Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One thing I'm still trying to wrap my head around...

Collapse

Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One thing I'm still trying to wrap my head around...

There's lots of examples, but I'll stick to one in my field.

Democrats/Republicans/Liberals/Conservatives, whatever you want to call them have had a general debate over whether more or less immigration is a good thing and whether or not we should give reprieve to those brought here as children who only know America as their home.

I think these are all reasonable and important debates. Of course I think I'm right, but generally, if someone feels like hey, economically, it's better for the American worker if we have less immigrants "taking jobs", I'm not going to think less of that person as a human being. This was the general sphere of our debates prior to Trump.

So my question is: How the fuck did that get to it's ok to lock little kids in cages for 22 hours a day and take them from their parents and then lose them?!?! and Ban Mooslims!

I know most of the crowd around here outside of Dynazi Cat came around to see Trump for what he was, but there's still like 40% of the U.S. population that STILL has Trump's nuts in their mouth and are yelling BOTH SIDES!

What's the root of this?

Originally posted by General_Grantlocks View Post
    There's lots of examples, but I'll stick to one in my field.

Democrats/Republicans/Liberals/Conservatives, whatever you want to call them have had a general debate over whether more or less immigration is a good thing and whether or not we should give reprieve to those brought here as children who only know America as their home.

I think these are all reasonable and important debates. Of course I think I'm right, but generally, if someone feels like hey, economically, it's better for the American worker if we have less immigrants "taking jobs", I'm not going to think less of that person as a human being. This was the general sphere of our debates prior to Trump.

So my question is: How the fuck did that get to it's ok to lock little kids in cages for 22 hours a day and take them from their parents and then lose them?!?! and Ban Mooslims!

I know most of the crowd around here outside of Dynazi Cat came around to see Trump for what he was, but there's still like 40% of the U.S. population that STILL has Trump's nuts in their mouth and are yelling BOTH SIDES!

What's the root of this?
    I have never once suggested immigration is a bad thing. LEGAL immigration. And as far as Trump using Obama's cages, there's a lot more to this story than you will ever come to terms with, including the 9th Circuit Court's fucking up the laws regarding incarceration of law breakers.

If you can't get my name out of your mouth, at least represent me honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by daCat View Post

I have never once suggested immigration is a bad thing. LEGAL immigration. And as far as Trump using Obama's cages, there's a lot more to this story than you will ever come to terms with, including the 9th Circuit Court's fucking up the laws regarding incarceration of law breakers.

Who here actually falls for this shit anymore? You say you want legal immigration and then support politicians who make legal immigration damn near impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Who here actually falls for this shit anymore? You say you want legal immigration and then support politicians who make legal immigration damn near impossible.
        Can you support this statement, or shall I just go ahead and file it as another of your made up stories?

Comment

Can you support this statement, or shall I just go ahead and file it as another of your made up stories?
          Trump used that "I support LEGAL immigration" line throughout 2016 and much of his presidency. We all know what you mean when you say that.

Comment

Careful Grant or DaCat will ban you like he got me and DPR banned for calling him a racist Trump voter

Comment

I'm with dacat, I don't mind if someone gets their citizenship here.. Congrats to them.

I don't want people hopping the border and being annexed as voters by a Political party, not do I want to pay for them when we have our own homeless to take care of.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post
                I'm with dacat, I don't mind if someone gets their citizenship here.. Congrats to them.

I don't want people hopping the border and being annexed as voters by a Political party, not do I want to pay for them when we have our own homeless to take care of.
                Latino voters in Texas voted roughly 60/40 in 2020. While they tilt blue, they are hardly some massive rock solid voter bloc for Democrats.

Comment

Bullshit. People don't come here illegally to become homeless. That's a meme. Illegals are some of the hardest workers I've ever met.

Comment

You do know that even if illegals were all allowed to stay its not like they can vote tomorrow.

None of you people who are not immigration attorneys (like Grant) or have been actual immigrants who have gone through the process (like Me) should talk about "legal immigration"

we all want the immigration process to work - but perhaps lets think out of the box - better to annex El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras and declare them as US territory and start building up their economies like we have done for Puerto Rico. Will people complain? Sure - but once they see the benefits - they'll STFU. Today nobody in PR actually wants to secede from the US and have to fend for themselves. They would much rather talk about statehood.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Trump used that "I support LEGAL immigration" line throughout 2016 and much of his presidency. We all know what you mean when you say that.
                      I'll take that as a no, you can't back it up.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Careful Grant or DaCat will ban you like he got me and DPR banned for calling him a racist Trump voter
                        I wish you weren't an idiot, aside from all evidence pointing to the contrary.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post

Bullshit. People don't come here illegally to become homeless. That's a meme. Illegals are some of the hardest workers I've ever met.
                          Some are, some are just criminals. Either way, there are legal means to get here for the work. When it comes right down to it, the people most upset by illegal immigration are those who did it legally.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

You do know that even if illegals were all allowed to stay its not like they can vote tomorrow.

None of you people who are not immigration attorneys (like Grant) or have been actual immigrants who have gone through the process (like Me) should talk about "legal immigration"

we all want the immigration process to work - but perhaps lets think out of the box - better to annex El Salvador, Nicaragua, Honduras and declare them as US territory and start building up their economies like we have done for Puerto Rico. Will people complain? Sure - but once they see the benefits - they'll STFU. Today nobody in PR actually wants to secede from the US and have to fend for themselves. They would much rather talk about statehood.
                            There is so much wrong about this, and some partly right for all the wrong reasons. I don't know where to start.

Comment

I know the full story inside and out. There's a lot to it, but the ultimate decision by the Trump administration(Jeff Sessions and Stephen Miller in particular) was to put the kids in cages and separate their parents(and then subsequently lose them) from them as their "solution."

There's no getting around that or "but Obama" or "But 9th circuit!" about that. There is no world in which child abuse is a humane policy.

The fact that you are still trying to spin that is exactly why you are Dynazi Cat, because nobody else here is.
                              Last edited by General_Grantlocks; 02-10-2021, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X