Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hear about the wheelchair guy in Arizona?

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

You implied that it's not difficult to do. It's not easy to do.
    If you say so.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

What's wrong is you trying to claim I said that. You did a post about tipping the chair and I responded with what if. And that's it and that's all.

Is that the implication here, cat?

"Where is the study on how hard they are to tip over on flat ground while somebody is slashing a knife at you?"

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post

You say others can't read and then show you yourself are illiterate.
        It's an EPW, or electric wheelchair. In my field, I know exactly what they are. and what they're called.
        Cat kept bringing up "slashing" and lashing" If I'm wrong, tell me what point in the video that happens. That's right....you can't because it didn't happen.
        The motor isn't on the back, it's on the bottom.

Anything else you wanna reach for and be wrong about?

The motor is on the rear lower portion of the scooter/wheelchair. They're usually under and slightly behind the seat. Hence back of the vehicle. Do you suffer from common sense issues as well? Does everything have to be specifically spelled out for you?

You said the officer should have tipped over the scooter/chair (which by the way, they're essentially the same damn thing except the chairs are even more stable). This would have placed the officer with in range of person holding a knife. Cat took your statement to it's logical conclusion, that if the officer got close enough to the guy to tip over the chair, the guy was likely going to slash out at the officer. You, for whatever reason, couldn't figure out what was being said and started accusing him of saying/impkying something had happened, when all he was saying is what likely WOULD happen in your scenario.

Depending on how sharp that knife is, and the luck skill of the wielder, this would place the officer in grave danger. I can promise if I am of the mindset to use a knife on you, you're going to be incapacitated within seconds of you getting in range of me. I am not your typical person, I have actually trained with edged weapons, but anybody can get lucky with a knife. They also leave nasty wounds which can be fatal with only minor slashing or penetration.

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post

Is that the implication here, cat?

"Where is the study on how hard they are to tip over on flat ground while somebody is slashing a knife at you?"
          If you want to be obstinate, go ahead. It's obvious attempts at reasoning aren't going to work.

Comment

Son of a bitch.

Look, I don’t want to hear any of this shit about the cop being scared of a homeless dude with a knife. If you want a safe job, take your ass to Walmart and check people out for a living. I’m sick of this bullshit that people have just accepted these days about police. Somehow it’s perfectly okay for them to be complete pussies and use deadly force if they think there’s even the slightest bit of danger or doubt their ability to handle the situation.

Yes the guy could’ve cut him, but guess what, he’s got health insurance, and if he ends up in a body bag, that’s what he signed up for. His family will get a fat life insurance check and life goes on. His job is to protect the public, not shoot at people when he doesn’t have the balls or brains to resolve a situation.

And for anyone that thinks I’m being an asshole for saying these people should be EXPECTED to put themselves at risk? I didn’t make their fucking career choice, they did, and I’d rather have five police officers willing to risk their neck to help people than five hundred that don’t want to do anything but shoot people and write tickets. So if placing that burden on people who decide to wear a badge leads to use having less cops: so fucking be it.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
              Son of a bitch.

Look, I don’t want to hear any of this shit about the cop being scared of a homeless dude with a knife. If you want a safe job, take your ass to Walmart and check people out for a living. I’m sick of this bullshit that people have just accepted these days about police. Somehow it’s perfectly okay for them to be complete pussies and use deadly force if they think there’s even the slightest bit of danger or doubt their ability to handle the situation.

Yes the guy could’ve cut him, but guess what, he’s got health insurance, and if he ends up in a body bag, that’s what he signed up for. His family will get a fat life insurance check and life goes on. His job is to protect the public, not shoot at people when he doesn’t have the balls or brains to resolve a situation.

And for anyone that thinks I’m being an asshole for saying these people should be EXPECTED to put themselves at risk? I didn’t make their fucking career choice, they did, and I’d rather have five police officers willing to risk their neck to help people than five hundred that don’t want to do anything but shoot people and write tickets. So if placing that burden on people who decide to wear a badge leads to use having less cops: so fucking be it.
              Don't really think anyone is disagreeing with this. maybe the varacity, but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

Don't really think anyone is disagreeing with this. maybe the varacity, but that's about it.
                Look, it’s not even worth discussing. That person with that weapon wasn’t hurting anyone. Maybe if they came across another crippled person? But even then, it’s not likely.

Comment

Look, it’s not even worth discussing. That person with that weapon wasn’t hurting anyone. Maybe if they came across another crippled person? But even then, it’s not likely.
                  And what would your tune be if the guy in the wheelchair stabbed that girl in lower left corner of the screen from the lowes surveillance video? As tired of this shit as you are, I'm tired of the double standard that gets applied to cops. No one in this thread, that department, or the general public, have defended this cops actions and said the shooting was justified. But I can promise you'd be just a vocal had the cop not acted and let this suicidal old man injure/kill and innocent bystander.

Comment

And what would your tune be if the guy in the wheelchair stabbed that girl in lower left corner of the screen from the lowes surveillance video? As tired of this shit as you are, I'm tired of the double standard that gets applied to cops. No one in this thread, that department, or the general public, have defended this cops actions and said the shooting was justified. But I can promise you'd be just a vocal had the cop not acted and let this suicidal old man injure/kill and innocent bystander.
                    I don't claim to speak for hookems, but my tune would be along the lines of how does an able bodied adult human of sound mind get run down by a mobility scooter? I'd have to assume she wanted to be stabbed. I'd also hope that the cops' stray rounds didn't finish her off.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

I don't claim to speak for hookems, but my tune would be along the lines of how does an able bodied adult human of sound mind get run down by a mobility scooter? I'd have to assume she wanted to be stabbed. I'd also hope that the cops' stray rounds didn't finish her off.
                      Dude, people can do amazingly stupid things. Look at the 1st amendment auditors getting involved with felony traffic stops as an example. Or, she could be distracted and not realize an angry senile knife wielder is headed her way. Hell, I was watching a documentary about the Devil in Gainesville last night. One of his victims recognized that he was the serial killer, and knew that he had not let anyone live, yet still cooperated instead of trying to fight. In experienced people, who have lived sheltered lives, tend to struggle with fight or flight reflexes.

I'd also be very concerned about cops hitting innocent people. From my experience, a lot of officers really struggle with the third rule. Though in some cases, it's unavoidable, there are a lot of times where they flag bystanders or even their own fellow officers in a firefight. But hey, that can be fixed with less training when the defuncd police crowd get their way.

Comment

Dude, people can do amazingly stupid things. Look at the 1st amendment auditors getting involved with felony traffic stops as an example. Or, she could be distracted and not realize an angry senile knife wielder is headed her way. Hell, I was watching a documentary about the Devil in Gainesville last night. One of his victims recognized that he was the serial killer, and knew that he had not let anyone live, yet still cooperated instead of trying to fight. In experienced people, who have lived sheltered lives, tend to struggle with fight or flight reflexes.

I'd also be very concerned about cops hitting innocent people. From my experience, a lot of officers really struggle with the third rule. Though in some cases, it's unavoidable, there are a lot of times where they flag bystanders or even their own fellow officers in a firefight. But hey, that can be fixed with less training when the defuncd police crowd get their way.
                        Hey, I guess it's not every day we get to watch darwinism in action.

Why is it people warn of things that currently happen if changes are made? If we were to reduce bloated police budgets by sidelining the police from most routine work, we'd end up with more people dead from incompetence? As opposed to the same number of people dead from highly trained, malicious incompetence? Well shit, I guess it couldn't be a culture issue in an institution designed to protect capital from the proletariat.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Hey, I guess it's not every day we get to watch darwinism in action.

Why is it people warn of things that currently happen if changes are made? If we were to reduce bloated police budgets by sidelining the police from most routine work, we'd end up with more people dead from incompetence? As opposed to the same number of people dead from highly trained, malicious incompetence? Well shit, I guess it couldn't be a culture issue in an institution designed to protect capital from the proletariat.
                          Anyone who thinks this world wouldn't be dramatically improved if more idiots were allowed to kill themselves is insane.

Comment

More training doesn't seem to be doing anything other than making cops more trigger-happy.

They make me feel about as safe as the TSA does. Or a rodeo clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post
                              More training doesn't seem to be doing anything other than making cops more trigger-happy.

They make me feel about as safe as the TSA does. Or a rodeo clown.
                              I keep telling people. Every time once of these douchebags shoots someone, they’re either a combat veteran with PTSD or some pussy from the burbs that went to college for criminal justice that doesn’t know how to talk to people. I’ve unironically seen more regular dudes from bad areas that know how to de-escalate situations than cops, and that’s pretty sad.

Comment

Anyone who thinks this world wouldn't be dramatically improved if more idiots were allowed to kill themselves is insane.
                                You should see my thread in the parking lot.

Comment

Working...
                                X