Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Manchin

For the next weeks, months, and possibly year or more, the most powerful person in DC will be Joe Manchin.

I hope God grants him the will to stand on his stated convictions, for the sake of peace and civility.

Originally posted by daCat View Post
    For the next weeks, months, and possibly year or more, the most powerful person in DC will be Joe Manchin.

I hope God grants him the will to stand on his stated convictions, for the sake of peace and civility.
    Okay. Not saying I disagree with the sentiment. But? How so?

Comment

Sit your fucking asses down Repubs - you fucking stormed the Capitol yesterday - now go sit in the corner and ponder what you fucks did.

We president nao

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Okay. Not saying I disagree with the sentiment. But? How so?
        He says he will oppose any effort to kill the filibuster, which in effect will stop any effort to pack the courts, among other potentially dangerous activities. This alone could help avoid civil uprising.

Comment

He says he will oppose any effort to kill the filibuster, which in effect will stop any effort to pack the courts, among other potentially dangerous activities. This alone could help avoid civil uprising.
          Must be comforting to know that the left won't start a civil uprising when McConnell blocks Garland for nearly a year and then rams Barrett through at the buzzer and continues filling lifetime court vacancies well after Trump lost the election, but you know that the right will immediately burn the country to the ground if the Democrats return the favor.

Almost like you know exactly who the real threats to this country are and they are not Democrats or Democratic voters.

Comment

Wait. Are you, with a straight face, going to look at us and say that a Democratic agenda as egregiously wanton as that which we witnessed under McConnell, would result in a civil uprising?

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Wait. Are you, with a straight face, going to look at us and say that a Democratic agenda as egregiously wanton as that which we witnessed under McConnell, would result in a civil uprising?
              Altering the current makeup of the Supreme Court could indeed spark a considerable rise in civil discourse, especially in the current condition of our political divide, yes.

Take it however you want, but given the volatile state of political division in this country, major change could potentially ignite something far worse.

Comment

Originally posted by DPR View Post

Must be comforting to know that the left won't start a civil uprising when McConnell blocks Garland for nearly a year and then rams Barrett through at the buzzer and continues filling lifetime court vacancies well after Trump lost the election, but you know that the right will immediately burn the country to the ground if the Democrats return the favor.

Almost like you know exactly who the real threats to this country are and they are not Democrats or Democratic voters.
                And a feckless ACA right back at you.

Comment

There's a greater chance that Sasse and Romney (maybe Murkowsky) become independents caucusing with the dems rather than Mancin caucusing with the repubs.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post
                    There's a greater chance that Sasse and Romney (maybe Murkowsky) become independents caucusing with the dems rather than Mancin caucusing with the repubs.
                    It's Manchin and he won't be caucusing with the opposition, he just promises not to blow up the Constitution.

Comment

It's Manchin and he won't be caucusing with the opposition, he just promises not to blow up the Constitution.
                      You're worried about the constitution nao???? Where were you all these 4 years?

Like I said, repubs and conservatives need to sit your asses down - at the back of the bus. We're driving this country now.

Comment

Altering the current makeup of the Supreme Court could indeed spark a considerable rise in civil discourse, especially in the current condition of our political divide, yes.

Take it however you want, but given the volatile state of political division in this country, major change could potentially ignite something far worse.
                        One question. If the situation was reversed, do you think McConnell would balk at such actions? Would it stop there?

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

You're worried about the constitution nao???? Where were you all these 4 years?

Like I said, repubs and conservatives need to sit your asses down - at the back of the bus. We're driving this country now.
                          People like you are the greatest danger to this country. "My way or the highway" will be the doom of us all. You accuse others of being fascist and in the same breath act like one.

Comment

People like you are the greatest danger to this country. "My way or the highway" will be the doom of us all. You accuse others of being fascist and in the same breath act like one.
                            Sorry but you were all about My way or the highway for the past 4 years. Now with the attack on the Capitol you want everything to be forgiven? We are going to hold you fucks accountable - lock you fucks up if necessary. OBEY THE LAW !
                            Last edited by sctrojan; 01-07-2021, 01:05 PM.

Comment

We’ve dealt with that for four years. We’re had civil unrest. We elected a guy who campaigned on more compromise. Hopefully that changes, and Manchin being the powerful one over McConnell is a good start.

Comment

Working...
                              X