Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump DOJ Refused to Investigate Sec. Elaine Chao

https://www.mediaite.com/news/just-i...ecommendation/

The details of DOT IG’s 44-page report were revealed in the New York Times on Tuesday afternoon, which laid out the claims that Chao repeatedly misused her office to benefit her family and its business interests in China. The internal agency probe of Chao, who is married to Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, was prompted by a 2019 Times exposé that revealed how Trump’s top Transportation official had pressed aides into tasks and personal errands for her family in the run-up to a (subsequently) cancelled trip to China that was to include her father and brother.
    The investigators also found that she repeatedly asked agency staff members to help do chores for her father, including editing her father’s Wikipedia page, promoting his Chinese-language biography, and directing two staff members from the transportation secretary’s office to send a copy of her father’s book “to a well-known C.E.O. of a major U.S. corporation” to ask if he would write a foreword for the book.

In one instance, staff members for Ms. Chao’s office were assigned in 2017 to check with the Department of Homeland Security on the status of a work permit application for a foreign student studying in the United States who had received a scholarship from a Chao family foundation, the report said. The student, according to the report, had interviewed Ms. Chao’s father, James Chao, at the New York headquarters of the family’s shipping company in order to share Mr. Chao’s experience “with Chinese millennials.”
    The swamp!

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
    I don't know how Elaine Chow reacted to Trump's trade war with China. She couldn't have been happy

Comment

I for one am shocked!

Comment

Why isn't she in Guantanamo?

Comment

It is pretty remarkable just how insanely corrupt the entire Trump admin was and yet people still believe he was draining the swamp.

I'll never ever ever understand it. I mean, stupidity, selfishness and racism only explain so much.

Comment

But Biden is controlled by the Chinese!

Comment

I read about this. It’s pretty obvious the media is going through post-Trump withdrawal right now and has to find something related to him to report on. Prayers sent.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
                I read about this. It’s pretty obvious the media is going through post-Trump withdrawal right now and has to find something related to him to report on. Prayers sent.
                Meanwhile, right right media is covering such riveting and important topics as how ugly and unpresidential Biden's dogs are.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post

Meanwhile, right right media is covering such riveting and important topics as how ugly and unpresidential Biden's dogs are.
                  Bro, even their own audience of racist mongoloids has abandoned them, what makes you think they’re doing a good job?

Comment

Maybe this isn't as compelling as Mr Potato Head, Dr Seuss, etc. But this is a misuse of public office which the Trump Administration blew off. Elaine Chao had Department of Transportation staffers doing chores for her 90 yr old father who owns a privately held shipping company which fleet of 33 ships is valued at $1.2 billion.

Comment

Maybe this isn't as compelling as Mr Potato Head, Dr Seuss, etc. But this is a misuse of public office which the Trump Administration blew off. Elaine Chao had Department of Transportation staffers doing chores for her 90 yr old father who owns a privately held shipping company which fleet of 33 ships is valued at $1.2 billion.
                      I mean what the fuck do you people expect? This is what these people do.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post
                        But Biden is controlled by the Chinese!
                        I've said it once, and I'll say it again: It's all PROJECTION. That's their entire schtick.

Comment

Yes. Another fun fact. Unless they’re Epstein-level fucked up, they don’t go down. Shit... he ALMOST got away with it.

Comment

I expect these people to do this shit but I also want them held accountable.

Comment

I expect these people to do this shit but I also want them held accountable.
                              Fair enough, but maybe it’s time to start bumping up the punishments and get some heavy mandatory sentences.

Comment

Working...
                              X