Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone hear about the wheelchair guy in Arizona?

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay. Yes, there’s a chance he could have slashed out with the knife. But, this is a veteran police officer. He could have used a baton to disarm the elderly man while staying out of his reach… which couldn’t have been much, as he was bound to a wheelchair. The officer could have used a stun gun as well.

You point out that BC Chris needs to think through the scenario, yet when I attempt to do so, I can think of literally dozens of ways this scenario goes down without one shot fired — much less nine.

You maybe — maybe — fire off nine shots when a perpetrator is rushing towards you, with a knife. Not when he’s fleeing… in a wheelchair.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

Go ahead and point out where I said that happened. Or better yet, stop dreaming shit up in your head.
      Says the guy talking about slashing and lashing that didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post
        Okay. Yes, there’s a chance he could have slashed out with the knife. But, this is a veteran police officer. He could have used a baton to disarm the elderly man while staying out of his reach… which couldn’t have been much, as he was bound to a wheelchair. The officer could have used a stun gun as well.

You point out that BC Chris needs to think through the scenario, yet when I attempt to do so, I can think of literally dozens of ways this scenario goes down without one shot fired — much less nine.

You maybe — maybe — fire off nine shots when a perpetrator is rushing towards you, with a knife. Not when he’s fleeing… in a wheelchair.
        Look. I said in my initial post in this thread what I thought of this cop.

I also pointed out why attempting to tip the chair might not be a good solution.

Not sure where you guys have gotten so confused.
        Last edited by daCat; 12-07-2021, 03:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

Look. I said in my initial post in this thread what I thought of this cop.

I also pointed out why attempting to tip the chair might not be a good solution.

Not sure where you guys have gotten so confused.
          And, I backed you and DSM up that these things are difficult to tip over and that he could have theoretically started wildly slashing.

Comment

You aren't using your imagination right. You have to try and imagine this guy doing things that didn't happen. What if he activated the Wu-Tang sword under his chair and started rotating 360 degrees and 37 mph? He could have chopped everyone's ankles off!! It could have happened, think of the children!!

But yeah...2 cops, one on either side of him. The knife, cigarettes, and phone all fall from his right side. The shooter kills him from his left, other officer on his right. She's giving commands when he opens fire. There was no slashing, no lashing. The mans death could have been avoided. Bottom line.

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post

For someone who came in here talking about how everyone wasn't posting facts, you add yourself to the list?

You think that chair weighs more than a full dressed Harley? Because I learned to stand those heavy motherfuckers before I was a teenager. I'm really fucking confident I could push that chair over with zero problems. And I didn't say shit about shooting his leg or anything else. You know why? Wouldn't have needed to.
              You're reading as well as Trojan.

I said tip it over while someone is trying to stab you with a knife. Also, thise mobility scooters weigh almost as much as an average sized motorcycle, between 300 and 400 pounds. All of that weight (cg) is about a foot off the ground. So instead of picturing pushing a standing bike over, picture picking one up off the ground. Not impossible by any means, but also not a walk in the park. Then picture at the same you're trying to muscle that thing over, the person in it is trying to stab you with a knife.

Your suggestion of just running up and knocking it over is as practical as shooting for a leg, hence that comparison. No, not impossible by any means, but you're unnecessarily placing yourself, or suggesting the officer should, in danger.

Comment

And, I backed you and DSM up that these things are difficult to tip over and that he could have theoretically started wildly slashing.
                So why are you coming at me in the above post?

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

I said tip it over while someone is trying to stab you with a knife. Also, thise mobility scooters weigh almost as much as an average sized motorcycle, between 300 and 400 pounds. All of that weight (cg) is about a foot off the ground. So instead of picturing pushing a standing bike over, picture picking one up off the ground. Not impossible by any means, but also not a walk in the park. Then picture at the same you're trying to muscle that thing over, the person in it is trying to stab you with a knife.

Your suggestion of just running up and knocking it over is as practical as shooting for a leg, hence that comparison. No, not impossible by any means, but you're unnecessarily placing yourself, or suggesting the officer should, in danger.
                  Understatement of the day.

Comment

A little too quick with that copy and paste insult of yours. Why? Look here, you're reading as well as Trojan.

I didn't say tip over a motorcycle, I said stand one up. Which is the same as "picking one up". Been there, done that. First time I had to do it you probably weren't even born. Anyway...

I know how much they weigh, looked it up. But have also dealt with them when I had to hire a wheelchair contractor for the hospital in a previous role. That cop was in no danger. At all.

Comment

First the errors:

It was not a wheelchair, it was a mibility scooter. This guy was not unable to walk.

Stun gun was, at least from the officer's angle, not an effective option. As I've stressed many times over, stun guns need a certain spread to be able to temporarily disable the subject. Otherwise, they're just the equivalent of getting stung by wasp pain wise. I know from personal experience.

Second responding to Bchris and DaCats back and forth:

Bchris made a stupid suggestion without considering the potential drawbacks to that suggestion (ala aiming for someones leg). DaCat responded to that "suggestion" by stating what would probably happen if the cop tried to follow the suggestion. Then Bchris accused DaCat of saying that the guy was slashing. It's honestly the most irrational and clearly ignorant group of post from Bchris I have read on here.

Finally, conclusins:

The cop had no reason to discharge his firearm once, let alone 9 times. Based on the conditions at the time: Armed suspect, ignoring commands, entering a location with innocent bystanders, and positioned in a way to limit or completely negate the effectiveness of a less lethal option. You could make the argument that lethal force was justified. I don't agree with it, but it could still be argued. Even if you think that lethal force was justified, 9 shots was not. The suspect quit moving, and had ceased to be a threat to people in the store or the officers, after the first group of shots. The coup de grasse at the end could never be considered justifiable use of force.

As far as other options the officers had:

Discharge your weapon at the electric motor on the back of the scooter to disable it. Continue to follow the guy and warn people ahead of the danger. Wait for other officers to surround the suspect. Use your ASP to increase your stand off range and attempt to disable the wheels of the scooter. Hell, use your ASP and hit him in the head, it's against department policy, but much less lethal than shooting the guy 9 times.

What the cop would have been dumb for trying to do, would be to get within strike range of someone who has already threatened people with a knife, and it's fucking retarded to suggest they do so BChris.

Comment

A little too quick with that copy and paste insult of yours. Why? Look here, you're reading as well as Trojan.

I didn't say tip over a motorcycle, I said stand one up. Which is the same as "picking one up". Been there, done that. First time I had to do it you probably weren't even born. Anyway...

I know how much they weigh, looked it up. But have also dealt with them when I had to hire a wheelchair contractor for the hospital in a previous role. That cop was in no danger. At all.
                        His feelings were in danger. That guy had to know who was boss. And by that, he had to die.

Comment

His feelings were in danger. That guy had to know who was boss. And by that, he had to die.
                          If that man would have activated the turbo, and his pocket knife became a machete, and then was suddenly within the officers reach, he could have cut him.

Comment

Stand up, tip over, pick one up. Those statements are moot to the initial comment and point. You implied that it's not difficult to do. It's not easy to do. Now tell me, could you possibly begin to stand up a harley if someone is sitting on that harley and trying to stab you while you try stand it up? And don't come at me with this bullshit of "he wasn't slashing or stabbing with the knife" because no one has said that he was. We're only taking your ill thought suggestion to it's natural conclusion, and that is that a person who has threatened people with a knife is likely to try and use that knife on someone they can reach with it.

Comment

First the errors:

It was not a wheelchair, it was a mibility scooter. This guy was not unable to walk.

Stun gun was, at least from the officer's angle, not an effective option. As I've stressed many times over, stun guns need a certain spread to be able to temporarily disable the subject. Otherwise, they're just the equivalent of getting stung by wasp pain wise. I know from personal experience.

Second responding to Bchris and DaCats back and forth:

Bchris made a stupid suggestion without considering the potential drawbacks to that suggestion (ala aiming for someones leg). DaCat responded to that "suggestion" by stating what would probably happen if the cop tried to follow the suggestion. Then Bchris accused DaCat of saying that the guy was slashing. It's honestly the most irrational and clearly ignorant group of post from Bchris I have read on here.

Finally, conclusins:

The cop had no reason to discharge his firearm once, let alone 9 times. Based on the conditions at the time: Armed suspect, ignoring commands, entering a location with innocent bystanders, and positioned in a way to limit or completely negate the effectiveness of a less lethal option. You could make the argument that lethal force was justified. I don't agree with it, but it could still be argued. Even if you think that lethal force was justified, 9 shots was not. The suspect quit moving, and had ceased to be a threat to people in the store or the officers, after the first group of shots. The coup de grasse at the end could never be considered justifiable use of force.

As far as other options the officers had:

Discharge your weapon at the electric motor on the back of the scooter to disable it. Continue to follow the guy and warn people ahead of the danger. Wait for other officers to surround the suspect. Use your ASP to increase your stand off range and attempt to disable the wheels of the scooter. Hell, use your ASP and hit him in the head, it's against department policy, but much less lethal than shooting the guy 9 times.

What the cop would have been dumb for trying to do, would be to get within strike range of someone who has already threatened people with a knife, and it's fucking retarded to suggest they do so BChris.

You say others can't read and then show you yourself are illiterate.
                              It's an EPW, or electric wheelchair. In my field, I know exactly what they are. and what they're called.
                              Cat kept bringing up "slashing" and lashing" If I'm wrong, tell me what point in the video that happens. That's right....you can't because it didn't happen.
                              The motor isn't on the back, it's on the bottom.

Anything else you wanna reach for and be wrong about?

Comment

You say others can't read and then show you yourself are illiterate.
                                It's an EPW, or electric wheelchair. In my field, I know exactly what they are. and what they're called.
                                Cat kept bringing up "slashing" and lashing" If I'm wrong, tell me what point in the video that happens. That's right....you can't because it didn't happen.
                                The motor isn't on the back, it's on the bottom.

Anything else you wanna reach for and be wrong about?

What's wrong is you trying to claim I said that. You did a post about tipping the chair and I responded with what if. And that's it and that's all.

Comment

Working...
                                X