X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 midterms

Might as well start a thread for it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sit...084105411.html

GOP probably going to make some gains, but LOL at Trump kneecapping their fundraising abilities for his own campaign in 2024. If Dems somehow manage to keep the Senate, or only suffer modest losses that they can recoup in 2024, it'll almost certainly be thanks to Trump's selfishness.

Seriously what retards donated 110 million to that fucking idiot?

You can't make this stuff up

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

When you donate to him it does 5X IMPACT per dollar you donate. Where else can you get that ROI?

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Analysis: Trump is a fundraising giant but his miserly spending raises questions

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/tru...ns-2022-03-22/

Comment

Well, Biden did the Dems no favors, so its hard to see a path where they maintain an advantage. They also have to start serious discussions with him about not running for reelection. The likelihood of him winning a 2nd term at this point cannot be very high.

Comment

Originally posted by JTrain View Post
            Well, Biden did the Dems no favors, so its hard to see a path where they maintain an advantage. They also have to start serious discussions with him about not running for reelection. The likelihood of him winning a 2nd term at this point cannot be very high.
            Dems are gonna Dem, which means they are going to do about 15% of what they promised they'd do and then act stunned when turnout plummets in the midterms.

I vote for Democrats because they are a lot better than Republicans, who are just full-on fascist at this point, but I will say they are full of some of the most chickenshit politicians in the world who fundamentally don't understand the fight they are up against on the right. Or they do and aren't willing to have the fight. Clarence Thomas is openly campaigning with GOP senate candidates and refused to recuse himself on a case involving possible criminality by his wife and Democrats just sit there and go "now Clarence, please don't do that again".

It's going to be lit when he authors the majority opinion destroying Roe and criminalizing abortion in this country. Democrats are going to write some stern "I stand with women" tweets, sponsor legislation to legalize abortion nationwide, watch as it stalls out in the Senate, throw up their hands and say "welp, whaddya gonna do?" and then send out fundraising emails to "keep the Senate" so that they can continue doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Dems are gonna Dem, which means they are going to do about 15% of what they promised they'd do and then act stunned when turnout plummets in the midterms.

I vote for Democrats because they are a lot better than Republicans, who are just full-on fascist at this point, but I will say they are full of some of the most chickenshit politicians in the world who fundamentally don't understand the fight they are up against on the right. Or they do and aren't willing to have the fight. Clarence Thomas is openly campaigning with GOP senate candidates and refused to recuse himself on a case involving possible criminality by his wife and Democrats just sit there and go "now Clarence, please don't do that again".

It's going to be lit when he authors the majority opinion destroying Roe and criminalizing abortion in this country. Democrats are going to write some stern "I stand with women" tweets, sponsor legislation to legalize abortion nationwide, watch as it stalls out in the Senate, throw up their hands and say "welp, whaddya gonna do?" and then send out fundraising emails to "keep the Senate" so that they can continue doing nothing.
              I'm sorry you had to find out this way.

Comment

Trump endorsed Dr. Oz for the PA Republican primary in the open senate seat race. That should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                  Trump endorsed Dr. Oz for the PA Republican primary in the open senate seat race. That should be fun.
                  At some point, Oprah needs to be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post
                    Yup. Oz is, by most conservative standards, a flawed candidate. He’s all over the place. He has some Trumpy things. He has some non-Trumpy things. He has taken outright liberal stances.

But, all Trump needed was that he was a popular television personality. That’s it. That’s all he needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

I'm sorry you had to find out this way.
                      I'll admit to being way too bullish on Democrats. I'll still vote for them this fall because Republicans are fucking insane, but I would be 100% okay with 90% of the Democratic caucus getting primary'd.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Yup. Oz is, by most conservative standards, a flawed candidate. He’s all over the place. He has some Trumpy things. He has some non-Trumpy things. He has taken outright liberal stances.

But, all Trump needed was that he was a popular television personality. That’s it. That’s all he needed.
                        None of that matters though. As long as he supports Mitch for majority leader, none of the rest matters. Because even if he'd be a flippable vote for Democrats on some legislation, it won't matter when that legislation is never brought to a vote and dies in Mitch's desk.

Comment

None of that matters though. As long as he supports Mitch for majority leader, none of the rest matters. Because even if he'd be a flippable vote for Democrats on some legislation, it won't matter when that legislation is never brought to a vote and dies in Mitch's desk.
                          Oh. I know. I guess I’m continually amazed by how shallow Trump is. In Trump’s mind, famous people are simply better than those who aren’t. And, famous people who say nice things about him matter more.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/leading-i...153550871.html

Republicans successfully sue to block the top Democrat from being able to run for the Senate race this fall. It looks like past candidates of both parties have been given flexibility in the requirements but they magically got to be sticklers with one of the few Democrats who stands a snowballs chance in hell of beating Grassley.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/news/leading-i...153550871.html

Republicans successfully sue to block the top Democrat from being able to run for the Senate race this fall. It looks like past candidates of both parties have been given flexibility in the requirements but they magically got to be sticklers with one of the few Democrats who stands a snowballs chance in hell of beating Grassley.
                              There's no hope for states like Iowa to ever go Blue. The entire population is vested in "ruining the libs"

Comment

Working...
                              X