Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeon-mi Park

Listened to the JRE episode with her today and it was fucking horrific. The rage I feel knowing that people are being subjected to this shit right here and now is indescribable. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to hear a first hand account of what living in a hell hole looks like and needs a reminder of why we should all be so thankful.

I've avoided that one intentionally.

The shit I read about and studied from an Intelligence perspective when I was in was enough for me to not want to deep dive into that horrific shit.

Comment

woops...we both used horrific...Although, it's about as applicable here as any place we'll ever see.

Comment

But hey, she lives in a place where there’s unified traditions along religious racial and communal lines so better than living in a miscellaneous economic zone.

Seriously though, I’ll check this out though when I’m in a mood to be sad. Some places have it really bad and it’s sad.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
          Listened to the JRE episode with her today and it was fucking horrific. The rage I feel knowing that people are being subjected to this shit right here and now is indescribable. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to hear a first hand account of what living in a hell hole looks like and needs a reminder of why we should all be so thankful.
          She lives in West Virginia?

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

She lives in West Virginia?
            Yeah, not gonna joke about this topic. Something about hearing a person talk about children eating rats because they’d rather risk dying of disease than starvation just takes the fun out of it.

Comment

It’s been a while. I need to go to more parks.

Comment

Leave it to the "I don't have a party" in-step marching band to show up and joke about something their supreme leaders tell them is completely okay and safe. Reality isn't important, 'long as that D is in their head.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post
                  Leave it to the "I don't have a party" in-step marching band to show up and joke about something their supreme leaders tell them is completely okay and safe. Reality isn't important, 'long as that D is in their head.
                  That’s why I never take any of their phony indignation and fear mongering seriously. Two of the people in this thread making jokes about millions of people suffering and dying in Holocaust level conditions on a countrywide scale are the same ones who screeched like banshees every time a one term president said something they didn’t like. They’re also very quick to bring up America’s sins, even shit that happened hundreds of years ago, but are surprisingly silent any time someone brings up the communist slaughterhouses of recent history or modern times.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

Having Wikipedia’d Park what in the ever living fuck did any of the snarky irrelevant comments have to do with anything she’s an activist against? Where’d this pro North Korea sentiment that you see from any supreme leader of any American political party?

Comment

That’s why I never take any of their phony indignation and fear mongering seriously. Two of the people in this thread making jokes about millions of people suffering and dying in Holocaust level conditions on a countrywide scale are the same ones who screeched like banshees every time a one term president said something they didn’t like. They’re also very quick to bring up America’s sins, even shit that happened hundreds of years ago, but are surprisingly silent any time someone brings up the communist slaughterhouses of recent history or modern times.

Personally I care more about America’s sins because I’m American and as Americans can do something about preventing American sins in the future. I can call our sins, of which there are many, while thinking we’re better than most countries that ever became superpowers.

North Korea being 1000000000x worse than us doesn’t mean the bad things we’ve done aren’t bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

Personally I care more about America’s sins because I’m American and as Americans can do something about preventing American sins in the future. I can call our sins, of which there are many, while thinking we’re better than most countries that ever became superpowers.

North Korea being 1000000000x worse than us doesn’t mean the bad things we’ve done aren’t bad.
                        See? I bring it up and they jump on it.

Comment

See? I bring it up and they jump on it.

What’s the solution for N. Korea? And I made a joke at you on you recent America is just an economic zone and not a country thing. Not at the plight of N. Korea.
                          Last edited by ivegostdacityblues; 08-14-2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

What’s the solution for N. Korea? And I made a joke at you on you recent America is just an economic zone and not a country thing. Not at the plight of N. Korea.
                            America is an economic zone, but that’s really not the point here. The point is you guys compulsively bash the U.S. like it’s your job but refuse to turn that same critical eye at seemingly anyone or anything else.

Comment

America is an economic zone, but that’s really not the point here. The point is you guys compulsively bash the U.S. like it’s your job but refuse to turn that same critical eye at seemingly anyone or anything else.

I know it’s not the point here. It was a dumb joke. This is FVSports.com, we do that here.

And yes, I will, and I will continue to do so. Reason being is collectively bashing the US en mass when the US fucks up can actually affect the US from fucking up in the future.

For example we’re getting out of Afghanistan in a very embarrassing way because it’s politically embarrassing way because American people bitched enough about it that there was people who voted for Trump and voted for Biden who both wanted our troops out of there. Neither party would be punished at this point for this embarrassment. You and Fres’ logic here (and I know you both want out of the Stan) is basically saying “yea, well this war is dumb and we’ve not accomplished anything but have you talked enough about Russia in Ukrainian. Now that’s a bad war and you should complain just as much about that.”

A bunch of Americans bashing N. Korea has ZERO affect on N. Korean human rights.

And bitching about our historic and current flaws doesn’t change that the US is a far better place to live with better ideals as a country than most parts of the world.

Comment

Working...
                              X