Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tOSUfanboi2 View Post

Is it floating in the fucking air? Does it exist in another dimension? This is why no one can take you seriously, dude. I've been to DC like 15-20 times, I used to have to go there for my job regularly. There is nothing special about that city or its inhabitants that keeps them from being classified as residents of another state. Divide them up however you want along whatever lines, but under no circumstances should Washington D.C., a city founded for the express purpose of not being a state, become a fucking state. That's not a solution, that's a naked power grab, and it's never going to happen no matter how much you cry and stamp your feet. Just like the electoral college isn't going away, just like the supreme court's not being expanded, just like the filibuster isn't going anywhere.

Now hop off my nuts.
    There is no land in DC that would be ceded to Virginia because all of that land was already ceded back in the 1850s. All of the land is on the other side of the Potomac.

50 Dem senators represent 41 million more Americans than the 50 GOP senators. We all know why you don't want DC becoming a state.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

There is no land in DC that would be ceded to Virginia because all of that land was already ceded back in the 1850s. All of the land is on the other side of the Potomac.

50 Dem senators represent 41 million more Americans than the 50 GOP senators. We all know why you don't want DC becoming a state.
      Okay so put the residents of what’s currently called Washington DC in Maryland and only use the city name Washington DC to designate federal property. Problem solved.

But this isn’t about solving a problem, it’s about trying to get 2 extra senate seats. Unfortunately for you, it’s never, ever, ever going to happen. You’re going to be spending the next 20-30 years of your life watching everything you want be shot down repeatedly, and it’s exactly what you deserve for being a power hungry weasel.

Are we good now?

Comment

Okay so put the residents of what’s currently called Washington DC in Maryland and only use the city name Washington DC to designate federal property. Problem solved.
        Again, Maryland doesn't want to do this because it will shift the balance of power in the state to the DC area and away from the rest of the state/Baltimore. So you have state legislators out in western Maryland who are vehemently opposed to this and they ain't even Democrats.

But this isn’t about solving a problem, it’s about trying to get 2 extra senate seats. Unfortunately for you, it’s never, ever, ever going to happen. You’re going to be spending the next 20-30 years of your life watching everything you want be shot down repeatedly, and it’s exactly what you deserve for being a power hungry weasel.

Are we good now?
        I think Dems are finally playing for keeps. With them fighting back a bit more and playing for keeps, if they can get 218 in the House and 50 in the Senate plus the presidency all to go along with it, it will happen. Whether that is next year or next decade, I don't know. But it will happen.

Comment

Again, Maryland doesn't want to do this because it will shift the balance of power in the state to the DC area and away from the rest of the state/Baltimore. So you have state legislators out in western Maryland who are vehemently opposed to this and they ain't even Democrats.

I think Dems are finally playing for keeps. With them fighting back a bit more and playing for keeps, if they can get 218 in the House and 50 in the Senate plus the presidency all to go along with it, it will happen. Whether that is next year or next decade, I don't know. But it will happen.
          No, Maryland is a blue state and they want their side to get 2 extra senate seats, so they LARP like that’s a problem. The Republicans that are opposed to it are delusional and clinging on to hope that they can turn the tide, and they know that bringing in DC fucks them for good. It’s just self interest on all sides, so stop trying to bullshit me.

Good thing none of those things are going to happen then, isn’t it? You’re staring down a bloodbath in the midterms, Biden is a corpse, and your party has no young blood that isn’t also suffering from severe mental illness. It’s time to accept your fate champ, you’re going to be right where you are now in 20-30 years, and the people you vote for both cant and won’t stop that from being a reality.

Your only other option is Revolution which LMFAO. Have fun herding those neutered cats towards anything meaningful. Half of your base is a Reddit post away from giving up on life entirely, and that’s before we even get to their obvious breeding problem.

Comment

• Just be wary… “Pelosi’s gazpacho police spying on members of Congress, spying on the legislative work that we do, spying on our staff and spying on American citizens that want to come talk to their representatives.”

Ahh, Marjorie. Never change.

Comment

• Trump supports “Law and Order” candidates. As long as they don’t apply that to Trump. That’s different.

Comment

• Law and Order just means they'll be strong on minority crime and ignore white crime. I mean, does anyone actually think that the term means anything different at this point?

I suppose you could remove "minority" and just say "liberal" or "other" and substitute "conservatives" for "white". I suppose it's all the same thing. But they clearly want a strong police presence against people they don't like and expect those same cops to ignore crimes from people they do like.

Comment

• https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60392196

"It is nearly impossible to believe that someone can attempt murder on Monday and walk out of jail on Wednesday,
                  This can't be. Everyone knows 'law and order' is code for racism against blacks.

Don't they?

Comment

• Originally posted by daCat View Post
                    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-60392196

This can't be. Everyone knows 'law and order' is code for racism against blacks.

Don't they?
                    Weird to leave this part out, literally the next line:

"If someone is struggling with a mental illness and is in custody, they should be evaluated and treated in custody."
                    Rich people are released from jail on bond all of the time for any crimes. Weird for daCat to focus on a black guy getting the same treatment. Super weird. Almost like daCat doesn't think that bail, traditionally used to allow rich people to leave jail and poor people to not, should be allowed to let someone out of jail who had the means to come up with $100k.

Comment

Rich people are released from jail on bond all of the time for any crimes. Weird for daCat to focus on a black guy getting the same treatment. Super weird. Almost like daCat doesn't think that bail, traditionally used to allow rich people to leave jail and poor people to not, should be allowed to let someone out of jail who had the means to come up with $100k.
                      Such weirdness.

Comment

• Oh. Trump’s “Truth Social” is apparently about to launch. I’m not sure if it’s hilarious or sad that Trump thinks by calling it Truth Social it will distract folks from realizing he’s going to use it to spread lies. It’s such a snake oil salesman kinda move. It’s more than a bit Orwellian.

I wonder how long it takes before it tanks like… well… everything else he’s done.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Such weirdness.
                          You're right. Since rich people get to walk free because they have money despite 99% of people hating that fact, lets let everyone go. Empty the prisons, and be sure and send them to Deschet's neighborhood.

Comment

You're right. Since rich people get to walk free because they have money despite 99% of people hating that fact, lets let everyone go. Empty the prisons, and be sure and send them to Deschet's neighborhood.

Comment

What's weird about it? It says if they are determined to have a mental illness, they should be treated while in custody.

What idiot would assume liability for releasing a guy who just deliberately attempted to murder someone? The bond amount was ridiculously low for this crime, and lo and behold, idiots provided it. Has nothing to do with race. Has nothing to do with economic status. In this instance.

I'm not sure if you just can't comprehend what you read or if you are just retarded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Comment

Working...
                                X