Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOP are trying to pass all kinds of election laws.

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Trust the plan. Two more weeks.
    Again. It’s August. So sayeth MyPillowGuy.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
      What changed?

Everything. Can't give food or water to people waiting in line? Clearly restricting mail in ballots and restricting people registering for run off elections.

Dude, stop
      Parties can’t give food and water 150 feet from a polling location. They still CAN at 151 feet. Poll workers CAN give water. You CAN bring your own. See, knew you didnt read it.
      Changing the request dates for a ballot is not a restriction. requiring the same identification as in person voting is not a restriction. Allowing the mail-in ballot request to be submitted online is not a restriction. Requiring by law that all counties have at least one ballot drop box is not restriction. Forcing polling places with wait lines of more than an hour to hire more poll workers, is not a restriction.
      You clearly don’t know what you are talking about. Been getting your marching orders from CNN again?

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post
        https://news.yahoo.com/georgia-lawma...175102413.html

We all know what these laws are designed to do - intimidate. If a black legislator can go to jail for 8 years for questioning the voter laws, then all other black voters should be put on notice. Best not even vote.
        Intimidate how? Serious question. How would these changes allegedly stop you from, or intimidate you during, voting? In person or by mail.?

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Bad optics. And yes, when you pass a law to “fix” things that aren’t broken, I think we all know what’s going on. Georgia Republicans just don’t like what went down. THAT’S what they’re trying to fix. It’s their way of trying to wrest control from what they see as a turning tide.
          Do we all know what’s going on? Explain it to me. I don’t see anything that intimidates. I see security of votes cast, and I see additional resources in community’s that have long waits. How are long lines over an hour, something that isn’t broken? Why would you be against adding poll workers? What’s wrong with making sure the process is secure? There is nothing in the bill that restricts voting. It allows for more early voting days, Sunday voting and 7am-7pm voting in all counties. How is that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by DynastyFSU2 View Post

Do we all know what’s going on? Explain it to me. I don’t see anything that intimidates. I see security of votes cast, and I see additional resources in community’s that have long waits. How are long lines over an hour, something that isn’t broken? Why would you be against adding poll workers? What’s wrong with making sure the process is secure? There is nothing in the bill that restricts voting. It allows for more early voting days, Sunday voting and 7am-7pm voting in all counties. How is that bad?
            You know? I could go over every aspect. Like, the punitive measure of removing Raffensberger’s elected position. But, it’s really no use, as you’ve proven that, if a Republican does it, it’s good.

With this law, Georgia is predicating it on the “feeling” that the election process is insecure, without any tangible evidence to support it. Again, it’s a “solution” without a problem.

Therefore, if there is no evidence of a problem, one has to wonder what they’re trying to fix. And, let’s be honest. If Georgia had voted for Trump and elected Republicans to the Senate, they would not be pursuing this law. Nothing, in their eyes would be broken. There would be nothing to fix.

But, rather than ask themselves why they lost, they simply want to make it harder to lose going forward. That’s the reason for this. That’s the bottom line. You’re simply okay with it, as it’s custom-designed to help Republican.

The end.

Comment

People love pointing out the food and water thing because it is a tangible thing that everyone can understand. But that's not the key part of the bill. The key part is that it allows the state legislature the power to overrule local elections boards if they don't like what they see.

We were largely okay in Nov/Dec of 2020 because existing laws on the books in Michigan, Georgia, Pennsylvania etc all provided safeguards against the state legislature just overturning the results. It provided the Sec of State and Governor with the power to conduct elections as pursuant to the rules put forth by the state legislature and state courts. If the legislature voted to overturn the result and send their own electors (which some did), the laws on the books defaulted to the Sec of State's certification.

The rule in Georgia now removes that power and puts it on the table of the legislature. Michigan is currently doing the same and getting around Whitmer's veto with a petition. So those safeguards won't exist in several key states for 2022 and 2024. So Biden can win those states narrowly in 2024 and they will just overturn the result.

It is hard to really describe just how impressively fucked our democracy is right now. We dodged a bullet in 2020 but the GOP just reloaded with a minigun.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post
                People love pointing out the food and water thing because it is a tangible thing that everyone can understand. But that's not the key part of the bill. The key part is that it allows the state legislature the power to overrule local elections boards if they don't like what they see.

We were largely okay in Nov/Dec of 2020 because existing laws on the books in Michigan, Georgia, Pennsylvania etc all provided safeguards against the state legislature just overturning the results. It provided the Sec of State and Governor with the power to conduct elections as pursuant to the rules put forth by the state legislature and state courts. If the legislature voted to overturn the result and send their own electors (which some did), the laws on the books defaulted to the Sec of State's certification.

The rule in Georgia now removes that power and puts it on the table of the legislature. Michigan is currently doing the same and getting around Whitmer's veto with a petition. So those safeguards won't exist in several key states for 2022 and 2024. So Biden can win those states narrowly in 2024 and they will just overturn the result.

It is hard to really describe just how impressively fucked our democracy is right now. We dodged a bullet in 2020 but the GOP just reloaded with a minigun.
                Yeah. It’s pretty fucked up.

Comment

Marco Rubio is demanding the MLB commish turn in his membership card to Augusta.

Gov. Abbot has declined to throw the first pitch at the Ranger's home opener

Aren't these the two fucks who attacked Kemp for approving the elections in GA? Kemp is toast whether he supports the voting changes or not.

Hey republican fuck faces:

The Allstar game was moved because the players said they would not play if still in Georgia.
                  Republicans hate when the will of the people invokes change!
                  Last edited by sctrojan; 04-05-2021, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X