Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One thing I'm still trying to wrap my head around...

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Uh, everyone has waged a culture war since the dawn of humankind. That's kind of my point.

And Republicans aren't going to introduce legislation to force Hasbro to give a potato a penis. They'll just put "in god we trust" on all of our money, require schools to recite the pledge of allegiance every morning, sign contracts with sports leagues to fly jets overhead and glorify the military, and introduce hundreds of pieces of legislation pushing Christian BS into public schools in all 50 states. There is a lot more to it than that, but you get the idea.

This notion that Republicans only recently took up culture wars is absolutely fucking maniacal.
    I mean you’re both right in your own way, but the point is, for the VAST majority of us who don’t give a shit about any of this, it’s a serious annoyance. Most of these issues are on the fringe and only effect a small minority of people, yet we’re supposed to listen to messaging about it 24/7/365 while the douches in congress tell us $15 an hour is too much and 80k a year is rich? Fuck off.

Comment

Working...
    X