Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McConnell warns Dems: overhauling filibuster will lead to 'scorched earth Senate'

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McConnell warns Dems: overhauling filibuster will lead to 'scorched earth Senate'

.Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell gave a stark warning Tuesday about how Republicans would grind the chamber to a halt if Democrats changed the filibuster rules, leading to a "completely scorched earth Senate."

McConnell also laid out the conservative agenda Republicans would swiftly move on the next time they take control of Congress and White House, most of which Democrats would vehemently oppose -- like defunding Planned Parenthood.

The pendulum would swing both ways, "and it would swing hard," he warned.

McConnell listed some of the legislation his party would move on when they're back in power.

"We wouldn't just erase every liberal change that hurt the country -- we'd strengthen America with all kinds of conservative policies with zero, zero input from the other side," he said pointing to how the GOP would move swiftly to defund sanctuary cities and Planned Parenthood, add new protections for the right to life of the unborn, work on concealed carry laws, and a new era of domestic energy production."
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/16/polit...nts/index.html

As funny as this may be, this sounds like the exact threat that Democrats will cave to.

As much as I find McConnell to be a feckless buffoon.... he's not wrong.

He made a similar warning years ago when Harry Reid changed the rules to favor the democrats. And he was absolutely right.

God, I now have to go barf.

Comment

Yeah what was McConnell's strategy for preventing Merrick Garland, getting Kavanaugh&Gorsuch installed as SCOTUS and preventing Trump's impeachment? If that wasn't scorched earth - then the dems have nothing to worry.

Fuck McConnell - he's not winning anything anymore. All that common wisdom of the president's party losing in the midterms should thrown out with the insurrectionists. McConnell needs to be warned daily that the motherfucker tried to over turn the elections

Comment

Reminds me of the skit at the end of this song, starts at 3:15

https://youtu.be/xn1qt87JtG8

Nobody’s afraid of you anymore, Mitch. Your base is dying off and your career is dying with them, so I hope you have plenty of lube handy, because you’re going to be spending the remainder of your days in the senate getting ass fucked.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
          Reminds me of the skit at the end of this song, starts at 3:15

https://youtu.be/xn1qt87JtG8

Nobody’s afraid of you anymore, Mitch. Your base is dying off and your career is dying with them, so I hope you have plenty of lube handy, because you’re going to be spending the remainder of your days in the senate getting ass fucked.
          That may be true. Mitch has been a very effective leader, but his popularity has waned through the years. I hate career politicians anyway, so fuck him.

But why is it Democrats don't think through their actions? Remember the nuclear option? Tell me that didn't backfire.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

That may be true. Mitch has been a very effective leader, but his popularity has waned through the years. I hate career politicians anyway, so fuck him.

But why is it Democrats don't think through their actions? Remember the nuclear option? Tell me that didn't backfire.
            You are a POS for voting for mitch and then crying when dems do the same thing as the top claiming both sides are corrupt

Comment

Mitch is good at what he does, the problem is that what he does is almost always wrong, and that’s why he needs to be told to sit down and shut up. If I was a Dem in the senate, I’d openly clown on him at every opportunity. Not bash his political stances, just straight up heckle him until he loses his shit and then beat his ass on the floor. And do you know why I’d do that? Because he’s a shitty human being, and that’s what he deserves.

Oh, and if anyone thinks that’s too rowdy, I’d like to remind everyone of the politicians we used to have. They’d straight up shoot each other in the street and proclaim victory.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                You are a POS for voting for mitch and then crying when dems do the same thing as the top claiming both sides are corrupt
                I didn't vote for Mitch.

I wish you weren't such a dumb fuck.

Comment

I didn't vote for Mitch.

I wish you weren't such a dumb fuck.
                  So you like people and not vote for them? Strange man you are

Comment

Mitch McConnell on Thursday ruled out support from his Republicans for President Joe Biden's new infrastructure plan, all but ensuring that the proposal will have to pass with lockstep Democratic unity in the Senate.
                    At an event in Kentucky, the Senate Republican leader pilloried the $2.5 trillion infrastructure proposal as exacerbating the debt and raising taxes. McConnell said the bill would not get a single Senate GOP vote, despite the White House's bipartisan outreach.
                    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...pending-478829

What? I thought this would only happen if the Democrats nuked the filibuster.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...pending-478829

What? I thought this would only happen if the Democrats nuked the filibuster.

"You're either alarmed about the level of national debt and the future impact of that on our children and our grandchildren or you aren't," he said. "My view of infrastructure is we ought to build that which we can afford, and not either whack the economy with major tax increases or run up the national debt even more."

LMFAO

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

"You're either alarmed about the level of national debt and the future impact of that on our children and our grandchildren or you aren't," he said. "My view of infrastructure is we ought to build that which we can afford, and not either whack the economy with major tax increases or run up the national debt even more."

LMFAO
                        Tax the corporations - those motherfuckers made pots of money during the covid. We'll take our chances.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

LMFAO
                          He’s barely even trying anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

He’s barely even trying anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            He doesn't need to. The majority of this country has been mystified into voting against their class interests because their invisible sky daddy doesn't like those people over there having sex with each other and there're people out there who are getting things without working for them who have a slightly different skin tone than they do.

Comment

McConnell is going to be an obstructionist hypocritical POS no matter what. Fuck the filibuster. Let's move it back to the talking filibuster and let these old fucks talk for 30 hours till they keel over dead.

Comment

Working...
                              X