Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Yeah when I bought my house 7 years ago it had old wood shingles, and the HOA had to approve the color of my new ones on my new $17,000 roof. I almost just kept the wood ones....

I don't ask them shit anymore.

My brother-in-law put in a $20,000 wrought iron fence, and he wanted to see how far up to the front of the house he could put it. He waited 4 months, multiple emails and calls and no response. So he put the fence to the front of the house. They saw it and came back and said it can only be up to the back of the house. He said: "Fine, you pay to move it"

No response, no answers, and a year later that fence is still where it's at.
    I understand basic shit like making sure you keep up your yard and your house isn’t a disaster, but damn near every HOA I’ve encountered takes their mandate too far.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

I understand basic shit like making sure you keep up your yard and your house isn’t a disaster, but damn near every HOA I’ve encountered takes their mandate too far.
      Most HOA are run by a Karen and populated by lesser Karens.

Comment

What you don’t understand is that the politicians you vote for are in direct control of these police officers, and they’re just fine with the way they do things. They’ll shout the #BLM, but at the end of the day, they couldn’t give a shit less. Their use of force policies are still and always will be bullshit, and they still have wide latitude as far as questioning and detaining people.

People aren’t meant to live the way they’re living right now, in cities of millions of people who don’t know or care about one another. It’s not good for people, and it comes through in the form of cunty, annoying, and sometimes violent behavior. Uncle Ted was at least 80% right.
        You realize that cities are responsible for the advancement of culture, right? I get it. It’s not for you. While there are obviously advantages to living in the country, there are advantages to living in a city as well. You’re not going to often find museums or concert halls out in the country. You don’t have anywhere near the options in terms of food… although I freely admit that some of the best restaurants are nowhere near a city. Usually, populations are much more homogeneous, with little access to people of other cultures and backgrounds, although you might see this as a check in the plus column. I guess I could go on, but the truth is, if these things don’t matter to you, then the juice definitely isn’t worth the squeeze.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Most HOA are run by a Karen and populated by lesser Karens.
          It depends on the HOA, some are lax we have lots of people who break rules and no one bitches... Really mine is more don't paint your house turquoise or keep chicken coops in the backyard and you'll be alright.

The shingle thing happened when we moved in with a different Karen in charge.

My home value is also 3x what I paid for it now......

Comment

You realize that cities are responsible for the advancement of culture, right? I get it. It’s not for you. While there are obviously advantages to living in the country, there are advantages to living in a city as well. You’re not going to often find museums or concert halls out in the country. You don’t have anywhere near the options in terms of food… although I freely admit that some of the best restaurants are nowhere near a city. Usually, populations are much more homogeneous, with little access to people of other cultures and backgrounds, although you might see this as a check in the plus column. I guess I could go on, but the truth is, if these things don’t matter to you, then the juice definitely isn’t worth the squeeze.
            No, I don’t think that’s accurate. I think some people in cities are really good at identifying things that resonate with people and then mutilating, pimping out, and later on putting a dress on it, but they’re not producing more on average. You’re educated in music, do I really need to run down the long list of genres defined and created by people outside of that world? And don’t you dare try and claim any credit for hip-hop, because that doesn’t belong to “cities”, it belongs to the poor and disenfranchised that are tired of cowering in fear.

As far as your larger point goes, I understand that not everybody sees things the way I do or has the same value structure as me. Some people don’t mind being harassed through their daily life or turning a blind eye to horrific shit, and as long as there’s good restaurants and bars in the area, they’re good. I’m not like that. I value peace, isolation, familiarity, and actually being part of a community. When I lived in a metro area, I didn’t even want to know my neighbors, where I live now I know everybody.

And the diversity thing? Look, I don’t hate anyone. I don’t have the time or energy to devote to shit like that. But I’m not going to surround myself with the consequences of decades of shitty neoliberal policy. I’d rather just sit back with my banjo in my shack and wait for it to sort itself out, and if recent events are any indication, they probably will soon. God knows no ones coming for my poor hillbilly when looking to identify an oppressor.

Comment

No, I don’t think that’s accurate. I think some people in cities are really good at identifying things that resonate with people and then mutilating, pimping out, and later on putting a dress on it, but they’re not producing more on average. You’re educated in music, do I really need to run down the long list of genres defined and created by people outside of that world? And don’t you dare try and claim any credit for hip-hop, because that doesn’t belong to “cities”, it belongs to the poor and disenfranchised that are tired of cowering in fear.

As far as your larger point goes, I understand that not everybody sees things the way I do or has the same value structure as me. Some people don’t mind being harassed through their daily life or turning a blind eye to horrific shit, and as long as there’s good restaurants and bars in the area, they’re good. I’m not like that. I value peace, isolation, familiarity, and actually being part of a community. When I lived in a metro area, I didn’t even want to know my neighbors, where I live now I know everybody.

And the diversity thing? Look, I don’t hate anyone. I don’t have the time or energy to devote to shit like that. But I’m not going to surround myself with the consequences of decades of shitty neoliberal policy. I’d rather just sit back with my banjo in my shack and wait for it to sort itself out, and if recent events are any indication, they probably will soon. God knows no ones coming for my poor hillbilly when looking to identify an oppressor.
              Music: If we’re talking classical music, then yes, the overwhelming majority of it comes from cities, going back to when it was exclusive to the church. Art more or less falls under this category as well, as like music, it depended on patrons.

Hip-Hop music is derivative of many styles, but yes… the Bronx is more or less it’s birth place. That’s a fact, Jack.

Next. Harassment. I’m not generally harassed. I also live in a fairly affluent area and I don’t go out of my way to fuck with people. I know that the police harass folks, but again, I am not their target. There are areas of heinous poverty. That’s a fact of life in any city. And, it sucks.

To wit, I drove Über for a summer to fill the down time and to help pay for my car — I know, ironic, huh? But one time, I took a ride request in one of the worst of these neighborhoods. It was 7:30 in the morning and I was wide awake and had nothing to do. It ended up being a woman in her 50’s who needed a ride to work. She was in tears, thanking me for taking her. Apparently, most ride shares don’t often accept rides there — for obvious reasons — and she’s often late for work even though she starts looking for a ride hours before. The irony in this is that she lived just a few blocks away from the high-end fashion mall. I suggested that she walk over there to find a ride, which she started doing. It was truly sad, but I wouldn’t have picked her up much later than I did… that place gets nuts.

I think it all depends on where you live in a particular city.

Comment

Music: If we’re talking classical music, then yes, the overwhelming majority of it comes from cities, going back to when it was exclusive to the church. Art more or less falls under this category as well, as like music, it depended on patrons.

Hip-Hop music is derivative of many styles, but yes… the Bronx is more or less it’s birth place. That’s a fact, Jack.

Next. Harassment. I’m not generally harassed. I also live in a fairly affluent area and I don’t go out of my way to fuck with people. I know that the police harass folks, but again, I am not their target. There are areas of heinous poverty. That’s a fact of life in any city. And, it sucks.

To wit, I drove Über for a summer to fill the down time and to help pay for my car — I know, ironic, huh? But one time, I took a ride request in one of the worst of these neighborhoods. It was 7:30 in the morning and I was wide awake and had nothing to do. It ended up being a woman in her 50’s who needed a ride to work. She was in tears, thanking me for taking her. Apparently, most ride shares don’t often accept rides there — for obvious reasons — and she’s often late for work even though she starts looking for a ride hours before. The irony in this is that she lived just a few blocks away from the high-end fashion mall. I suggested that she walk over there to find a ride, which she started doing. It was truly sad, but I wouldn’t have picked her up much later than I did… that place gets nuts.

I think it all depends on where you live in a particular city.
                And there you have it. The world you live in is not the same world most people do, regardless of their geographic location. I know in your world a lack of melanin means you're immune from being terrorized by these assholes, but that's not the way it is everywhere. Anyone who's lived in a rural area can tell you horror stories about people ending up on the wrong side of local law enforcement, and everyone involved in the situation is white.

And seriously, I'm not retarded. I know cops fuck with black people, I've seen it myself many times, I just don't think it's a problem exclusive to them. Police fuck with poor people because a lot of cops are overgrown high school bullies and they know people of low means can't fight back. Bonus points if the person they're fucking with is mentally ill, handicapped, or otherwise too impaired to function.

Comment

And there you have it. The world you live in is not the same world most people do, regardless of their geographic location. I know in your world a lack of melanin means you're immune from being terrorized by these assholes, but that's not the way it is everywhere. Anyone who's lived in a rural area can tell you horror stories about people ending up on the wrong side of local law enforcement, and everyone involved in the situation is white.

And seriously, I'm not retarded. I know cops fuck with black people, I've seen it myself many times, I just don't think it's a problem exclusive to them. Police fuck with poor people because a lot of cops are overgrown high school bullies and they know people of low means can't fight back. Bonus points if the person they're fucking with is mentally ill, handicapped, or otherwise too impaired to function.
                  All fair points.

Comment

Supreme Court overturns Roe v Wade. Girls now have to have their rapists child in Texas and many other states according to the trigger laws.

Now we are going to have more of this as well.

Louisiana woman says her rapist was given custody of her child in ongoing court dispute
                    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc.../amp/rcna34140

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
                      Supreme Court overturns Roe v Wade. Girls now have to have their rapists child in Texas and many other states according to the trigger laws.

Louisiana woman says her rapist was given custody of her child in ongoing court dispute
                      All four of them. Meanwhile hundreds of thousands of innocent lives will be saved from systematic murder. This is a huge win for humanity. Pic related.

Comment

It's crazy that POS was given joint custody after raping a minor to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post

It's crazy that POS was given joint custody after raping a minor to begin with.
                          It’s crazy that you can carry out wide scale infanticide with a larger death toll than the Holocaust and everyone is only concerned about the occasional fringe case. I feel bad for people who end up in fucked up circumstances, but justice for them isn’t worth a mountain of dead babies and the two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Also, I think it’s funny how after so many people on this board lectured me about how evil it was to force a woman to have a rape baby, those same people are overwhelmed with sympathy for a mother fighting for custody of her rape baby. I thought the baby was so tainted, so irrevocably evil in its conception that she should want to kill it? Isn’t that the entire premise of your “less than 1% of abortions are rape babies so it should be legal without question” argument?
                          Last edited by tOSUfanboi2; 06-24-2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Clarence Thomas, concurring: "in future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell."

Basically Justice Thomas wants to be involved in your sexual decisions and overturn anything that gives gays rights.

Griswold v. Connecticut, 381 U.S. 479 (1965), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the Court ruled that the Constitution of the United States protects the liberty of married couples to buy and use contraceptives without government restriction.

Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the Court ruled that sanctions of criminal punishment for those who commit sodomy are unconstitutional.

Obergefell v. Hodges, 576 U.S. 644 (2015), is a landmark civil rights case in which the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the fundamental right to marry is guaranteed to same-sex couples by both the Due Process Clause and the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Comment

Clarence Thomas, concurring: "in future cases, we should reconsider all of this Court’s substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell."

Basically Justice Thomas wants to be involved in your sexual decisions and overturn anything that gives gays rights.

Griswold v. Connecticut, 381 U.S. 479 (1965), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the Court ruled that the Constitution of the United States protects the liberty of married couples to buy and use contraceptives without government restriction.

Lawrence v. Texas, 539 U.S. 558 (2003), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the Court ruled that sanctions of criminal punishment for those who commit sodomy are unconstitutional.

Obergefell v. Hodges, 576 U.S. 644 (2015), is a landmark civil rights case in which the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that the fundamental right to marry is guaranteed to same-sex couples by both the Due Process Clause and the Equal Protection Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution.
                              This is just the beginning, champ. You better buckle up for a hard back half of your life, because everything you support is about to get dunked on for decades in the only place that actually matters.

Comment

It’s crazy that you can carry out wide scale infanticide with a larger death toll than the Holocaust and everyone is only concerned about the occasional fringe case. I feel bad for people who end up in fucked up circumstances, but justice for them isn’t worth a mountain of dead babies and the two aren’t mutually exclusive.

Also, I think it’s funny how after so many people on this board lectured me about how evil it was to force a woman to have a rape baby, those same people are overwhelmed with sympathy for a mother fighting for custody of her rape baby. I thought the baby was so tainted, so irrevocably evil in its conception that she should want to kill it? Isn’t that the entire premise of your “less than 1% of abortions are rape babies so it should be legal without question” argument?
                                No one that I've seen here has said anything about anyone being forced to have a child conceived from rape, only that they should have the choice in those instances. You know that. And I haven't made that argument, at all. I haven't looked at the numbers. I'm sure if I did, it's more than what you're claiming.

Comment

Working...
                                X