Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JTrain View Post

The only real problem with this is 74,216,747 people voted for Trump after seeing his first term. I agree his most loyal supporters are a loud minority, but if he ran again and got the Republican nom, I can guarantee around 74,216,747 people will vote for him again, and thats more dangerous than a Biden 2nd term. And that is saying something.
    Truth. 74million conspiracy theorists that like/accept being lied to.

Comment

• Originally posted by JTrain View Post

The only real problem with this is 74,216,747 people voted for Trump after seeing his first term. I agree his most loyal supporters are a loud minority, but if he ran again and got the Republican nom, I can guarantee around 74,216,747 people will vote for him again, and thats more dangerous than a Biden 2nd term. And that is saying something.
      He got 46.2% in 2016 and then 46.9% in 2020. If he ran again in 2024, he'd probably get 44-45% but only because I truly believe he's alienated every Democrat and independent voter plus a lot of moderate Rs. He also looks like absolute shit in recent pictures and it's only a matter of time before he can't mask his age with a gallon of bronzer every morning.

Worth noting that Trump getting 44% in 2024 would likely means he loses the election (thanks dumbass EC) but the bigger story would be that 44% of American voters saw his actions from Nov 7 thru Jan 6 and said "yeah, that's cool with me", which means 44% of American voters shouldn't be able to vote again.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

He got 46.2% in 2016 and then 46.9% in 2020. If he ran again in 2024, he'd probably get 44-45% but only because I truly believe he's alienated every Democrat and independent voter plus a lot of moderate Rs. He also looks like absolute shit in recent pictures and it's only a matter of time before he can't mask his age with a gallon of bronzer every morning.

Worth noting that Trump getting 44% in 2024 would likely means he loses the election (thanks dumbass EC) but the bigger story would be that 44% of American voters saw his actions from Nov 7 thru Jan 6 and said "yeah, that's cool with me", which means 44% of American voters shouldn't be able to vote again.
        Like… this really all that needs to be said about how utterly fucked we are as a nation. 70,000,000 of us would actually vote for this guy again, knowing full well that Round II would be even more disastrous.

Believe it or not, he did learn from his first term. His absolute biggest mistake was not getting “his people” in place sooner. Thousands of positions remained vacant for months, if not years. In 2024, his team already plans to fix this… starting with a massive purge. If Trump actually can achieve a surrounding infrastructure that is loyal to him before the Office of the President… that’s the stuff of dystopian nightmares.

tOSU spoke to the why at one point. We look at nations like Belarus with disgust, as their citizens seem awfully comfortable with autocracy. But, millions and millions of Americans are very nearly just as comfortable with autocracy, so long as they get something out of it.

And that’s what explains most of Trump’s support from politicians like MTG, Gëtz and Böbert. They’ve been taking advantage of Trump’s transactional nature. They play their part and he plays his. It’s mutually-beneficial and predicated on a quid pro quo. They have their agendas. Trump empowers them and others like them.

But, as scary as they are, they’re really the least of our worries. Because the end-game for these people — as mentioned before — is to fill the lower ranks with loyalists. Because, those are the people who make and enforce the rules of elections. This was another lesson that Trump learned. The power of the state-level Secretary of State. He assumed that Republican state houses would simply break the law in support of him. But, without compliant SoS in places like Georgia and Pennsylvania, his efforts were thwarted. And, he wants to fix this. It should frighten every one of us, to the extent that this is working.

His supporters are working to achieve a scenario in which Trump can lose both the popular voteand the Electoral College, and still win.

Comment

• Sorry, but we’re fucked if either one of these bums wins and anyone who thinks there’s a “good choice” between slow death and misery over bombastic destruction deserves these candidates. If Biden was your grandfather you’d put him in a nursery home, and if Trump was your uncle you’d want him to be committed. Expect better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Like… this really all that needs to be said about how utterly fucked we are as a nation. 70,000,000 of us would actually vote for this guy again, knowing full well that Round II would be even more disastrous.

Believe it or not, he did learn from his first term. His absolute biggest mistake was not getting “his people” in place sooner. Thousands of positions remained vacant for months, if not years. In 2024, his team already plans to fix this… starting with a massive purge. If Trump actually can achieve a surrounding infrastructure that is loyal to him before the Office of the President… that’s the stuff of dystopian nightmares.

tOSU spoke to the why at one point. We look at nations like Belarus with disgust, as their citizens seem awfully comfortable with autocracy. But, millions and millions of Americans are very nearly just as comfortable with autocracy, so long as they get something out of it.

And that’s what explains most of Trump’s support from politicians like MTG, Gëtz and Böbert. They’ve been taking advantage of Trump’s transactional nature. They play their part and he plays his. It’s mutually-beneficial and predicated on a quid pro quo. They have their agendas. Trump empowers them and others like them.

But, as scary as they are, they’re really the least of our worries. Because the end-game for these people — as mentioned before — is to fill the lower ranks with loyalists. Because, those are the people who make and enforce the rules of elections. This was another lesson that Trump learned. The power of the state-level Secretary of State. He assumed that Republican state houses would simply break the law in support of him. But, without compliant SoS in places like Georgia and Pennsylvania, his efforts were thwarted. And, he wants to fix this. It should frighten every one of us, to the extent that this is working.

His supporters are working to achieve a scenario in which Trump can lose both the popular voteand the Electoral College, and still win.
            Sounds like a play from the DNC playbook. Most all of our 3 letter agencies are already staffed at the highest ranks with Democrat loyalists.

But I still doubt Trump will win the nomination. But his chances are not hurt at all when people from the left keep calling people from the right Nazis or some similar shit. It's like they can't see how they are pushing them to his corner. By alienating half the population, his chances improve.

You can't keep demonizing people and expect them to have any faith in anything you say.

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

Sounds like a play from the DNC playbook. Most all of our 3 letter agencies are already staffed at the highest ranks with Democrat loyalists.

But I still doubt Trump will win the nomination. But his chances are not hurt at all when people from the left keep calling people from the right Nazis or some similar shit. It's like they can't see how they are pushing them to his corner. By alienating half the population, his chances improve.

You can't keep demonizing people and expect them to have any faith in anything you say.
              I don’t believe I demonize people not worthy of being demonized. If they’re a White or Christian Nationalist, an insurrectionist, or what have you, they deserve to be demonized.

And, the other side of your coin is for Republicans being brave enough to call these folks in their own party out. Because, there are lots of Republicans who look the other way because they want their votes.

Have the courage to tell them that you don’t want their vote. I don’t think most people who self-identify as Republicans are Nazis. But, so long as Republicans have them within their ranks, and choose to pretend they’re not there, I don’t wholly trust them.

Comment

I don’t believe I demonize people not worthy of being demonized. If they’re a White or Christian Nationalist, an insurrectionist, or what have you, they deserve to be demonized.

And, the other side of your coin is for Republicans being brave enough to call these folks in their own party out. Because, there are lots of Republicans who look the other way because they want their votes.

Have the courage to tell them that you don’t want their vote. I don’t think most people who self-identify as Republicans are Nazis. But, so long as Republicans have them within their ranks, and choose to pretend they’re not there, I don’t wholly trust them.
                Those 70,000,000 people you chastise for voting for "the other side" are vastly represented by people who are tired of elitist rule controlled by oligarchs. Trump speaks to them, however disingenuously. While the other 70,000,000 seem to be comfortable with continuation of the same. I believe that, deep down, most people want to left alone and allowed to live and prosper. Yet it also feels like many people do not realize just how oppressive our current government is. Maybe don't realize that corporate media of all stripes are merely selling us a bill of goods to keep us at odds and thusly failing to recognize the true nature of the beast. That our politicians are working for the interests of the few while tossing us tidbits from time to time while steadily choking us to death.

The real problem isn't ideological. Ideology is merely a smokescreen to mask subjugation. The battle lines are artificial. But the masses are caught in the trap, convinced there are "sides". Nothing will change until we can move past this.

Comment

You’re either with us, or the terrorists.

I can see why you liked Bush now.

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

You’re either with us, or the terrorists.

I can see why you liked Bush now.
                    I was generally not a fan of Bush. I don’t think he was evil. But, I opposed many of his policies. Not sure where you’re going with this or how you got there.

Comment

I was generally not a fan of Bush. I don’t think he was evil. But, I opposed many of his policies. Not sure where you’re going with this or how you got there.
                      I’m just recalling you simping for him during his resurrection tour a few years back. And the fact that you don’t think that a man who’s directly responsible for over a million deaths isn’t evil says a lot about your perspective. Stay golden, pony boy. Dictators need people like you.

Comment

I’m just recalling you simping for him during his resurrection tour a few years back. And the fact that you don’t think that a man who’s directly responsible for over a million deaths isn’t evil says a lot about your perspective. Stay golden, pony boy. Dictators need people like you.
                        I’m not convinced he was in control of his administration.

Comment

I’m not convinced he was in control of his administration.
                          Interesting. So let’s say someone runs a company that makes aspirin and the guy who directly reports to them as your second in command starts poisoning the supply. They see the death toll rise, the connections are being made in the news, and they start to feel the heat. Then they double down, say their aspirin is the best shit ever and that your second is a genius, and produce even more poisonous aspirin. Then you do that for another 4 years, all the while avoiding legal action because you’re too rich and powerful to face consequences.

What would you think of that person?

Comment

Interesting. So let’s say someone runs a company that makes aspirin and the guy who directly reports to them as your second in command starts poisoning the supply. They see the death toll rise, the connections are being made in the news, and they start to feel the heat. Then they double down, say their aspirin is the best shit ever and that your second is a genius, and produce even more poisonous aspirin. Then you do that for another 4 years, all the while avoiding legal action because you’re too rich and powerful to face consequences.

What would you think of that person?
                            I get your point. The buck stops here. I suppose I define evil a bit differently. There’s really only one President who I find evil since the dawn of the 20th Century. I don’t even think Nixon as being evil.

Comment

I get your point. The buck stops here. I suppose I define evil a bit differently. There’s really only one President who I find evil since the dawn of the 20th Century. I don’t even think Nixon as being evil.
                              Gotta be Trump, right? I mean his followers took over the Capitol for a whole four hours that one time. What’s a million Iraqi (mostly civilian) bodies next to a heinous crime like that?

Comment

Gotta be Trump, right? I mean his followers took over the Capitol for a whole four hours that one time. What’s a million Iraqi (mostly civilian) bodies next to a heinous crime like that?
                                I was against the Iraq invasion from the get go. I’ve been fairly consistent on this.

Comment

Working...
                                X