Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial of Ahmaud Arbery’s killers

So no information that the guy did anything more than trespassing at a house under construction as dozens of white people had done. Chased him through a neighborhood while armed not letting him get away. But claiming self defense because he came at us after we chased him for a few minutes with guns.

But defendant takes the stand to tell us his life story. How people have tried to rob him in his life. How someone stole a gun from his vehicle then broke into it again in the neighborhood. How he saw all these crimes in his neighborhood via Facebook.

McMichael was a mechanic in the Coast Guard but had “law enforcement “ training so he’s an expert in use of force.

If these guys don't get convicted I might be surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
      So no information that the guy did anything more than trespassing at a house under construction as dozens of white people had done. Chased him through a neighborhood while armed not letting him get away. But claiming self defense because he came at us after we chased him for a few minutes with guns.

But defendant takes the stand to tell us his life story. How people have tried to rob him in his life. How someone stole a gun from his vehicle then broke into it again in the neighborhood. How he saw all these crimes in his neighborhood via Facebook.

McMichael was a mechanic in the Coast Guard but had “law enforcement “ training so he’s an expert in use of force.
      Technically, all coast guard members are considered law enforcement. How much continuous training the non-enforcement teams get, I am not sure of. Their A-School is like a police academy that specializes in maritime law enforcement.

So, basically, he would qualify as an expert for maritime law enforcement even if his rating was a machinist mate (I think the puddle pirates use ratings similar to the Navy).

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post
        If these guys don't get convicted I might be surprised.
        I think there's little chance they get don't get convicted of something. Trespassing on unoccupied property is a non-violent crime that is not a felony. Pretty sure that citizens arrest laws only let you detain someone who has committed a felony. They're guilty of attempted kidnapping. The attempted kidnapping resulted in a death, which is 2nd degree murder.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

I think there's little chance they get don't get convicted of something. Trespassing on unoccupied property is a non-violent crime that is not a felony. Pretty sure that citizens arrest laws only let you detain someone who has committed a felony. They're guilty of attempted kidnapping. The attempted kidnapping resulted in a death, which is 2nd degree murder.
          I hope that's the case, we'll see.

Comment

So why was this dude jogging with boots on and carrying a hammer? I'm still confused about that part.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
              So why was this dude jogging with boots on and carrying a hammer? I'm still confused about that part.
              First time I heard that. Found this.

Far-right groups are spreading racist, false claims about shooting victim Ahmaud Arbery, analysts say

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...6e5_story.html

"Some of the online posts, which include racist language, memes and graphics, claim that Arbery was carrying a hammer and wearing boots when he was killed, as the groups try to create false narratives about his death, analysts said.

In the video, Arbery is wearing a white T-shirt, shorts and running shoes."

“The most remarkable finding is that an alternate narrative was created, most notably that Arbery was carrying a hammer and wearing Timberland boots — two claims which CCTV footage and mainstream media reporting does not support,”

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post

First time I heard that. Found this.

Far-right groups are spreading racist, false claims about shooting victim Ahmaud Arbery, analysts say

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...6e5_story.html

"Some of the online posts, which include racist language, memes and graphics, claim that Arbery was carrying a hammer and wearing boots when he was killed, as the groups try to create false narratives about his death, analysts said.

"In the video, Arbery is wearing a white T-shirt, shorts and running shoes."
                "

“The most remarkable finding is that an alternate narrative was created, most notably that Arbery was carrying a hammer and wearing Timberland boots — two claims which CCTV footage and mainstream media reporting does not support,”
                I read those articles before posting this question, but then I looked up the pictures they're claiming aren't real and they're definitely from the video. Sounds like another one of those "who're you going to believe, the media or your lying eyes?" situations to me. I mean obviously it doesn't matter when it comes to the incident itself, I don't care if he's wearing a beekeeper outfit and carrying a fishing net, I just don't understand why they're lying about it.

Comment

So I found this video which is clearer than the original which shows tennis shoes, so there's that: https://youtu.be/rg8CaecNJI8

But what about the hammer or other object he dropped? Why are they pretending that wasn't on the video?

Comment

I read those articles before posting this question, but then I looked up the pictures they're claiming aren't real and they're definitely from the video. Sounds like another one of those "who're you going to believe, the media or your lying eyes?" situations to me. I mean obviously it doesn't matter when it comes to the incident itself, I don't care if he's wearing a beekeeper outfit and carrying a fishing net, I just don't understand why they're lying about it.
                    No legit reasons why people would make it up, but given the area and who supports those guys I'm not surprised. Was just looking at the videos again. Doesn't look like Timbo's to me. If any of it is true, it will be in the court documents. Would think we would have heard this a year ago.

Comment

So I found this video which is clearer than the original which shows tennis shoes, so there's that: https://youtu.be/rg8CaecNJI8

But what about the hammer or other object he dropped? Why are they pretending that wasn't on the video?
                      I don't even understand why this is being discussed?

In Kenosha, they are saying the events leading up to the shooting are irrelevant and all that matters is self-defense. In Georgia, they are saying that the events leading up to the shooting are relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

I don't even understand why this is being discussed?

In Kenosha, they are saying the events leading up to the shooting are irrelevant and all that matters is self-defense. In Georgia, they are saying that the events leading up to the shooting are relevant.
                        The killing in Georgia wasn't self defense, but if they can paint Arbery as black enough and scary enough, they'll make it seem like self defense.

Comment

What are you even talking about?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost....-a-weapon/amp/

The man who shot dead Ahmaud Arbery testified Thursday that the 25-year-old black man never pulled out a weapon or threatened him in any way before he pointed his shotgun at him during a chase through his Georgia neighborhood

Comment

Testifying under cross-examination, Travis McMichael acknowledged that Arbery had indicated several times that he didn’t want to talk to him after McMichael and his father Gregory repeatedly pulled up beside him ina pickup truck on Feb. 23 last year.

Prosecutor Linda Dunikoski pressed McMichael on whether Arbery ever reached into his pockets, brandished any weapons, yelled or threatened him.

"No,” McMichael said.

“He just ran?” the prosecutor asked.

“Yes, he was just running,” McMichael said.

He said Arbery started to run when he told him police were on the way.

McMichael testified that he never told Arbery “you’re under arrest” because he “didn’t have time, I was still trying to get him to stop.”

The prosecutor brought up the Fifth Amendment, saying: “You know that no one has to talk to anyone they don’t want to talk to, right?”

Comment

Technically, all coast guard members are considered law enforcement. How much continuous training the non-enforcement teams get, I am not sure of. Their A-School is like a police academy that specializes in maritime law enforcement.

So, basically, he would qualify as an expert for maritime law enforcement even if his rating was a machinist mate (I think the puddle pirates use ratings similar to the Navy).
                              [4:33 p.m.]: Dunikoski introduces herself to McMichael and asks: “You just testified under oath that you’re not going to chase or investigate someone who is armed, correct?”

McMichael confirms.

“And not once during your direct examination did you state that your intention was to effectuate an arrest of Mr. Arbery until your attorney asked you that leading question, isn’t that right?”

“Yes,” he replies.

Dunikoski asks several questions about the crime in the neighborhood, pointing out that of all the 911 calls that had been made in 2019, only one was related to burglary and it was discovered to be a false alarm. She asks McMichael how he learned about the crime in the neighborhood, and he replies that he learned over Facebook and through his mother.

“So it’s fair to say you had incomplete information about who was committing the crime in Satilla Shores?”

“Yes,” McMichael says.

[4:39 p.m.]: Dunikoski asks McMichael about the interaction he had with the homeless man who was staying under the Fancy Bluff Creek bridge. She notes that McMichael did not display his gun to the homeless man.

She then asks about McMichael’s time in the Coast Guard.

“You learned in the military that you can’t force people to speak with you?” Dunikoski asks.

“Correct.”

“And if someone walks away, you have to let them walk away?”

“Yes.”

“In fact, you were trained that displaying a weapon may be considered ‘psychological coercion’ which is prohibited by the courts and, as a law enforcement, may be grounds for suppressing evidence? Is that what you were taught?” Dunikoski asks.

“Under certain situations, yes ma’am,” McMichael responds.

“In addition, you were also taught that the best weapon retention technique is to not let your weapon be accessible to anyone, correct?”

“Under certain situations, yes ma’am,” McMichael responds.

[4:48 p.m.]: Dunikoski then asks McMichael about the events of Feb. 23, 2020. He says his father ran into the house saying the man who had been breaking into the house down the street was running down the road.

“I want to be real clear, he didn’t say that he’d seen him breaking into the house?” she asks.

“No,” McMichael replies.

Comment

Working...
                              X