Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trial of Ahmaud Arbery’s killers

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    If that guy doesn't get at least 2nd degree murder then the entire justice system in Georgia needs to be scrapped and rebuilt.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by DPR View Post

      I don't even understand why this is being discussed?

      In Kenosha, they are saying the events leading up to the shooting are irrelevant and all that matters is self-defense. In Georgia, they are saying that the events leading up to the shooting are relevant.
      Also in Kenosha they said Rittenhouse had to defend himself because people were chasing him with weapons. Rittenhouse was trying to retreat and they kept coming.

      In Georgia, the unarmed guy (white supremacist fake news be damned) being chased by multiple armed people should have stopped and let himself be citizen's arrested? Arbery tried to retreat and they kept coming after him.
      Last edited by TTURedRaider; 11-18-2021, 03:17 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

        What are you even talking about?

        https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-a-weapon/amp/

        The man who shot dead Ahmaud Arbery testified Thursday that the 25-year-old black man never pulled out a weapon or threatened him in any way before he pointed his shotgun at him during a chase through his Georgia neighborhood
        I know you don’t really do the whole internet thing, but you could’ve answered this question pretty easily with a Google search. In the video, he drops an object of some kind that appears to be a hammer or something similar. I’m wondering why he had that while he was jogging and why nobody is mentioning it.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

          [4:33 p.m.]: Dunikoski introduces herself to McMichael and asks: “You just testified under oath that you’re not going to chase or investigate someone who is armed, correct?”

          McMichael confirms.

          “And not once during your direct examination did you state that your intention was to effectuate an arrest of Mr. Arbery until your attorney asked you that leading question, isn’t that right?”

          “Yes,” he replies.

          Dunikoski asks several questions about the crime in the neighborhood, pointing out that of all the 911 calls that had been made in 2019, only one was related to burglary and it was discovered to be a false alarm. She asks McMichael how he learned about the crime in the neighborhood, and he replies that he learned over Facebook and through his mother.

          “So it’s fair to say you had incomplete information about who was committing the crime in Satilla Shores?”

          “Yes,” McMichael says.

          [4:39 p.m.]: Dunikoski asks McMichael about the interaction he had with the homeless man who was staying under the Fancy Bluff Creek bridge. She notes that McMichael did not display his gun to the homeless man.

          She then asks about McMichael’s time in the Coast Guard.

          “You learned in the military that you can’t force people to speak with you?” Dunikoski asks.

          “Correct.”

          “And if someone walks away, you have to let them walk away?”

          “Yes.”

          “In fact, you were trained that displaying a weapon may be considered ‘psychological coercion’ which is prohibited by the courts and, as a law enforcement, may be grounds for suppressing evidence? Is that what you were taught?” Dunikoski asks.

          “Under certain situations, yes ma’am,” McMichael responds.

          “In addition, you were also taught that the best weapon retention technique is to not let your weapon be accessible to anyone, correct?”

          “Under certain situations, yes ma’am,” McMichael responds.

          [4:48 p.m.]: Dunikoski then asks McMichael about the events of Feb. 23, 2020. He says his father ran into the house saying the man who had been breaking into the house down the street was running down the road.

          “I want to be real clear, he didn’t say that he’d seen him breaking into the house?” she asks.

          “No,” McMichael replies.

          Dunikoski asks him point blank, “Sir, what were you thinking on that day?”

          “With all due respect,” McMichael replied, “did I stutter when I said he was a black man running in a white neighborhood?”
          Yep.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BChris View Post

            First time I heard that. Found this.

            Far-right groups are spreading racist, false claims about shooting victim Ahmaud Arbery, analysts say

            https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...6e5_story.html

            "Some of the online posts, which include racist language, memes and graphics, claim that Arbery was carrying a hammer and wearing boots when he was killed, as the groups try to create false narratives about his death, analysts said.

            In the video, Arbery is wearing a white T-shirt, shorts and running shoes."


            “The most remarkable finding is that an alternate narrative was created, most notably that Arbery was carrying a hammer and wearing Timberland boots — two claims which CCTV footage and mainstream media reporting does not support,”
            Same, it's quite clear that he was wearing trainers. If he had a hammer, it must have been hidden in a prison wallet.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
              So I found this video which is clearer than the original which shows tennis shoes, so there's that: https://youtu.be/rg8CaecNJI8

              [B]But what about the hammer or other object he dropped? Why are they pretending that wasn't on the video[/b?
              Probably because he didn't throw or drop an object. Yes, there is an object on the road, but it was already on the road before he reached that point. At least in the video. There's a video from last year discussing that part of the narrative which clearly shows the object on the road befor Arbery was in a position to have thrown it.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post
                Probably because he didn't throw or drop an object. Yes, there is an object on the road, but it was already on the road before he reached that point. At least in the video. There's a video from last year discussing that part of the narrative which clearly shows the object on the road befor Arbery was in a position to have thrown it.
                Now I’m wondering who the fuck leaves a perfectly good hammer laying in the street.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                  Now I’m wondering who the fuck leaves a perfectly good hammer laying in the street.
                  I've picked up at least a couple hundred dollars worth of tools that were sitting in the street in front of my work. A lot of them fall off of work trucks.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Nash View Post

                    I've picked up at least a couple hundred dollars worth of tools that were sitting in the street in front of my work. A lot of them fall off of work trucks.
                    All of the men in my family save a few were mechanics, and losing tools was a good way to get your ass beat.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                      I know you don’t really do the whole internet thing, but you could’ve answered this question pretty easily with a Google search. In the video, he drops an object of some kind that appears to be a hammer or something similar. I’m wondering why he had that while he was jogging and why nobody is mentioning it.
                      I find if people are going to assert things as facts its on them to provide backup and prove it. Not for other people to have to google what they are talking about. That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

                      I watched the video again. I don't see him drop anything in the road on the video. There is something in the road. There is some debris in the road none of it looks like any sort of hammer.

                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLN4PAJEYc8

                      Also Mr. Arbery isn't wearing boots. The medical examiner took photos of Arbery's clothing including his shoes that he refers to as "running shoes."

                      https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-new...KW2D76OUP5HF4/

                      [10:05 a.m.]: With the jury seated, state prosecutor Linda Dunikoski calls Dr. Edmund Donoghue to the witness stand. Donoghue is a forensic and anatomic pathologist for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. He has worked for the agency since 2007.

                      During the autopsy, Donoghue also took photos of Arbery’s clothing, including his shoes, which he refers to as “running shoes.” Bloodstains are on the heels of the shoes. On the bottom, the treads of the shoes have been worn down. Every fiber of Arbery’s shirt, which was white before he was shot, is stained a bright red. Tears are visible from where shotgun shells and pellets entered and exited Arbery’s body.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

                        I find if people are going to assert things as facts its on them to provide backup and prove it. Not for other people to have to google what they are talking about. That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

                        I watched the video again. I don't see him drop anything in the road on the video. There is something in the road. There is some debris in the road none of it looks like any sort of hammer.

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLN4PAJEYc8

                        Also Mr. Arbery isn't wearing boots. The medical examiner took photos of Arbery's clothing including his shoes that he refers to as "running shoes."

                        https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-new...KW2D76OUP5HF4/
                        Good work prosecutor, you succeeded in formulating a solid argument about something I don’t give a shit about and never took a firm stance on to begin with. If you had actually read the thread, you’d see that I already conceded both points without much of a fight. Partially because of my lack of interest, but mostly because I’m not afraid of being wrong. Now make like “Mr. Arbery” and go away forever.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
                          So I found this video which is clearer than the original which shows tennis shoes, so there's that: https://youtu.be/rg8CaecNJI8

                          But what about the hammer or other object he dropped? Why are they pretending that wasn't on the video?
                          Why are they pretending that those two fat dumb rednecks shouldn't call the police if they see something suspicious?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                            Good work prosecutor, you succeeded in formulating a solid argument about something I don’t give a shit about and never took a firm stance on to begin with. If you had actually read the thread, you’d see that I already conceded both points without much of a fight. Partially because of my lack of interest, but mostly because I’m not afraid of being wrong. Now make like “Mr. Arbery” and go away forever.
                            Wait didn't you quit the board?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

                              Wait didn't you quit the board?
                              I’ve had some leisure time as of late. Still banging that tranny?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                1. Coast Guard is not the military.
                                2. Light 'em all on fire, along with their families. Done. Message sent. Lessons learned.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X