Google Ads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DSMoneypit View Post

Be nice if I could, but the whole being a registered independent means I can't vote in the primaries.

That’s why you swallow your pride and register with a party, even if to your core you’re not a believe in their message...just to vote in the primary.

Comment

Except every single democratic candidate that "has a shot at winning" will not address those things at all. In fact, they're all for open borders and not addressing the trade imbalance at all. Those are my concerns. They want to give everybody free shit, with no way of paying for it, and keep everything else status quo. The next 5 years are going to be terrifying for me because I'm either going to be stuck with another term of trump, or a term from someone whose so polar opposite of me on the core issues that I feel need the most effort to fix.

Comment

Except every single democratic candidate that "has a shot at winning" will not address those things at all. In fact, they're all for open borders and not addressing the trade imbalance at all. Those are my concerns. They want to give everybody free shit, with no way of paying for it, and keep everything else status quo. The next 5 years are going to be terrifying for me because I'm either going to be stuck with another term of trump, or a term from someone whose so polar opposite of me on the core issues that I feel need the most effort to fix.
        Okay. First off, Sanders isn’t for open borders. Warren does. I agree, the trade imbalance needs to be addressed. Giving everyone free shit is as big of a myth as giving everyone Obama Phones or welfare queens. And actually... helping poor people to get smart phones has helped get poor people jobs. Also, I cannot imagine anything worse than another four years of Trump.

Just take a step back, and look at this site as a microcosm. How many people here support Trump? One, maybe two? At best, outside those few, you have a few who support some of his policies but disagree with his implementation. You have guys like TTU, who was almost assuredly a Young Republican, who supported the GOP for years, taking a step back. I’m in that same boat. Granted, I’ve grown much more moderate over the years. Still... we’re left with one task. Preventing Trump from winning in 2020. I feel this is as important as anything we can do as a nation.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan View Post
          Jesus. That’s just scary as fuck. Mainly because I honestly think he wants this to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Okay. First off, Sanders isn’t for open borders. Warren does. I agree, the trade imbalance needs to be addressed. Giving everyone free shit is as big of a myth as giving everyone Obama Phones or welfare queens. And actually... helping poor people to get smart phones has helped get poor people jobs. Also, I cannot imagine anything worse than another four years of Trump.

Just take a step back, and look at this site as a microcosm. How many people here support Trump? One, maybe two? At best, outside those few, you have a few who support some of his policies but disagree with his implementation. You have guys like TTU, who was almost assuredly a Young Republican, who supported the GOP for years, taking a step back. I’m in that same boat. Granted, I’ve grown much more moderate over the years. Still... we’re left with one task. Preventing Trump from winning in 2020. I feel this is as important as anything we can do as a nation.
            That's fine and all, but I'm telling you the first person I hear say "A vote for X is a vote for Y" is getting a perma-ban for idiocy.

That isn't how voting works and until America understands that it will never progress.

Comment

Be nice if I could, but the whole being a registered independent means I can't vote in the primaries.
              What state?

Texas primaries are open, meaning a voter does not have to be registered as a member of a party to participate in its primary. Voters in Texas must sign a pledge when voting declaring that they will not vote in another party's primary in the same year.

Comment

Same, although it might be worth temporarily changing for Tulsi.

Comment

Originally posted by FuqMizzou View Post

Why are you such a nut job? Vote for Buttigieg if you so care about military service. Tulsi Gabbard is a fucking retard who believed you could pray away the gay. The same way Marianne Wilson is a retard to think praying could steer hurricanes away from the US

Comment

I saw there’s a new tropical thing with a possible projection to go into the gulf so I think this whole thing was justified.

Comment

Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Why are you such a nut job? Vote for Buttigieg if you so care about military service. Tulsi Gabbard is a fucking retard who believed you could pray away the gay. The same way Marianne Wilson is a retard to think praying could steer hurricanes away from the US
                      What? I've never heard her say that. She's Buddhist.... Are you confusing her with Hillary?

Comment

What? I've never heard her say that. She's Buddhist.... Are you confusing her with Hillary?
                        Tulsi Gabbard once touted working for anti-gay group that backed conversion therapy

Comment

Originally posted by CheaterMichael View Post
                          I saw there’s a new tropical thing with a possible projection to go into the gulf so I think this whole thing was justified.

Comment

Considering it, but I'm not sure she'll be on the ballot in March.

Comment

Originally posted by TTURedRaider View Post

What state?

Texas primaries are open, meaning a voter does not have to be registered as a member of a party to participate in its primary. Voters in Texas must sign a pledge when voting declaring that they will not vote in another party's primary in the same year.
                              Florida, they're closed.

Comment

Working...
                              X