Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BChris View Post

Some folks gave zero fucks about this shit when baby hands da bitch was potus. Too funny.
    Further proof actual policy doesn't actually matter anymore, only "owning the libs."

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Further proof actual policy doesn't actually matter anymore, only "owning the libs."
      That certainly has become a major motivator. I honestly think many feel they were “trolled” by Obama when he was POTUS. Intentionally or not, he really got under some folks’ skin to a crazy extent. They viewed Trump as revenge. And, the GOP followed suit.

Comment

Serwer's latest piece in the Atlantic is perfect. As he stood in front of his gas-powered stove boiling water to avoid freezing to death in Texas, he said to himself "this is all so stupid". Texas GOP politics has been full-culture war for a decade and the result is an entire state burning parts of their homes to stay warm.

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

That certainly has become a major motivator. I honestly think many feel they were “trolled” by Obama when he was POTUS. Intentionally or not, he really got under some folks’ skin to a crazy extent. They viewed Trump as revenge. And, the GOP followed suit.
        Obama was a black man that broke all of the racist stereotypes they carefully created of black men over the years and it broke their brains a bit. He was a smart, charismatic man who was a good father, loyal husband and worked hard at his job. It's why they worked so hard to cast him as an aloof, stupid person born in Kenya. Not a real American. Oh, and Michelle was a man.

Comment

What DPR said is most poignant, in that the larger issue than detention, was family separation and it being in as young as children 3 months old, losing thousands of children, and arguing that detention facilities didn't need to have toothbrushes, blankets, etc.

The second issue under Trump was that the awful facilities(which were temporary under Obama), were first going to be permanent until the courts shut them down.

In the present case you listed, these children are ages 13-17 who are already UNACCOMPANIED until they can transfer and place them.
          I still think there are better options for the Biden admin to go down, certainly, and I will criticize the facilities as inadequate and degrading, just like I did with Obama.

TL;DR: Family separation and abuse of children is not the same as temporarily detaining teenagers who are already by themselves in adequate facilities. Biden/Obama are wrong, but comparing it to Trump's actions shows a complete lack of understanding on the issue.
          Translation: I literally make this shit up as I go along to justify my biases as I see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Translation: I literally make this shit up as I go along to justify my biases as I see fit.
            *holds up mirror*

Comment

Originally posted by Nash View Post

*holds up mirror*
              Point out the post where I talked about refusing to associate with people based on a policy decision. Grant brought this on himself with his histrionic tirade about muh child separation, when everybody knows the Biden admin is 100% doing the same shit.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Point out the post where I talked about refusing to associate with people based on a policy decision. Grant brought this on himself with his histrionic tirade about muh child separation, when everybody knows the Biden admin is 100% doing the same shit.
                You know why American politics sucks ass? Because people fail to see any nuance. It's how Trump was elected the first time and it is how future idiots will work their way into higher office.

I don't know the specifics of these tents. I assume that they are housing teens who are already unaccompanied. Trump's policy was to specifically separate young children, infants even, from their parents for extended periods of time as a deterrent not to come to America (or we'll hide your kids).

If it comes out that this tent is designed to do the same thing Trump was doing, then I hope Biden gets tossed out of office ASAP.

Comment

Working...
                X