Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stimulus Update

Looks like a lot of people who voted for Biden on the promise of swift covid aid....are gonna be left out of this round of stimulus checks.

What percentage of people you think "voted on that promise"? Personally, I would think it would be very small compared to the amount that wanted potus doucheboy gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BChris View Post
      What percentage of people you think "voted on that promise"?
      Who knows. All I know is, I’m going to be pissed if the first thing he does as President is break a promise he made 1000 times.

Comment

Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Who knows. All I know is, I’m going to be pissed if the first thing he does as President is break a promise he made 1000 times.
        I agree. What's going on, I honestly haven't heard where they are on this lately.

Quick look, something about high income families not getting it.

Comment

What percentage of people you think "voted on that promise"? Personally, I would think it would be very small compared to the amount that wanted potus doucheboy gone.
          I don't. Voting has always been strongly party line. While a large % wanted Trump gone, they were going to vote Democrat anyways. Trump sure didn't do himself favors with a large portion of conservatives tho, and they'd fit in the category of wanting doucheboy gone.

But you may have had that decent sized fence riding line...and they voted for what was best for them financially.

With all of that said, my biggest issues is how the stimulus is nothing more than the government giving back people their money anyways. Just seems like a pot shot for it now to be less people getting their money back. Overtaxation is out of control.

Comment

I agree. What's going on, I honestly haven't heard where they are on this lately.

Yeah basically reducing it from 75k per individual to 50k, which cuts out quite a few people and frankly isn’t justifiable. They’re basing these payments off of past earnings, so assuming just because a person made 52k previously they're better off than someone who made 45k is kind of bullshit. I know a few people who were previously in that exact income bracket that are struggling right now.

Comment

Yeah basically reducing it from 75k per individual to 50k, which cuts out quite a few people and frankly isn’t justifiable. They’re basing these payments off of past earnings, so assuming just because a person made 52k previously they're better off than someone who made 45k is kind of bullshit. I know a few people who were previously in that exact income bracket that are struggling right now.
              Basically this.

Although reading this AM, I have seen some info about the senate passing the 1.9 trillion and not mentioning the thresholds this time around.

Comment

Absolutely. A lot of folks have been out of work since the start of this bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by theBHMAguy View Post

I don't. Voting has always been strongly party line. While a large % wanted Trump gone, they were going to vote Democrat anyways. Trump sure didn't do himself favors with a large portion of conservatives tho, and they'd fit in the category of wanting doucheboy gone.

But you may have had that decent sized fence riding line...and they voted for what was best for them financially.

With all of that said, my biggest issues is how the stimulus is nothing more than the government giving back people their money anyways. Just seems like a pot shot for it now to be less people getting their money back. Overtaxation is out of control.
                  Yeah, it's always been more of a power grab than a tool for helping people. Always about optics.

Comment

I would have gotten it before but not won’t. I’m not “high income” but I’m certainly middle class and doing just fine for where I live.

Did I vote for Biden for a check? No. I voted for him because he’s less terrible than Trump. Am I happy about this development? No. Spend the money to pump the economy now and tax the shit out of billionaires later. This isn’t rocket science.

Comment

Originally posted by ivegostdacityblues View Post

I would have gotten it before but not won’t. I’m not “high income” but I’m certainly middle class and doing just fine for where I live.

Did I vote for Biden for a check? No. I voted for him because he’s less terrible than Trump. Am I happy about this development? No. Spend the money to pump the economy now and tax the shit out of billionaires later. This isn’t rocket science.
                      Yeah, same boat.

Comment

He cant send you $2000 right now... he's doing something far more important.... sending you a mask!!!! Because you stupid peasant wont just shut the fuck up and do what you are told. Listen to your master and maks up for 100 more days since it is now day 330 of 15 days to flatten the curve.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by ibleed View Post
                          He cant send you $2000 right now... he's doing something far more important.... sending you a mask!!!! Because you stupid peasant wont just shut the fuck up and do what you are told.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-them.html

Are you an anti-masker?

Comment

Are you an anti-masker?
                            I'm not an anti-masker, and even I think a good portion of that stuff is stupid. Gigantic ass waste of money.
                            You would not know there was a pandemic in the town I'm living in. No one wears a mask. That's small town midwest (I'm talking very small). I'm not saying it's right, but lets spend more taxpayer money sending masks to literally millions of people who won't wear them.

But back to topic of stimulus and taxation, etc.

I'm going to owe this year...which is fine. My 1099 income ended up being more than expected. But what kills me, I gotta give Uncle Sam 19 bucks for an "under-withholding" penalty? WTF? I don't see an "Over-withholding interest rate" when I manage it slightly incorrectly and get a 200 dollar return?

The whole damn system is rigged against 99% of good honest tax paying American's. And when everything's in the shitter, we have to watch a bunch of idiots fight for 4 months on a "Stimulus" check which is really our money to begin with.

OH....and part of that package...all coming from our taxes....wtf else is it being used for?

Comment

Are you an anti-masker?
                              No. I'm anti authoritarian. I have a mask and I wear it when I go somewhere and the owners request it. I have no problem with that.

It's the "wear your mask or else!" bullshit I cant stand. Because it wont end. They've been constantly moving the goal posts. Now they are starting the "wear two masks!" bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                              X