Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

Republicans see it the other way around. A true centrist will tell you they are equally useless and corrupt.

Comment

Yes, the asshole Republicans are trying to block the covid aid, just like the Democrats tried to block it when Republicans were in charge.
      I like how daCat needs to invent a new reality just so his asinine talking points can exist. If Democrats tried blocking COVID aid in 2020, then COVID aid wouldn't have passed because Democrats held the House.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...rus-aid-199890

McConnell was the #1 hurdle to COVID aid throughout all of 2020. There are countless posts by me stating how I was completely befuddled by the GOP's intransigence towards COVID aid since it was obviously a political winner for Trump. Trump himself at one point in October objected to new COVID stimulus.

I'm pretty sure every Democrat, or at least 95% of them, supported stimulus in 2020.

If you want to object to how Democrats act, then go for it. Just don't lie about it.

Comment

It's been said many times here. We have to figure out a way to keep big money out of politics. Otherwise we get more of the same from either party.
        Do you support HR1? It just passed the House with only Democratic votes. It does a lot of things, including cutting out dark money in campaign spending.

But both sides are the same, right?

Comment

It's been said many times here. We have to figure out a way to keep big money out of politics. Otherwise we get more of the same from either party.
          I'm not sure Republicans are for that at all. They still support the guy who was on the Apprentice and used the WH to enrich himself/family. They are the people that supported Citizens United which declared the 2002 Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act which prohibited any corporation or labor union from making an "electioneering communication" within 30 days of a primary or 60 days of an election, or making any expenditure advocating the election or defeat of a candidate at any time as unconstitutional.

Originally posted by DPR View Post

I like how daCat needs to invent a new reality just so his asinine talking points can exist. If Democrats tried blocking COVID aid in 2020, then COVID aid wouldn't have passed because Democrats held the House.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...rus-aid-199890

McConnell was the #1 hurdle to COVID aid throughout all of 2020. There are countless posts by me stating how I was completely befuddled by the GOP's intransigence towards COVID aid since it was obviously a political winner for Trump. Trump himself at one point in October objected to new COVID stimulus.

I'm pretty sure every Democrat, or at least 95% of them, supported stimulus in 2020.

If you want to object to how Democrats act, then go for it. Just don't lie about it.
          Democrats voted against Republican $500 billion stimulus, $333 billion stimulus, etc proposals therefore they were against COVID Aid.

$500 billion
          - No checks to citizens
          - Limited extension of unemployment benefits at $300 weekly
          - $250 billion for a second round of PPP loans that rich business and people abused so it didn't get to small businesses.
          - $105 billion for schools to reopen
          - $10 billion grant for the US Postal Service
          - A complete liability shield for businesses from COVID claims against them.

$333 billion
          - No checks to citizens
          - A one month extension of unemployment benefits at $300 weekly
          - $250 billion for a second round of PPP loans that rich business and people abused so it didn't get to small businesses.
          - No aid to states/local governments

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

I'm not sure Republicans are for that at all. They still support the guy who was on the Apprentice and used the WH to enrich himself/family. They are the people that supported Citizens United which declared the 2002 Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act which prohibited any corporation or labor union from making an "electioneering communication" within 30 days of a primary or 60 days of an election, or making any expenditure advocating the election or defeat of a candidate at any time as unconstitutional.

Democrats voted against Republican $500 billion stimulus, $333 billion stimulus, etc proposals therefore they were against COVID Aid.

$500 billion
            - No checks to citizens
            - Limited extension of unemployment benefits at $300 weekly
            - $105 billion for schools to reopen
            - $10 billion grant for the US Postal Service

$333 billion
            - No checks to citizens
            - A one month extension of unemployment benefits at $300 weekly
            - No aid to states/local governments
            I guess I should have clarified that they were not objecting to COVID aid in general, just the BS version that McConnell was pushing which was a bandaid on a gunshot wound.

Comment

• So am I to understand that the stimmy has been approved?

Comment

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post
                So am I to understand that the stimmy has been approved?
                Well... assuming nothing else crazy happens.

Comment

So am I to understand that the stimmy has been approved?
                  The Senate bill got sent to the House where it will be voted on Tuesday where no Republicans will vote for it. Then Biden signs it into law.

Comment

• Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

The Senate bill got sent to the House where it will be voted on Tuesday where no Republicans will vote for it. Then Biden signs it into law.
                    That’s what I’m seeing. Nice.

Comment

That’s what I’m seeing. Nice.
                      Eh, better than nothing but still not nice. It still has bullshit pork added to it and only about 20% is going to people who actually need it. Like I said, better than nothing, but the asshattery that goes on in congress pisses me off. I oray daily for a disgruntled Japanese airline pilot to crash a 747 into the capital building while it's in session.

FTR, that is the plot from a book...I really don't want that to happen, but that's about the only way we're going to get any sanity from that place...unfortunately even that would be a shortlived sanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Eh, better than nothing but still not nice. It still has bullshit pork added to it and only about 20% is going to people who actually need it. Like I said, better than nothing, but the asshattery that goes on in congress pisses me off. I oray daily for a disgruntled Japanese airline pilot to crash a 747 into the capital building while it's in session.

FTR, that is the plot from a book...I really don't want that to happen, but that's about the only way we're going to get any sanity from that place...unfortunately even that would be a shortlived sanity.
                        Can he have on one of those rising sun bandanas and scream “BONZAI” while he does it?

Comment

• Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

You bring up an interesting point. The last time Congress coalesced into putting the needs of the nation over team and personal power was shortly after the 9.11 attacks. The first pandemic stimulus paled in comparison.

So, what would it take, at this point, for them to put their differences aside? Clearly, not even an attempted coup could do it. So what would it take?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

You bring up an interesting point. The last time Congress coalesced into putting the needs of the nation over team and personal power was shortly after the 9.11 attacks. The first pandemic stimulus paled in comparison.

So, what would it take, at this point, for them to put their differences aside? Clearly, not even an attempted coup could do it. So what would it take?
                            I have no clue. At this point, I don't think there is. They're not afraid of the voters holding them to account because they know that most of the voters are fucking clueless and still continue to vote down party lines, while falling for all of the bullshit. I used to blame this scenario on voting for the lesser of two evils, but that's not even it. The voters are just blind bots. I think of them like fishing bots on Facebook and Instagram. You know the fake accounts with attracive profile pictures. No katter you say or do to them, they have the same series of responses...."hi, how are you doing"...."where are you from"....etc... The voters are the same, they don't pay attention to the things these people are doing, they just look for the letter in feont of the name and assume one letter is righteous and the other evil.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

LMFAO!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spartan View Post

LMFAO!
                                He’s been pretty goofy lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X