Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOP are trying to pass all kinds of election laws.

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GOP are trying to pass all kinds of election laws.

    So they couldn't overturn the 2020 elections but now trying to keep people (blacks and liberals) from voting.

    https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/25/polit...ers/index.html



    You tried to stop us by gumming up the USPS - we protested and the USPS had to given in. Come at us again and we'll bury you fucks
    Last edited by sctrojan; 02-25-2021, 06:28 PM.

  • #2
    I hope they keep your retarded ass from voting. We’ve got enough of you.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
      I hope they keep your retarded ass from voting. We’ve got enough of you.
      They can't because I'm rich and elite (usc degree)

      Comment


      • #4
        https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...-help-n1259305

        I mean, at least they are honest here. These laws are designed to help Republicans win, not protecting any election integrity.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DPR View Post
          https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...-help-n1259305

          I mean, at least they are honest here. These laws are designed to help Republicans win, not protecting any election integrity.
          Lets be honest here - its designed to hurt the blacks......plain and simple.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DPR View Post
            https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...-help-n1259305

            I mean, at least they are honest here. These laws are designed to help Republicans win, not protecting any election integrity.
            If they argue that their motivations are political rather than racial, they generally are allowed to continue doing it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Thank God for the liberal justices on the SCOTUS:


              Michael Carvin, a lawyer for the Arizona Republican Party, argued in his brief that states have broad power to enact laws restricting the “time, place, or manner” where voters cast their ballots — though he rapidly back-pedaled after Justice Elena Kagan suggested that this proposed rule would allow a state to require all voters to cast their ballots at, say, country clubs.

              GOP lawyers are getting their asses handed


              https://www.vox.com/2021/3/2/2230932...rett-kavanuagh

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Spartan View Post

                If they argue that their motivations are political rather than racial, they generally are allowed to continue doing it.
                That's what I'm curious about. They used that line in North Carolina by saying they weren't trying to suppress the black vote because they were black but rather because black people tend to vote for Democrats.

                It'll probably work because Gorsuch, Thomas, Alito, Roberts, Kavanaugh and Barrett weren't put on the court to end abortion but rather to strip the VRA and block any efforts to replace it.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DPR View Post

                  That's what I'm curious about. They used that line in North Carolina by saying they weren't trying to suppress the black vote because they were black but rather because black people tend to vote for Democrats.

                  It'll probably work because Gorsuch, Thomas, Alito, Roberts, Kavanaugh and Barrett weren't put on the court to end abortion but rather to strip the VRA and block any efforts to replace it.
                  I would be legit shocked if Roberts signed off on this.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Deschet View Post

                    I would be legit shocked if Roberts signed off on this.
                    He wouldn't need to. He's the 6th vote in a 5 vote majority.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Spartan View Post

                      He wouldn't need to. He's the 6th vote in a 5 vote majority.
                      Perhaps.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Deschet View Post

                        I would be legit shocked if Roberts signed off on this.
                        Huh? Roberts signed off on Shelby v Holder. One of his consistencies over the past 15 years has been voter suppression.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          So people don't need the government telling them to wear a mask during a pandemic but we do need the government telling us we can't vote early, absentee, or on weekends?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post
                            So people don't need the government telling them to wear a mask during a pandemic but we do need the government telling us we can't vote early, absentee, or on weekends?
                            It’s so funny to see my anti-vote-by-mail friends on FB. Their arguments, once distilled, hinge on some curious logic.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Deschet View Post

                              It’s so funny to see my anti-vote-by-mail friends on FB. Their arguments, once distilled, hinge on some curious logic.
                              Curious logic appears magically on the politics board on a daily basis.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X