Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats Gerrymandering

Adam Kinzinger Lashes Out After Democrats Redraw His House District, Likely Ending His Congressional Career

https://www.mediaite.com/news/adam-k...sional-career/

Democrats in the Illinois General Assembly released a proposal earlier in the day with the proposed lines of the state’s congressional map for the next decade. Their party controls both of the state’s legislative chambers, along with the governor’s mansion and 13 House seats. Republicans hold five. The state is set to lose a seat when the next Congress convenes in 2023, and the new map makes it likely for Republicans to hold just three of those.
    *Waits for DPR to come out against this given his hate of gerrymandering but knows he will probably justify it as some sort of correction.*

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
    Adam Kinzinger Lashes Out After Democrats Redraw His House District, Likely Ending His Congressional Career

*Waits for DPR to come out against this given his hate of gerrymandering but knows he will probably justify it as some sort of correction.*
    It's not gerrymandering.... it's "maximizing"

Comment

Meanwhile, Republicans are thinking of splitting Nashville into 2 districts in hopes of turning Tennessee into an 8-1 GOP state.

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post

So repubs are allowed to gerrymander but the one fucking district Dems try to do it and out come the BOTH SiDERS like ibleed, ttu and dacat

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
          So repubs are allowed to gerrymander but the one fucking district Dems try to do it and out come the BOTH SiDERS like ibleed, ttu and dacat
          Trojan's right Democrats are better at annexing and importing new voters. Republicans usually redraw the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Trojan's right Democrats are better at annexing and importing new voters. Republicans usually redraw the lines.
            Importing new voters?

Unless you're talking about Mexicans, my grants and asylum seekers. But they don't get to vote fir another 15 years.

Perhaps Republican party should make its policies more attractive to the newly minted citizens

Comment

Importing new voters?

Unless you're talking about Mexicans, my grants and asylum seekers. But they don't get to vote fir another 15 years.

Perhaps Republican party should make its policies more attractive to the newly minted citizens
              LOL for no reason at all you just wanted to offer citizenship to anyone here illegally a few years ago.

You can't make that stuff up.

That's safe space shit.

Comment

LOL for no reason at all you just wanted to offer citizenship to anyone here illegally a few years ago.

You can't make that stuff up.

That's safe space shit.
                For no reason? Link to where democrats were giving full citizenship to DACA kids and asylum seekers? It was always called a "pathway to citizenship".

LMFAO when fuq accidentally reveals himself as a closet Trumplican.

Comment

For no reason? Link to where democrats were giving full citizenship to DACA kids and asylum seekers? It was always called a "pathway to citizenship".

LMFAO when fuq accidentally reveals himself as a closet Trumplican.
                  I'm a moderate, I discard the parts of of either of your policies which are fucking stupid.

If I get called a progressive liberal or a MAGA again I'm banning that MFer

Comment

I'm a moderate, I discard the parts of of either of your policies which are fucking stupid.

So you say you only want legal immigration and legal asylum seekers.

So do I.

I think asylum should only be given to political refugees and not to economic and religious refugees.

I think that DACA kids should be given residency with a chance to become citizens after 10years

Tell me I'm wrong

Last edited by sctrojan; 10-16-2021, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Adam Kinzinger voted against the John Lewis Voting Rights Act, which would have banned partisan gerrymandering in favor of independent commissions. Democrats have been against gerrymandering all decade long and have fought to stop it, with Republicans blocking them every step of the way. Now that SCOTUS won't do anything and Republicans in Congress blocking federal action, Democrats can either lay down their arms and try to win "fairly", or play the game according to the current rules.

I fucking hate it all. But what are Democrats to do here? If they don't gerrymander where they can, the GOP can likely seize control of the House in 2022 with only 44% of the vote. In fact, had state courts not stepped in to force redraws of the egregiously gerrymandered PA (2018) and NC (2020), Kevin McCarthy would be Speaker right now despite Pelosi and Co winning 50.8% of the vote to McCarthy's 47.7%.

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post

Pretty cool to criticize Democrats about trying to navigate a system that is actively being sabotaged by a political party you blindly support.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Adam Kinzinger voted against the John Lewis Voting Rights Act, which would have banned partisan gerrymandering in favor of independent commissions. Democrats have been against gerrymandering all decade long and have fought to stop it, with Republicans blocking them every step of the way. Now that SCOTUS won't do anything and Republicans in Congress blocking federal action, Democrats can either lay down their arms and try to win "fairly", or play the game according to the current rules.

I fucking hate it all. But what are Democrats to do here? If they don't gerrymander where they can, the GOP can likely seize control of the House in 2022 with only 44% of the vote. In fact, had state courts not stepped in to force redraws of the egregiously gerrymandered PA (2018) and NC (2020), Kevin McCarthy would be Speaker right now despite Pelosi and Co winning 50.8% of the vote to McCarthy's 47.7%.
                          Sad but predictable.

As a general matter, if one condemns some action by others, one should not engage in that same action. Not simply justify some people continuing to engage in the conduct one seeks to forbid.

So it's okay to screw over voters in IL or NY because of Republicans doing it elsewhere? Is that the same logic Republicans use?

Also explain where you get these percentages?

Comment

LMFAO @ this enlightened centrist.

Comment

Sad but predictable.

As a general matter, if one condemns some action by others, one should not engage in that same action. Not simply justify some people continuing to engage in the conduct one seeks to forbid.

So it's okay to screw over voters in IL or NY because of Republicans doing it elsewhere? Is that the same logic Republicans use?

Also explain where you get these percentages?

Before you criticize me for having a defeatist mentality. Now you criticize me for understanding that you have to play the game to win. Which is it?

I wish Democrats didn't gerrymander. I also wish Republicans wouldn't gerrymander. But knowing that Republicans will gerrymander, it is idiotic not to do the same from the Democratic side. You want unilateral disarmament with a group that's crossing their fingers behind their back.

I swear you must be autistic or something if you are actually going to expect me to condemn Democrats for doing what must be done in order to have a snowball's chance in hell at fixing this issue. By not gerrymandering, they will likely lose the House for the next DECADE.

The 44% is based on if Republicans gerrymander but Democrats don't. I think I pulled it from a Wasserman tweet or piece. Basically, Republicans can earn only 44% of the national vote but still earn at least 218 House seats based on gerrymandering alone.

If the 2011 map redraws were still in existence for 2020, McCarthy is the Speaker and is completely destroying Biden's presidency via absurd gridlock despite Biden getting 7 million more votes and despite Democratic House candidates nationwide getting a majority of votes.

Here's how people like TTU think - well the electoral college preserves small states voices and makes everyone count etc. The Senate also preserves small state voices and gives everyone a chance at the table etc. The House, well....that was supposed to represent the will of the masses but it is okay if one party can seize control with a minority of the vote because....reasons or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X