, 2021, riot in Washington, D.C.

Around 3 p.m. APD’s SWAT team swarmed a condominium complex near the ABQ BioPark Zoo to execute a search warrant. They made announcements for Pena — who they said may be armed with a firearm — to surrender as drones flew overhead.

Within an hour officers had arrested Pena, who is accused of paying four men to shoot at the homes of two county commissioners and two state legislators, Police Chief Harold Medina announced Monday evening. Investigators also believe Pena was present for at least one of the shootings.
    https://www.abqjournal.com/2565117/s...ans-homes.html

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spartan View Post

I'd prefer heavy investment into commuter rail and walkable cities. Cars are really inefficient and gave rise to a suburban culture that led to alienation of people from their communities. I just think that it's funny that Wyoming is virtue signaling in favor of ICE cars in a way that is clearly a reaction to California phasing out gas powered cars by 2035. It's all just a game for these neolibs. They're only interested in making sure no changes for the better can enter the public discourse.
    So there are neolibs in Wyoming virtue signalling in favor of ICE cars? I think you meant tobsay neocons but you hate the left so much you wrote neolibs.

But you're a fucking idiot. None of the US cities are designed for walking and public transport except NYC and SF.
    Last edited by sctrojan; 01-15-2023, 11:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• daCat
    replied

I'd prefer heavy investment into commuter rail and walkable cities. Cars are really inefficient and gave rise to a suburban culture that led to alienation of people from their communities. I just think that it's funny that Wyoming is virtue signaling in favor of ICE cars in a way that is clearly a reaction to California phasing out gas powered cars by 2035. It's all just a game for these neolibs. They're only interested in making sure no changes for the better can enter the public discourse.
    That's one way to look at it.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Aren't EV's pretty much DOA? We don't have the resources we need to produce enough cars and/or mass transit for everyone that runs on electric power, so either someone goes without, or someone uses an alternative.

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied
    Wyoming is looking to phase out new electric vehicle sales by 2035 to support the oil and gas industry.

https://wyoleg.gov/Legislation/2023/SJ0004
    Aren't EV's pretty much DOA? We don't have the resources we need to produce enough cars and/or mass transit for everyone that runs on electric power, so either someone goes without, or someone uses an alternative.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Wyoming is looking to phase out new electric vehicle sales by 2035 to support the oil and gas industry.

https://wyoleg.gov/Legislation/2023/SJ0004

Leave a comment:

• FuqMizzou
    replied

Imagine living in Missouri. Woof.

At least we have pretty landscapes.
    Imagine living in Arkansas. I still remember driving back from Florida and crossing over from Arkansas to Missouri, I thought I was going from Iraq to Dubai.

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/13/polit...use/index.html

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bare Arms, shall not be infringed.
    Imagine living in Missouri. Woof.

At least we have pretty landscapes.

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Lawmakers in the Missouri House of Representatives this week adopted a stricter dress code for women as part of a new rules package, and now requires them to cover their shoulders by wearing a jacket like a blazer, cardigan or knit blazer.

The addition, which was proposed by Republican state Rep. Ann Kelley, sparked outrage from some Democrats who said the change was sexist because the dress code for men was not altered.
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/13/polit...use/index.html

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bare Arms, shall not be infringed.
    Last edited by Spartan; 01-14-2023, 08:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deschet
    replied
    Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
    My god this Kari Lake is insane and the Repubs are unhinged

Republicans plan to sue Gov. Katie Hobbs for being against discrimination
    These folks are beyond stupid. Just utterly stupid. Their logic is stupid. All of it… just so fucking stupid.

Leave a comment:

• sctrojan
    replied
    My god this Kari Lake is insane and the Repubs are unhinged

Republicans plan to sue Gov. Katie Hobbs for being against discrimination

Leave a comment:

• Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by DPR View Post

I consider racism to be much worse than race-baiting. I have long held that the Democratic Party is a fairly useless party that sucks. I vote for them because they largely mean well. Republicans cannot be bothered to mean well.

Take the "fair tax" that they are pushing. That's going to make already-expensive food even more expensive by slapping a fucking 30% VAT on it. A massive cut to the rich and a spike for the poor.

So I support Democrats in the hopes that they fend off the insanity of the GOP and hopefully get some stuff done. Small advancements are better than catastrophic setbacks.

I guess, if you want to pin me down on something, its that I'm probably more cynical than you. I already accepted that this county won't do the right thing. We have too much friction and too strong of headwinds to make any meaningful progress. So I'll take small victories because those are better than the bullshit Republicans propose. In an ideal world, we wouldn't have either party. But that just isn't the case.
    Maybe Democrats can use their well meaning to prevent Republican insanity from doing things like preventing workers from striking over being denied sick leave or being on call - not in paid status - 140 hours a week. You know, since Democrats mean so well.

Leave a comment:

• tOSUfanboi2
    replied
    Originally posted by DPR View Post

I consider racism to be much worse than race-baiting. I have long held that the Democratic Party is a fairly useless party that sucks. I vote for them because they largely mean well. Republicans cannot be bothered to mean well.

Take the "fair tax" that they are pushing. That's going to make already-expensive food even more expensive by slapping a fucking 30% VAT on it. A massive cut to the rich and a spike for the poor.

So I support Democrats in the hopes that they fend off the insanity of the GOP and hopefully get some stuff done. Small advancements are better than catastrophic setbacks.

I guess, if you want to pin me down on something, its that I'm probably more cynical than you. I already accepted that this county won't do the right thing. We have too much friction and too strong of headwinds to make any meaningful progress. So I'll take small victories because those are better than the bullshit Republicans propose. In an ideal world, we wouldn't have either party. But that just isn't the case.
    Race-baiting leads to billions of dollars being diverted to useless HR horse shit, special positions at institutions, and God knows what else. Ohio State for example has something like 130 people working for them in diversity, inclusion, and equity, with many of these people making six figures and department heads making 200+. For fucking nothing. Now expand that out to every university, government office, corporation, and seemingly every other thing in existence and you have a multi-billion-dollar cottage industry centered around creating and fostering resentment.

If we were to suddenly decide to get along and racism were eliminated, that entire industry would vanish and tens of thousands of people that have devoted their life to this shit will be permanently out of work. I don't say all of this to say that their "stated mission" is bad, because I don't think it is, I'm just recognizing a corrupt cartel that exists to siphon money when I see one. It's also been my personal experience that unifying people is very easy in practice and does not require a large budget or oppressive management. People evolved to cooperate for mutual benefit, and if you can focus on that and drown out the noise, you're going to have one hell of an organization. I know, I've been a part of one.

I think you're probably right about the cynicism. I appreciate the explanation.

Leave a comment:

• DPR
    replied

It blows my mind that you’re able to see this so clearly with the GOP, but your brain just locks up when it comes to the Democrats. Are you really so fucked in the head that you’ve accepted being eaten last as your best option?

There is zero, and I mean absolutely zero difference between the Democratic Party’s race baiting and the Republican party’s infatuation with racism. They are both purpose built, tried and true strategies for dividing the working class and keeping people poor. You will never unify a country by saying half of it is stupid and evil. Their methods vary, but the result is always the same.

So seriously, what’s your fucking problem?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X