Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State department advising Americans to leave Ukraine

Seeing this being posted by some check marks on Twitter. Could be bullshit, but not likely considering they’re tagging the State Dept Twitter account.

It's been going for a while. All non-essential US citizens were advised to leave Ukraine weeks ago. I know that rmbassy staff was reduced back in December because of a friend who was on the ambassador's staff.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post
      It's been going for a while. All non-essential US citizens were advised to leave Ukraine weeks ago. I know that rmbassy staff was reduced back in December because of a friend who was on the ambassador's staff.
      This is the first time I've seen an official "everybody out" type order though.

Comment

It's almost like the Biden admin actually learn from their mistakes even if they refuse to admit when they make them.

Probably premature to make that judgement, but it is a sign of encouragement.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post
          It's almost like the Biden admin actually learn from their mistakes even if they refuse to admit when they make them.

Probably premature to make that judgement, but it is a sign of encouragement.
          Good grief. They advised all Americans who wish to leave Afghanistan to do so back in April of 2021. They also pulled back all non-essential embassy staff that same month.

https://thelondonpost.net/us-asked-c...te-department/

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Good grief. They advised all Americans who wish to leave Afghanistan to do so back in April of 2021. They also pulled back all non-essential embassy staff that same month.

https://thelondonpost.net/us-asked-c...te-department/
            I guess that would explain the total misread on how it would go. His original plan of being out by Sept11 for instance. He dropped the conditions on withdrawal, pulled troops prematurely, then sent more troops back in to try and salvage an abysmal virtual disaster. Then later excused himself by saying nobody could have seen it coming. All while the military was advising him to go a different route.

Sorry if I'm a bit skeptical of anything he says.

Comment

I guess that would explain the total misread on how it would go. His original plan of being out by Sept11 for instance. He dropped the conditions on withdrawal, pulled troops prematurely, then sent more troops back in to try and salvage an abysmal virtual disaster. Then later excused himself by saying nobody could have seen it coming. All while the military was advising him to go a different route.

Sorry if I'm a bit skeptical of anything he says.
              Yeah the military was advising him not to leave Afghanistan at all. Which is in their interest to not leave, so I don't really care what they were saying.

There has been this obscene rewriting of history that the Dept of State never issued any warnings or whatever and Americans were caught having to be evacuated. That's hogwash. They were told to leave months earlier and many chose not to and then we had to go in and try and rescue them.

Comment

Yeah the military was advising him not to leave Afghanistan at all. Which is in their interest to not leave, so I don't really care what they were saying.

There has been this obscene rewriting of history that the Dept of State never issued any warnings or whatever and Americans were caught having to be evacuated. That's hogwash. They were told to leave months earlier and many chose not to and then we had to go in and try and rescue them.
                Biden claimed the Afghan government could maintain order after we left. That government collapsed before we could get out.

Who is rewriting history?

Comment

Biden claimed the Afghan government could maintain order after we left. That government collapsed before we could get out.

Biden average approval rating dips below 40% for first time (nypost.com)

Biden’s popularity has even dropped below that of his predecessor, Donald Trump, who finished his four years in office with an average approval rating of 41.1 percent, according to RCP.

Comment

If Biden said the Afghan govt would immediately collapse, when it collapsed you would be on here chiding him for wishing it into reality. There was nothing he could say when asked about it that would have been a good answer because the situation sucked.

If you were living in Afghanistan, then I'm pretty sure you could see the writing on the wall in April '21. I mean, what are you even trying to do here? No military has left power from a failed intervention cleanly. It's never happened in human history. Yet somehow Biden was supposed to execute something that had never been done before and do it flawlessly. And even then, he'd probably get criticized for it by people like you.

As for rewriting - you are. You literally did that in this very thread just a few posts up. Are you retarded?

Comment

If Biden said the Afghan govt would immediately collapse, when it collapsed you would be on here chiding him for wishing it into reality. There was nothing he could say when asked about it that would have been a good answer because the situation sucked.

If you were living in Afghanistan, then I'm pretty sure you could see the writing on the wall in April '21. I mean, what are you even trying to do here? No military has left power from a failed intervention cleanly. It's never happened in human history. Yet somehow Biden was supposed to execute something that had never been done before and do it flawlessly. And even then, he'd probably get criticized for it by people like you.

As for rewriting - you are. You literally did that in this very thread just a few posts up. Are you retarded?
                      Yeah, he's a Democrat. I can tell because you always make excuses for Democrats. Biden completely fucked up the Afghan withdrawal, in spite of his advisors. He announced his intentions April 28th of a Sept 11th withdrawal, and it all fell completely apart by July. Go ahead and do the dance. It doesn't change a thing. Thousands were left to fend for themselves.

Comment

Yeah, he's a Democrat. I can tell because you always make excuses for Democrats. Biden completely fucked up the Afghan withdrawal, in spite of his advisors. He announced his intentions April 28th of a Sept 11th withdrawal, and it all fell completely apart by July. Go ahead and do the dance. It doesn't change a thing. Thousands were left to fend for themselves.
                        Conversely, he is a Democrat therefore you will always attack him no matter what he does.

Thousands of people who ignored repeated calls to evacuate were left to fend for themselves. We've already been over this a hundred times. There was no good strategy. Not you or anyone else has outlined a strategy that would have been "perfect". The Afghan government was going to fail and the only way to prevent that would be continued occupation for another 20+ years.

If Biden stayed, he'd get hit by you and others for failing a promise and he'd be called a warmonger etc. If Biden left, which he did, he would have had to execute the most perfect withdrawal possible and even then you'd say he fucked it up.

Strange though, no mention of Trump setting the whole thing in motion in 2020, including evacuating soldiers from the rest of the country which allowed the Taliban to seize control of almost everything but Kabul before Biden was even sworn in. But sure, his fault I guess.

Comment

Conversely, he is a Democrat therefore you will always attack him no matter what he does.

Thousands of people who ignored repeated calls to evacuate were left to fend for themselves. We've already been over this a hundred times. There was no good strategy. Not you or anyone else has outlined a strategy that would have been "perfect". The Afghan government was going to fail and the only way to prevent that would be continued occupation for another 20+ years.

If Biden stayed, he'd get hit by you and others for failing a promise and he'd be called a warmonger etc. If Biden left, which he did, he would have had to execute the most perfect withdrawal possible and even then you'd say he fucked it up.

Strange though, no mention of Trump setting the whole thing in motion in 2020, including evacuating soldiers from the rest of the country which allowed the Taliban to seize control of almost everything but Kabul before Biden was even sworn in. But sure, his fault I guess.
                          Sure sure...

Comment

So Russia evacuating their diplomats but they aren’t going to invade?

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
                              So Russia evacuating their diplomats but they aren’t going to invade?
                              I just pray to God we don’t get sucked into something we shouldn’t be a part of.

Comment

Working...
                              X