Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fresneck View Post

Woah there, master of the glass house.
    Those actually go for a bit more out that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Snidde22 View Post
      just stay away from kc and quit inflating the real estate market here. my townhome has appreciated nearly 80% in 5 years, and property taxes keep going up.
      Yeah I bought my house 6 years ago, and it's up over $150K from what I paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Yeah I bought my house 6 years ago, and it's up over $150K from what I paid for it.
        This makes me sad. I bought my house in 07 for 340k. The next year the market crashed and the housing market nosedived. I quite literally lost about 140k in equity almost overnight. 5 houses in my neighborhood, all went up for sale at the same time. 3 sold for 360 plus, mine sold for 340, and the 5th didn't sale. They were asking over 400 though. 2 months later it was back on the market for 350. It didn't sale then either. The couple that owned it were elderly and wanted to move out west to be closer to their kids, so they started renting it out. They passed away in 09 and their son put it up on the market again. It sold for 220k.

Comment

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

This makes me sad. I bought my house in 07 for 340k. The next year the market crashed and the housing market nosedived. I quite literally lost about 140k in equity almost overnight. 5 houses in my neighborhood, all went up for sale at the same time. 3 sold for 360 plus, mine sold for 340, and the 5th didn't sale. They were asking over 400 though. 2 months later it was back on the market for 350. It didn't sale then either. The couple that owned it were elderly and wanted to move out west to be closer to their kids, so they started renting it out. They passed away in 09 and their son put it up on the market again. It sold for 220k.
          I sold my first house right before the crash. It was a 4bedroom and my wife and I didn't think we would have kids so we downsized. We decided to rent for awhile to find the ideal area, and then the crash happened. Shortly after that she got pregnant.

So for the next year while we were looking I basically had the pick of the litter of houses at dirt cheap. Kept that house for 5 years, and sold it for a $150k profit and rolled that into the current house. I got REALLY lucky with that one.

That housing crash Clinton caused screwed a lot of people

Comment

I sold my first house right before the crash. It was a 4bedroom and my wife and I didn't think we would have kids so we downsized. We decided to rent for awhile to find the ideal area, and then the crash happened. Shortly after that she got pregnant.

So for the next year while we were looking I basically had the pick of the litter of houses at dirt cheap. Kept that house for 5 years, and sold it for a $150k profit and rolled that into the current house. I got REALLY lucky with that one.

That housing crash Clinton caused screwed a lot of people

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Those loan restrictions are in place for a reason. That way Kindergarten teachers aren't buying luxury condos on the beach they can't pay for.

http://content.time.com/time/special...877322,00.html

President Clinton's tenure was characterized by economic prosperity and financial deregulation, which in many ways set the stage for the excesses of recent years. Among his biggest strokes of free-wheeling capitalism was the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which repealed the Glass-Steagall Act, a cornerstone of Depression-era regulation. He also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. In 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods. It is the subject of heated political and scholarly debate whether any of these moves are to blame for our troubles, but they certainly played a role in creating a permissive lending environment.

Comment

Those loan restrictions are in place for a reason. That way Kindergarten teachers aren't buying luxury condos on the beach they can't pay for.

http://content.time.com/time/special...877322,00.html

President Clinton's tenure was characterized by economic prosperity and financial deregulation, which in many ways set the stage for the excesses of recent years. Among his biggest strokes of free-wheeling capitalism was the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, which repealed the Glass-Steagall Act, a cornerstone of Depression-era regulation. He also signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act, which exempted credit-default swaps from regulation. In 1995 Clinton loosened housing rules by rewriting the Community Reinvestment Act, which put added pressure on banks to lend in low-income neighborhoods. It is the subject of heated political and scholarly debate whether any of these moves are to blame for our troubles, but they certainly played a role in creating a permissive lending environment.
                To encourage black home ownership

But guess who took advantage of that? Fucking poor white people

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                  To encourage black home ownership

But guess who took advantage of that? Fucking poor white people
                  Also banks and popup mortgage lending companies

Comment

Working...
                  X