Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DPR View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/21/polit...sis/index.html

A good breakdown of where we are currently standing.

And yet, I’ll still believe it when I see it.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/jonswaine/status...18714575278082

Congressman Mike Kelly (who won his election) is suing in PA state court today to deny certification on Monday of the entire state election, claiming the law passed last year expanding vote by mail is "unconstitutional".

These people are fascists. All of them. This isn't some rando blogger with sour grapes. These people are elected members of Congress, Senate and the president himself.

Comment

https://twitter.com/jonswaine/status...18714575278082

Congressman Mike Kelly (who won his election) is suing in PA state court today to deny certification on Monday of the entire state election, claiming the law passed last year expanding vote by mail is "unconstitutional".

These people are fascists. All of them. This isn't some rando blogger with sour grapes. These people are elected members of Congress, Senate and the president himself.

Its getting tossed out in a NY minute - mail in ballots was approved by both chambers, signed into law months before the pandemic.

You just have to make sure that you note down the names of each one of these cocksuckers and then unleash the Biden DOJ on these motherfuckers for election interference.

Comment

• https://gfile.thedispatch.com/p/this...lways-the-plan

Liberal Soy Boy Blogger Jonah Goldberg has had enough.

It’s pretty clear now—as I think Nicholas Grossman pretty accurately predicted—that his goal was always to steal the election if he didn’t win fairly.* He was pretty transparent about this long before the election. He spent months saying that mail-in or early ballots were rife with fraud. He told all of his voters to vote on Election Day. He expected this would give him a “mirage” lead that night, and then, because he had already established the illegitimacy of mail-in ballots, he could pretend to be justified in proclaiming victory on Election Night.

Sure, there would be lawsuits and the like later, but Trump would have momentum on his side. He even telegraphed over and over that he expected the Supreme Court to come to his rescue amid the chaos. That was his primary explanation for why he thought it was important to get Amy Coney Barrett confirmed.

But as Grossman points out, there was just one problem: Trump wasn’t actually leading on Election Night. It’s one thing to declare victory prematurely when the tally on the scoreboard on your side is tied—it’s another to claim that you won when even the scoreboard clearly says you didn’t.

This, by the way, explains why Trump World was so very, very, very, angry about Fox’s decision to call Arizona. I’ll admit, I thought the anger at Fox was simply stupid, not evil.

But it turns out that the Arizona call ruined the pretext. If Pennsylvania had been the tipping point, they thought they could get the election thrown to the court. But the Arizona call combined with the undeclared result in Georgia preempted that.
          In a rare twist of fate, could Fox's call on Arizona, as perhaps misguided as it was, be the thing that actually prevented this coup? I actually hadn't even thought of it framed this way until now. Trump intended to declare victory on election night. That was always the plan, regardless of the vote tallies. But when Fox called Arizona for Biden it actually made the electoral scorecard show Biden with an EV lead at the time of the call. If I'm not mistaken, the count before AZ was 216-213 for Biden. When they called AZ, it became 227-213 right before Trump was due to announce his victory. Minnesota's call made it 237-213 when he spoke.

It didn't make sense to declare victory when you were behind! That's probably why it didn't work. If it was 216-213 then Trump could at least plausibly argue the case when coupled with his vote lead in Pennsylvania at that time.

I'll be honest. I thought Trump was going to win the evening of the election when Florida easily went for Trump as did Ohio and Iowa and Texas. I thought the Biden polling lead was an error. But when they called Arizona for Biden, it completely changed the tenor. I went to bed that night believing that Biden would likely win but it would be pretty close and take a few days to finalize. If AZ hadn't been called, I'm not sure if I would have had that confidence.

Comment

https://gfile.thedispatch.com/p/this...lways-the-plan

Liberal Soy Boy Blogger Jonah Goldberg has had enough.

In a rare twist of fate, could Fox's call on Arizona, as perhaps misguided as it was, be the thing that actually prevented this coup? I actually hadn't even thought of it framed this way until now. Trump intended to declare victory on election night. That was always the plan, regardless of the vote tallies. But when Fox called Arizona for Biden it actually made the electoral scorecard show Biden with an EV lead at the time of the call. If I'm not mistaken, the count before AZ was 216-213 for Biden. When they called AZ, it became 227-213 right before Trump was due to announce his victory. Minnesota's call made it 237-213 when he spoke.

It didn't make sense to declare victory when you were behind! That's probably why it didn't work. If it was 216-213 then Trump could at least plausibly argue the case when coupled with his vote lead in Pennsylvania at that time.

I'll be honest. I thought Trump was going to win the evening of the election when Florida easily went for Trump as did Ohio and Iowa and Texas. I thought the Biden polling lead was an error. But when they called Arizona for Biden, it completely changed the tenor. I went to bed that night believing that Biden would likely win but it would be pretty close and take a few days to finalize. If AZ hadn't been called, I'm not sure if I would have had that confidence.
            Interesting. This makes sense. I’ve always felt his strategy hinged on it being very close. And, we’ve all pretty much said his strategy was to be up on election night. So, Fox calling Arizona might have had more than simply a symbolic impact.

That begs one question: was this done on purpose?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Interesting. This makes sense. I’ve always felt his strategy hinged on it being very close. And, we’ve all pretty much said his strategy was to be up on election night. So, Fox calling Arizona might have had more than simply a symbolic impact.

That begs one question: was this done on purpose?
              Supposedly Fox's data made them believe the remaining ballots would skew 50/50. Since Biden had a healthy lead at the time of the call, they felt like the remaining ballots would not benefit Trump enough to overcome.

I don't think making the call was intentional. They made a similar bold call with Virginia despite Trump holding a 10 point lead that proved fine as Biden won the state easily. But those early calls for AZ and VA really pushed back on Trump's efforts to spike the ball on election night.

Comment

• States already certified -

Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Virginia and Wyoming.

States due to certify soon -

Michigan, Maine, Utah, Kentucky and Pennsylvania - Monday

Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, DC, Indiana and Minnesota - Tuesday

Alabama and Alaska - Wednesday

So that is 16 states certified so far and another 14 due by Thanksgiving for a total of 30, including 11 swing states.

If GSA hasn't released funding for Biden by Wednesday, Emily Murphy should face criminal inquiry for knowingly withholding lawful funding for partisan purposes to damage a presidential transition.

Comment

• https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/mic...n-on-fox-news/

They reaaaaaaalllly want to overturn the election, end American democracy and install Donald Trump as a fascist dictator of America. They reallllly want to do it.

Man, if this election was a bit closer, they'd be off to the races. Hell, they are still toying with the idea when it wasn't really close at all.

Comment

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/11/mic...n-on-fox-news/

They reaaaaaaalllly want to overturn the election, end American democracy and install Donald Trump as a fascist dictator of America. They reallllly want to do it.

Man, if this election was a bit closer, they'd be off to the races. Hell, they are still toying with the idea when it wasn't really close at all.
                    Translation: he’s scared. He has political aspirations, and knows if he doesn’t at least give Trump lip service, he will be attacked by Trump and his fans.

Comment

• Sidney Powell: Fired.

Comment

• The appeal filed in Pennsylvania by Rudy G sans Sidney P apparently invalidates their own appeal. They had to refile today.

At some point, every attorney involved in this mess should be disbarred. They are knowingly filing frivolous suits to gum up an election certification at the expense of America.

Comment

• Also, with Michigan and Pennsylvania due to certify today, it removes any pretense needed by GSA to start the transition. Even if they somehow delay in Michigan, Pennsylvania seems poised to certify. There just isn't a pathway to overturn these results. They are asking the legislature to overturn a 3 point win in Michigan? GTFOH

Comment

The appeal filed in Pennsylvania by Rudy G sans Sidney P apparently invalidates their own appeal. They had to refile today.

At some point, every attorney involved in this mess should be disbarred. They are knowingly filing frivolous suits to gum up an election certification at the expense of America.
                            It’s equal parts embarrassing and dangerous. It also shows us the right hand doesn’t seem to know what the left hand is doing. Everyone is afforded a zealous legal defense, but some on Trump’s legal team are zealots.

Comment

The appeal filed in Pennsylvania by Rudy G sans Sidney P apparently invalidates their own appeal. They had to refile today.

Sen Toomey came out yesterday and said its all over and Biden is president elect. It’s the most basic of basic shit, and shouldn’t be applauded but it’s at least reassuring.

Comment

Also, with Michigan and Pennsylvania due to certify today, it removes any pretense needed by GSA to start the transition. Even if they somehow delay in Michigan, Pennsylvania seems poised to certify. There just isn't a pathway to overturn these results. They are asking the legislature to overturn a 3 point win in Michigan? GTFOH
                                Sure. It doesn’t make any sense to many of us. In Trump circles, they don’t care how ridiculous this all is. They’re still convinced that Trump already won. I’m not sure if Rudy is filling his head with the idea that he can manufacture a win or not. But yeah... he’s relying on bad advice at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X