Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One thing I'm still trying to wrap my head around...

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Chicken vs egg.
    China seems to lean in my direction, and if all goes according to plan, we should settle this argument once and for all in another 10 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

China seems to lean in my direction, and if all goes according to plan, we should settle this argument once and for all in another 10 years or so.
      China has a demographic time bomb that's about to turn them into Japan. Song Jian fucked them hard with the one child policy. I wouldn't be surprised if their government fell in the next 30 years.

Comment

China has a demographic time bomb that's about to turn them into Japan. Song Jian fucked them hard with the one child policy. I wouldn't be surprised if their government fell in the next 30 years.
        I was referring specifically to their attempts to genetically engineer superior human beings, which they’ve already started doing. The results of that should settle the nature vs nurture debate once and for all.

Comment

I was referring specifically to their attempts to genetically engineer superior human beings, which they’ve already started doing. The results of that should settle the nature vs nurture debate once and for all.
          I see. Well, the emperor protects.

Comment

I see. Well, the emperor protects.
            Check it out: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00001-y

Comment

Fucking Covid failed to solve India's over population problem. Those fucking dotheads seem to be immune to covid. - only 125K deaths

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Fucking Covid failed to solve India's over population problem. Those fucking dotheads seem to be immune to covid. - only 125K deaths
                I think India is lying about deaths like China did. But I don't know how many people it actually killed.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

Blaming the 9th circuit and Obama is just incredibly ignorant. The policy was put into place during the Trump administration.

Your argument essentially appears to be that "Trump had no choice"..but...that's just wrong. The 9th circuit made the ruling under Obama in 2016 and his response(nor Joe Biden's) was not to separate families and lock kids in cages for 22 hours a day without basic needs.

I don't know what else to tell you.
                  I know the whole Child Separation policy and other Stephen Miller/Sessions bullshit was different. But this does seem partly true.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

I think India is lying about deaths like China did. But I don't know how many people it actually killed.
                    I think in India’s case there’s a much better chance they just don’t know. It’s pretty hard to keep track of a billion people, especially when a large percentage of them are basically living in third world conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

I know the whole Child Separation policy and other Stephen Miller/Sessions bullshit was different. But this does seem partly true.

100% fair to say it's partly true, which is why I've criticized the facilities under all 3 presidents.

However, the thing I criticized most harshly under Trump was the family separation policy, which has not occurred under Biden or Obama.

Comparing 13-17 year olds who came by themselves in cages(Biden)...

...to separating all children(as young as 2-3 months old and still breastfeeding) from their parents and having other kids die in custody and losing thousands of kids(Trump) and keeping kids inside for 22 hours a day...and making arguments in court that kids don't need soap or a toothbrush...( I could go on)

Well, there's more than a little nuance to it.

Comment

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post

100% fair to say it's partly true, which is why I've criticized the facilities under all 3 presidents.

However, the thing I criticized most harshly under Trump was the family separation policy, which has not occurred under Biden or Obama.

Comparing 13-17 year olds who came by themselves in cages(Biden)...

...to separating all children(as young as 2-3 months old and still breastfeeding) from their parents and having other kids die in custody and losing thousands of kids(Trump) and keeping kids inside for 22 hours a day...and making arguments in court that kids don't need soap or a toothbrush...( I could go on)

Well, there's more than a little nuance to it.
                        I 100000% guarantee you the exact same shit is going on right here, right now, and the only difference is how it’s being reported. Want to know how I know? Because while faggots like you and the media were collectively blowing each other over Obama’s approach to Iraq and how it was “winding down”, guys I know were getting shot at and blown the fuck up. That was when I realized once and for all that, while the media is necessary, it’s also completely full of shit and/or willfully ignorant when it suits their biases.

Bur sure, believe whatever you want. Biden came in, made a few calls, and it was all fixed. There was no logistical challenges at all in how to place and properly care for thousands of people currently in custody, they just fixed it right up. That’s totally how the real world works.

Comment

I 100000% guarantee you the exact same shit is going on right here, right now, and the only difference is how it’s being reported. Want to know how I know? Because while faggots like you and the media were collectively blowing each other over Obama’s approach to Iraq and how it was “winding down”, guys I know were getting shot at and blown the fuck up. That was when I realized once and for all that, while the media is necessary, it’s also completely full of shit and/or willfully ignorant when it suits their biases.

Bur sure, believe whatever you want. Biden came in, made a few calls, and it was all fixed. There was no logistical challenges at all in how to place and properly care for thousands of people currently in custody, they just fixed it right up. That’s totally how the real world works.
                          Easy now. Democrat pixie dust is some potent shit.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

I have never once suggested immigration is a bad thing. LEGAL immigration. And as far as Trump using Obama's cages, there's a lot more to this story than you will ever come to terms with, including the 9th Circuit Court's fucking up the laws regarding incarceration of law breakers.

If you can't get my name out of your mouth, at least represent me honestly.
                            Okay. Methinks this requires a bit of a history lesson. Let’s again get into the Way Back Machine and go back to the 19th Century, for most of which, we had no true national immigration policy.

While there were certainly tensions when Northern European immigrants — like the Irish, who were once considered by their continental counterparts as mutts and not “white”, for whatever fucked up reason — it took us until 1882, with the Chinese Exclusion Act, to set any sort of policy excluding people from immigrating, legal or otherwise.

To distill all of this down, we were mostly cool with immigrants coming over if they mostly looked like us... that is to say, white. It was only when a small group — .002% of the population — came over and who looked and acted more foreign — that we took action.

Before that? The 1790 Naturalization Act was all we had, which states “any alien, being a free white person,” can become a citizen after living here a number of years. This law still technically stands, and has been circumvented liberally over the years.

Let’s jump to the 1924 Immigration Act, which gave caps and quotas. These were largely preferential to Northern and Western European folks, while vastly curtailing those from “less-white nations”.

The first attempt to curtail immigration from Central and South America came in the 60’s. Before that time, there was an influx/efflux of Mexican immigration. This ended in 1965.

My point is, illegal immigration is a much newer issue than some purport it to be. But, it’s still predicated on the same basic logic as all prior immigration laws have been based, which is a hierarchy of desirability, with whiter nations occupying the higher strata.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Okay. Methinks this requires a bit of a history lesson. Let’s again get into the Way Back Machine and go back to the 19th Century, for most of which, we had no true national immigration policy.

While there were certainly tensions when Northern European immigrants — like the Irish, who were once considered by their continental counterparts as mutts and not “white”, for whatever fucked up reason — it took us until 1882, with the Chinese Exclusion Act, to set any sort of policy excluding people from immigrating, legal or otherwise.

To distill all of this down, we were mostly cool with immigrants coming over if they mostly looked like us... that is to say, white. It was only when a small group — .002% of the population — came over and who looked and acted more foreign — that we took action.

Before that? The 1790 Naturalization Act was all we had, which states “any alien, being a free white person,” can become a citizen after living here a number of years. This law still technically stands, and has been circumvented liberally over the years.

Let’s jump to the 1924 Immigration Act, which gave caps and quotas. These were largely preferential to Northern and Western European folks, while vastly curtailing those from “less-white nations”.

The first attempt to curtail immigration from Central and South America came in the 60’s. Before that time, there was an influx/efflux of Mexican immigration. This ended in 1965.

My point is, illegal immigration is a much newer issue than some purport it to be. But, it’s still predicated on the same basic logic as all prior immigration laws have been based, which is a hierarchy of desirability, with whiter nations occupying the higher strata.
                              Someone just moved in next door. Do you hope they’re from Stockholm and have a masters degree or Sudan and watched their mother get raped and murdered? Honest answers only please.

Comment

Someone just moved in next door. Do you hope they’re from Stockholm and have a masters degree or Sudan and watched their mother get raped and murdered? Honest answers only please.
                                I would want them to be normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X