Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 midterms

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
    All the smash and grab happening in our cities is being done by black and latino kids. I'm sorry the videos prove the facts.

    Stop doing the crime and in turn black fucks stop getting labelled as Super Predators
    You're the kind of guy who would start eating bugs if you saw some ads disguised as news segments about how popular and healthy it is, aren't you?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
      Tough on crime is always a winner policy.
      For stupid ass suburbanites who’s only interaction with the city they claim to be from is going to a baseball game and what they see on the news.

      And I say that as someone who thinks our DA goes too far in the opposite direction, and doesn’t prosecute enough gun crimes. Like I’m all about backing off prosecuting non violent crimes that don’t affect others but gun crimes should not be thrown out.

      Comment


      • Read that RCV thread Spartan linked and I think the author misses the mark, though it is surprisingly coherent for a right-wing flak.

        Yes, in that community, 40% of voters are very conservative and the rest are a mix of moderate Dems and Rs plus a chunk of progressives. He thinks that a conservative R should always win because they have 40%, a plurality.

        But if the other 60% hate that party with a passion, then that means a majority of voters don't want that party in power and are just differing on WHO should be in power. In this situation, a moderate Democrat winning is entirely representative of the district. He opposes this because...he wants the more conservative option. Bonus points for ignoring the cost-savings of this method as a conservative.

        Comment


        • https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...U1sZ9AYgk2iV3w

          LMFAO

          #1 Downtown Philadelphia isn’t a thing. This isn’t New York, where that guy lives part time.

          #2 We have a homeless population problem, like major major cities, because the country doesn’t fund to help them. Cites are made to deal with the consequences of societies problems while suburbanites take full advantage of the benefits of living by a city without paying for the problems of the city.

          #3 Shouldn’t a snake oil salesman have a cure for zomibism?

          #4 the last politician who talked shit on us ended up at a landscaping company in an industrial park next to a porn shop instead of the four season hotel. Tread carefully Oz.
          Last edited by ivegostdacityblues; 08-31-2022, 03:04 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
            https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...U1sZ9AYgk2iV3w

            LMFAO

            #1 Downtown Philadelphia isn’t a thing. This isn’t New York, where that guy lives part time.

            #2 We have a homeless population problem, like major major cities, because the country doesn’t fund to help them. Cites are made to deal with the consequences of societies problems while suburbanites take full advantage of the benefits of living by a city without paying for the problems of the city.

            #3 Shouldn’t a snake oil salesman have a cure for zomibism?

            #4 the last politician who talked shit on us ended up at a landscaping company in an industrial park next to a porn shop instead of the four season hotel. Tread carefully Oz.
            At least it’s not Herschel Walker who legit struggles to speak English. He makes Tuberville looks like a Mensa member.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

              At least it’s not Herschel Walker who legit struggles to speak English. He makes Tuberville looks like a Mensa member.

              Yea, he’s the worst of the bunch of Republican shitty candidates.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

                At least it’s not Herschel Walker who legit struggles to speak English. He makes Tuberville looks like a Mensa member.
                I crack up every time I hear people talking about Mensa. Like… if you qualified for your school’s gifted program, you could easily get into Mensa. It’s not the Promethian Society. Now… not Hershel Walker, mind you. He seems to have an IQ that’s just under 100 or so.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post


                  Yea, he’s the worst of the bunch of Republican shitty candidates.
                  Mastriano wants you to hold his beer, his pitchfork and his Klan hood for a second, as he challenges this idea.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post

                    At least it’s not Herschel Walker who legit struggles to speak English. He makes Tuberville looks like a Mensa member.
                    Electing Walker would be like electing a head of lettuce.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BChris View Post

                      Electing Walker would be like electing a head of lettuce.
                      Meh. A head of lettuce is too dense.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Deschet View Post

                        Mastriano wants you to hold his beer, his pitchfork and his Klan hood for a second, as he challenges this idea.

                        Fair, I was just thinking for national election. Mastriano winning affects me much more than any one senator.

                        Comment


                        • Democrat Mary Peltola has defeated Republican Sarah Palin in the special election for Alaska’s vacant House seat, a big upset over the former governor in the state’s first election under ranked-choice voting.

                          Whoopsie huh?

                          Comment


                          • Spartan got a live one for you,


                            Comment


                            • I was going to post that Cotton tweet. What a fucking dipshit.

                              RCV means you select your first option and then, if that option doesn't finish in the top 2, you get to select a 2nd option or not select anything at all. Seems pretty simple!

                              Meanwhile, the Electoral College requires each state to be allocated a set number of electors. Each state then holds an election and the plurality winner is awarded ALL of those electors (except Nebraska and Maine). This can result in the winning candidate receiving millions fewer votes than their opponent. Then 6 weeks after election day, those electors meet to vote as part of the "electoral college". This is the actual presidential election and your initial votes weren't for candidates but rather electors (who are sworn to vote for a specific candidate, but actually don't have to!). After the EC votes, then those votes are sent by mail to the Capitol building. On Jan 6, Congress receives these votes in old ass wooden boxes and manually counts them in a joint session of Congress. At any point, Congress can choose to reject these votes and pick their own president. This involves not a majority vote in the House chamber but rather each state has to have all of their delegation vote and then we tally those up with each state earning 1 vote regardless of population size. If no candidate gets 26, then whoever the Senate votes for VP will become president. If the Senate can't agree on a VP, then whoever the sitting House Speaker is becomes president.

                              Anyway, that's much more simplistic and representative than RCV. I'm Tom Cotton, and I'm a dick.

                              Comment


                              • Also, obligatory HAHA for Sarah Palin. She can still win the next election and get the full two year term, but losing to a fucking Democrat in what is supposed to be a favorable Republican year in god damn Alaska is really pulling a Mondale.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X