Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Journalist beheadings incoming

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Journalist beheadings incoming

    Things are getting spicy quicker than expected. The Taliban is in Kabul and the people we have there are basically stuck. Not surprised the board is largely silent on this.

  • #2
    Also, I saw a tweet where a journalist was asking for prayers for his 11 month old daughter.

    Pretty sure bringing your infant child to a savage third world shit hole qualifies you for worst father of all time.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
      Things are getting spicy quicker than expected. The Taliban is in Kabul and the people we have there are basically stuck. Not surprised the board is largely silent on this.
      I was going to post about it but then somebody hit me with this... "So I guess we can add TTU to this list. I swear, the undying hatred you guys have for the American Economic Zone is really astounding."

      I still don't understand what my post had to do with the American Economic Zone.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

        I was going to post about it but then somebody hit me with this... "So I guess we can add TTU to this list. I swear, the undying hatred you guys have for the American Economic Zone is really astounding."

        I still don't understand what my post had to do with the American Economic Zone.
        You could’ve said people, you chose Americans, because of course you did. Also, this was posted prior to my reply to you.

        Comment


        • #5
          Americans are being told to shelter in place as the Taliban runs wild in Kabul. This is probably the biggest foreign policy shit show since Iran in 79.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

            You could’ve said people, you chose Americans, because of course you did. Also, this was posted prior to my reply to you.

            O’Er the Land of the Free
            And the Home of the over sensitive about off hand comment on message board bitches.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
              Americans are being told to shelter in place as the Taliban runs wild in Kabul. This is probably the biggest foreign policy shit show since Iran in 79.

              It’s very similar to the end of Vietnam. In all seriousness this was inevitable but it’s brutal with how quick it occurred.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post


                O’Er the Land of the Free
                And the Home of the over sensitive about off hand comment on message board bitches.
                See? It’s a compulsion with you guys. You simply can’t help yourselves.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post


                  It’s very similar to the end of Vietnam. In all seriousness this was inevitable but it’s brutal with how quick it occurred.
                  It wasn’t inevitable for us to leave behind a shit load of guns and equipment for the Taliban to take, and it wasn’t inevitable that we abandoned thousands of people to be.. well whatever the Taliban is going to do with them. Of course it’s happening under a Democrat, so it’ll either somehow be the Republicans fault or not a big deal.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                    It wasn’t inevitable for us to leave behind a shit load of guns and equipment for the Taliban to take, and it wasn’t inevitable that we abandoned thousands of people to be.. well whatever the Taliban is going to do with them. Of course it’s happening under a Democrat, so it’ll either somehow be the Republicans fault or not a big deal.

                    It’s a Bush/Obama/Trump/Biden failure. We spent over a trillion dollars (could have paid for that infrastructure bill) and the second we step away none of that mattered. It was a bi partisan disaster of a experiment in forcing democracy in a place that governments have failed before so we should have known.

                    I’m not a geopolitics expert obviously but if the idea was to leave Afghanistan I don’t see how this was unavoidable…we’d have to leave troops in there to avoid it. Pretty sure you’ve been on the side of get our troops out of there. This is the result of that.

                    Am I allowed to call the Afghanistan war an American failure, or does that mean I hate my home?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post


                      It’s a Bush/Obama/Trump/Biden failure. We spent over a trillion dollars (could have paid for that infrastructure bill) and the second we step away none of that mattered. It was a bi partisan disaster of a experiment in forcing democracy in a place that governments have failed before so we should have known.

                      I’m not a geopolitics expert obviously but if the idea was to leave Afghanistan I don’t see how this was unavoidable…we’d have to leave troops in there to avoid it. Pretty sure you’ve been on the side of get our troops out of there. This is the result of that.

                      Am I allowed to call the Afghanistan war an American failure, or does that mean I hate my home?
                      I did want us to leave. I didn’t want us to arm a hostile force that would inevitably take over the government and abandon thousands of our own people in the process. Remember, a little over a month ago our sitting president told all of us that this exact thing wouldn’t happen, which really only leaves two possibilities. Either he lied and it cost people their lives, or he was so fucking ignorant about what was going on over there that he failed to accurately assess the situation and put a plan in place that reflected reality. That’s 100% on Biden, but again, I don’t expect anyone to hold him accountable. He’s a democrat, after all.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                        You could’ve said people, you chose Americans, because of course you did. Also, this was posted prior to my reply to you.
                        I wasn't aware we had a lot of non-Americans on the board.

                        Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
                        Americans are being told to shelter in place as the Taliban runs wild in Kabul. This is probably the biggest foreign policy shit show since Iran in 79.
                        You could've just said people.

                        Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                        It wasn’t inevitable for us to leave behind a shit load of guns and equipment for the Taliban to take, and it wasn’t inevitable that we abandoned thousands of people to be.. well whatever the Taliban is going to do with them. Of course it’s happening under a Democrat, so it’ll either somehow be the Republicans fault or not a big deal.
                        It happened under Biden's watch so he should get a majority of the blame. But his wasn't the only US administration that handed out the shit load of guns and equipment for the Taliban to take. Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden all share in that. Also Trump just wanted to get out which is why they made their deal with the Taliban. It's not like Trump and Pompeo drew up a detailed plan for withdrawal with they made that deal. It doesn't appear they did anything at all to work on getting out people out or interpreters etc. Biden fluctuated and then made a decision without doing any of the work planning either apparently. Which we see the results of now.

                        Also the Afghan government themselves own in this collapse as well. The President left the country. The reason its been so quick is that had very little in terms of government control or presence in some of these provinces. So if what little forces are there leave and then one vehicle of Taliban rolls in suddenly they have taken control of a vast area. Then you have the instances where they just straight up surrendered giving their guns and equipment over without a fight.
                        Last edited by TTURedRaider; 08-15-2021, 01:42 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So it looks like the Taliban took down the American, rainbow, and BLM flags at the embassy and replaced it with theirs. Imagine flying a flag that celebrates homosexuality in country that’s like 123% Muslim and being surprised when their version of Nazis take over in weeks. The incompetence and ignorance of the blind ideologues of the west truly knows no bounds.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

                            I wasn't aware we had a lot of non-Americans on the board.



                            You could've just said people.



                            It happened under Biden's watch so he should get a lot of the blame. But his wasn't the only US administration that handed out the shit load of guns and equipment for the Taliban to take. Bush, Obama, Trump and Biden all share in that. Also Trump just wanted to get out which is why they made their deal with the Taliban. It's not like Trump and Pompeo drew up a detailed plan for withdrawal. It doesn't appear they did anything at all to work on getting interpreters out either for example.

                            Also the Afghan government themselves own in this collapse as well. The President left the country. The reason its been so quick is that had very little in terms of government control or presence in some of these provinces. So if what little forces are there leave and then one vehicle of Taliban rolls in suddenly they have taken control of a vast area.
                            It was a message to Americans sent by the American embassy before it was taken over so.. no, Americans actually fits in this case.

                            It happened because the Afghan people would rather live under Taliban rule than that of the phony democracy we installed. How else could you explain a very well armed force of 300k getting routed in less than two months by a rag tag group of jihadists with AK-47s 1/3 their size? Hell, I bet half of them defected and joined the Taliban before the shooting even started. This whole thing was a massive waste of time and lives, just like every other bullshit war we get involved in.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

                              It was a message to Americans sent by the American embassy before it was taken over so.. no, Americans actually fits in this case.

                              It happened because the Afghan people would rather live under Taliban rule than that of the phony democracy we installed. How else could you explain a very well armed force of 300k getting routed in less than two months by a rag tag group of jihadists with AK-47s 1/3 their size? Hell, I bet half of them defected and joined the Taliban before the shooting even started. This whole thing was a massive waste of time and lives, just like every other bullshit war we get involved in.
                              So you think other countries are telling their people to go out in Kabul right now?

                              I'm not sure about that. It happened because Afghanistan is historically hard to govern. The Afghan government has made horrible mistakes along the way that have nothing to do with the US. The Afghan Government's imperfect measure was their control of district centers. Afghanistan has over 400 districts all with something called a district administrative center. Which is like one village with a couple of government buildings guarded by a small police force in a district made up of a tons of square miles. By the same token its not like the Taliban has let a garrison or setup government there. The Afghan government people just ran away, surrendered, or retreated. The thing is before that Afghan military always had us to back them up and our air power.
                              Last edited by TTURedRaider; 08-15-2021, 02:19 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X