Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

I know it’s not the point here. It was a dumb joke. This is FVSports.com, we do that here.

And yes, I will, and I will continue to do so. Reason being is collectively bashing the US en mass when the US fucks up can actually affect the US from fucking up in the future.

For example we’re getting out of Afghanistan in a very embarrassing way because it’s politically embarrassing way because American people bitched enough about it that there was people who voted for Trump and voted for Biden who both wanted our troops out of there. Neither party would be punished at this point for this embarrassment. You and Fres’ logic here (and I know you both want out of the Stan) is basically saying “yea, well this war is dumb and we’ve not accomplished anything but have you talked enough about Russia in Ukrainian. Now that’s a bad war and you should complain just as much about that.”

A bunch of Americans bashing N. Korea has ZERO affect on N. Korean human rights.

And bitching about our historic and current flaws doesn’t change that the US is a far better place to live with better ideals as a country than most parts of the world.
    1.) Do you actually believe this? Because I see very little evidence of that being the case. I mean just look at your example, it’s asinine. Nobody even talks about Afghanistan anymore and hasn’t for years really. We left because the powers that be determined that it’s not advantageous to be there anymore, not because the political establishment suddenly had a change of heart after 20 years or people complained. Same is true of Vietnam and any other bullshit war we’ve been involved in. If they cared about what the American people thought, we would’ve never gotten involved in these shit shows in the first place, but they don’t, so we did.

2.) When that’s basically all you talk about, yeah, it is pretty cancerous. As bad as the American economic zone is in some ways, our problems pale in comparison to that of most people in the world, and yet gratitude is sorely lacking. I can’t remember the last time you, DPR, or Deschet said anything even remotely positive about the economic zone, but you’re always full of complaints. That’s my point.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

1.) Do you actually believe this? Because I see very little evidence of that being the case. I mean just look at your example, it’s asinine. Nobody even talks about Afghanistan anymore and hasn’t for years really. We left because the powers that be determined that it’s not advantageous to be there anymore, not because the political establishment suddenly had a change of heart after 20 years or people complained. Same is true of Vietnam and any other bullshit war we’ve been involved in. If they cared about what the American people thought, we would’ve never gotten involved in these shit shows in the first place, but they don’t, so we did.

2.) When that’s basically all you talk about, yeah, it is pretty cancerous. As bad as the American economic zone is in some ways, our problems pale in comparison to that of most people in the world, and yet gratitude is sorely lacking. I can’t remember the last time you, DPR, or Deschet said anything even remotely positive about the economic zone, but you’re always full of complaints. That’s my point.

1) Yes, I’m not saying they have our best interests at heart and we can fully prevent them from making terrible costly decisions but overwhelmingly opposing something over time causes fear of losing power which causes action.

2) So when people like us bitch about our shitty health care and work life balance compared to say…Europe are we supposed to qualify everything by saying yea it’s not the best but at least it’s not like N. Korea? It’s politics, where you bitch about things you don’t like. And there’s a lot to bitch about when you think one party is an absolute trash can and the other is like kinda OK some of the time and pretty shitty some of the time too.

Like everything I bitch about comes from a baseline of America is a very nice place to live relative to most of the world, and Ive had opportunities that most Americans haven’t had so I’m even lucky for us. But we royally suck relative to our peers at work/life balance, health care, and equitable distribution of income. It’s kinda absurd to me that anyone needs to spell out that we’re a better place to live than N Korea, Iran, and Syria.

Also on this subject the same people that are saying this are the same people bitching about the COVID nanny state when if you compare the areas with the strictest “lockdowns” in the US and compare it to Canada, Europe, Oceana, Asia, or South America we’ve been lax as shit, so if we’re going to do this song and dance be consistent.

Comment

1) Yes, I’m not saying they have our best interests at heart and we can fully prevent them from making terrible costly decisions but overwhelmingly opposing something over time causes fear of losing power which causes action.

2) So when people like us bitch about our shitty health care and work life balance compared to say…Europe are we supposed to qualify everything by saying yea it’s not the best but at least it’s not like N. Korea? It’s politics, where you bitch about things you don’t like. And there’s a lot to bitch about when you think one party is an absolute trash can and the other is like kinda OK some of the time and pretty shitty some of the time too.

Like everything I bitch about comes from a baseline of America is a very nice place to live relative to most of the world, and Ive had opportunities that most Americans haven’t had so I’m even lucky for us. But we royally suck relative to our peers at work/life balance, health care, and equitable distribution of income. It’s kinda absurd to me that anyone needs to spell out that we’re a better place to live than N Korea, Iran, and Syria.

Also on this subject the same people that are saying this are the same people bitching about the COVID nanny state when if you compare the areas with the strictest “lockdowns” in the US and compare it to Canada, Europe, Oceana, Asia, or South America we’ve been lax as shit, so if we’re going to do this song and dance be consistent.
        1.) This requires more of an ego and more optimism than I can muster. Afghanistan hasn’t been mentioned outside of recently in years, most people either assumed we already left or stopped caring. This is not the result of the will of the people, and neither was Vietnam. Again, if that mattered, we never would’ve went to start with.

2.) Every time? Probably not, but I hope you recognize that when you do complain about those things, to most of the world you sound like one of the girls on Super Sweet Sixteen who’s throwing a fit because her daddy bought her a silver Benz instead of a black one. If I see a single post from any of you three praising the U.S. without also talking shit, it’ll be the first time. That’s not indicative of someone who claims to operate from a baseline that the U.S. is still a great place to live compared to 95% of the rest of the planet.

Comment

I know it’s not the point here. It was a dumb joke. This is FVSports.com, we do that here.

And yes, I will, and I will continue to do so. Reason being is collectively bashing the US en mass when the US fucks up can actually affect the US from fucking up in the future.

For example we’re getting out of Afghanistan in a very embarrassing way because it’s politically embarrassing way because American people bitched enough about it that there was people who voted for Trump and voted for Biden who both wanted our troops out of there. Neither party would be punished at this point for this embarrassment. You and Fres’ logic here (and I know you both want out of the Stan) is basically saying “yea, well this war is dumb and we’ve not accomplished anything but have you talked enough about Russia in Ukrainian. Now that’s a bad war and you should complain just as much about that.”

A bunch of Americans bashing N. Korea has ZERO affect on N. Korean human rights.

And bitching about our historic and current flaws doesn’t change that the US is a far better place to live with better ideals as a country than most parts of the world.
          No fucking clue why you threw my name in there. That statement has not a single shit nor fuck to do with my views, nor logic.
          Last edited by Fresneck; 08-21-2021, 07:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

No fucking clue why you threw my name in there. That statement has not a single shit nor fuck to do with my views, nor logic.

My bad

Comment

I wonder how much less HookEms would care if she and her people were Muslim.

Comment

I'm a consistent supporter of human rights. Wherever that may be. Not here to debate who is worse.

Seems like she has some pretty wild ideas as well, but if this is about doing our best as humanity to stop this kind of shit from happening in NK, yeah, I'm for that.

In terms of advocacy...with Asia, it's more about putting pressure on China. They're the puppet master with most of the poor Asian countries.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
                  I'm a consistent supporter of human rights. Wherever that may be. Not here to debate who is worse.
                  Except for white, tax paying, Americans. Especially those icky rural ones.

Comment

Except for white, tax paying, Americans. Especially those icky rural ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post

Rural people don't pay taxes?

We might be talking about different demographics

Comment

Rural farmers are almost certainly taking in more than they are paying out. Gotta get that new $80k diesel truck every two years...

Comment

And a hearty LOL at Hookems fake indignation over North Korea or whatever. I didn't even know where she is from because I don't care. There are terrible places in this world and NK is one of them.

I'm quite certain he has shared or at least liked one of the many posts on this forum that mock the homeless and/or street gang situation in those dirty librul cities.

Edit: he's got a thread on the 1st page and everything...

http://fvsports.com/forum/forum/poli...g-shot-by-cops

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Rural farmers are almost certainly taking in more than they are paying out. Gotta get that new $80k diesel truck every two years...
                            That system is available for everyone.

Comment

Do some rural individuals pay taxes? Absolutely.

But there's a lot more tax money coming in than going out in most rural areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post

Do some rural individuals pay taxes? Absolutely.

But there's a lot more tax money coming in than going out in most rural areas.
                                Fair...Then those folks are absolutely not the ones he's referring to.

Comment

Working...
                                X