Google Ads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daCat View Post

That's what the Clintons did to W, you spin minion.
    Aaah yes you're correct. I was just wondering to myself why would Bush people remove Ws? And it was computer keyboards not typewriters.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

Please name any transition in recent memory, if not ever, that remotely resembled this one. Because I cannot think of one single example.
      There are no examples. This is the first time in American history where the incumbent president has refused to concede or leave office and has worked to overturn an election result that is obvious.

After calling Obama a king and a dictator for 8 years, he graciously ceded power to Trump 2 days later with an Oval Office meeting in an election result that was incredibly close, separated by only 77k votes across 3 states. At the time, the final votes weren't done counting yet and Trump hadn't won Michigan, so in reality, Trump was sitting at a very close 290 while getting the transition underway.

Joe Biden met with Pence 2 days after the election, ceding power to him. Hillary conceded ~7 hours or so after the race was called. Pelosi and Schumer recognized Trump as president-elect within 24 hours.

Yet daCat absurdly wants us to believe that, if the shoe were on the other foot, Democrats would do the same. Except the shoe was on the other foot exactly 4 years ago and they didn't do it.

He's full of shit per usual. His hatred of Democrats denies him the ability to think critically.

Comment

• Originally posted by DPR View Post

Ah yes, a prank of removing the W's off of keyboards is totally the same as an attempted coup to overturn the election results and remain in power, ending America's experiment with democracy.

This is why nobody takes you seriously and why you should probably just never discuss politics again.
        Point out where I said that. The key thing was a childish prank, but in no way could be called vicious. I've not suggested otherwise. Where the Clintons fucked up was by stealing everything that wasn't tied down. To a point of egregiousness, they were confronted to return a lot of shit. As far as I know, the transition wasn't a big deal. Do you and everyone else a favor and get your partisan head out of your ass.

Comment

Point out where I said that. The key thing was a childish prank, but in no way could be called vicious. I've not suggested otherwise. Where the Clintons fucked up was by stealing everything that wasn't tied down. To a point of egregiousness, they were confronted to return a lot of shit. As far as I know, the transition wasn't a big deal. Do you and everyone else a favor and get your partisan head out of your ass.
          Just wait for Trump to vacate the WH. We'll find that he's even taken Obama's portrait and gonna sell it on EBay to pay for his 410Million dollar loan he owes.

Comment

There are no examples. This is the first time in American history where the incumbent president has refused to concede or leave office and has worked to overturn an election result that is obvious.

After calling Obama a king and a dictator for 8 years, he graciously ceded power to Trump 2 days later with an Oval Office meeting in an election result that was incredibly close, separated by only 77k votes across 3 states. At the time, the final votes weren't done counting yet and Trump hadn't won Michigan, so in reality, Trump was sitting at a very close 290 while getting the transition underway.

Joe Biden met with Pence 2 days after the election, ceding power to him. Hillary conceded ~7 hours or so after the race was called. Pelosi and Schumer recognized Trump as president-elect within 24 hours.

Yet daCat absurdly wants us to believe that, if the shoe were on the other foot, Democrats would do the same. Except the shoe was on the other foot exactly 4 years ago and they didn't do it.

He's full of shit per usual. His hatred of Democrats denies him the ability to think critically.
            That's a hoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by sctrojan View Post

Just wait for Trump to vacate the WH. We'll find that he's even taken Obama's portrait and gonna sell it on EBay to pay for his 410Million dollar loan he owes.
              I wouldn't put much past Trump, but if he takes Obama's portrait, I doubt selling it will be on his mind.

Comment

They've all been unique in their own right, and it's likely this one will be one of, if not the most childish of nature.

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending/h...FTMP7YMDWKYWA/
                So, short of secession — and who knows, it’s 2020, after all — this is the worst, by far.

Comment

What the Clinton's did was petty. What Trump is doing is accelerating the end of America. Yes, the end of America. If he succeeds, he'll overturn the results of a free and fair election and we'll be a fascist country with the final "check" failing our freedom. Our vote is the only peaceful tool we have against tyranny and that will be over. Trump will have unlimited power to do whatever he wants, freed from the yoke of accountability.

If he fails, which he should, he has still succeeded in moving the Overton Window so that we now normalize this sort of behavior. Because you are right in a way - now that Trump has fought like hell to overturn the results with most of the GOP backing him, why on earth should Democrats cede power if they lose in 2024? What is the point in believing in a system if half the country doesn't?

I don't think you fully appreciate the lasting damage this is doing to America. If this election was just a bit closer, then Trump's efforts would likely succeed and democracy would effectively be dead.

Comment

• Im sorry but someone needs to tell McConnell he needs to tell Trump to cut it out. Only McConnell will be able to control Trump. I think you need to threaten McConnell and Graham with obstruction of justice. Election Fraud, rank Hypocrisy, Covid Deaths and whatever else we can throw at these motherfuckers.

I also think corporations should start taking out ads to demand Trump leave. He is hurting their bottom line and he's threatening the Wall Street DJIA comeback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deschet View Post

So, short of secession — and who knows, it’s 2020, after all — this is the worst, by far.
                      It's absurd just how casual people are being about this. This is a slow-moving attempt at a coup. The president of the United States is currently trying to end democracy and crown himself a dictator and daCat is talking about office hijinks from twenty years ago.

I'm not even being alarmist. How else would one describe what Trump and the GOP are doing right now? Trump is firing non-loyalists at DHS and DoD and DoJ in anticipation for...something. We're not quite sure yet. The new Defense Secretary has now made this change -

https://twitter.com/laraseligman/sta...65639881879557

Something is brewing. I'm pretty sure it will fail and this is all an effort to sandbag Biden so Trump can run again in 2024, but Trump is absolutely probing every weakness in our system to exploit it to stay in power against the will of the voters. Which is what fascism looks like.

Comment

What the Clinton's did was petty. What Trump is doing is accelerating the end of America. Yes, the end of America. If he succeeds, he'll overturn the results of a free and fair election and we'll be a fascist country with the final "check" failing our freedom. Our vote is the only peaceful tool we have against tyranny and that will be over. Trump will have unlimited power to do whatever he wants, freed from the yoke of accountability.

If he fails, which he should, he has still succeeded in moving the Overton Window so that we now normalize this sort of behavior. Because you are right in a way - now that Trump has fought like hell to overturn the results with most of the GOP backing him, why on earth should Democrats cede power if they lose in 2024? What is the point in believing in a system if half the country doesn't?

I don't think you fully appreciate the lasting damage this is doing to America. If this election was just a bit closer, then Trump's efforts would likely succeed and democracy would effectively be dead.
                        Go easy on the drama. The only way Trump can overturn the election is by proving there was massive voter fraud. I see no reason to worry about that.

Comment

It's absurd just how casual people are being about this. This is a slow-moving attempt at a coup. The president of the United States is currently trying to end democracy and crown himself a dictator and daCat is talking about office hijinks from twenty years ago.

I'm not even being alarmist. How else would one describe what Trump and the GOP are doing right now? Trump is firing non-loyalists at DHS and DoD and DoJ in anticipation for...something. We're not quite sure yet. The new Defense Secretary has now made this change -

https://twitter.com/laraseligman/sta...65639881879557

Something is brewing. I'm pretty sure it will fail and this is all an effort to sandbag Biden so Trump can run again in 2024, but Trump is absolutely probing every weakness in our system to exploit it to stay in power against the will of the voters. Which is what fascism looks like.
                          I didn't bring up the W key thing... You need to call out the other board left wing severely indoctrinated dufus for that.

Comment

Go easy on the drama. The only way Trump can overturn the election is by proving there was massive voter fraud. I see no reason to worry about that.
                            He's not trying to prove voter fraud anymore. He was in court yesterday trying to throw out 1.5 million PA votes in Philly and Pitt because he didn't think his observers got a good enough look at all of the ballots. They are specifically saying they are not alleging fraud in court.

Trump is trying to drum up enough public interest in the election being rigged to justify his refusal to cede power. This isn't even a court issue anymore. Just throwing shit at the fan. He's got about half of Republicans believing it was stolen so far. Once that number gets up to 80-90% then he's going to just have the military block electors to the EC, throwing it to the House, and forcing the House to vote for him.

Trump has never relied on facts. Why would he start now? He's only relied on emotions.

Comment

As we’ve both said, the line between an election such as this and what we have taken as the norm can only take place when you have a President for whom there is no semblance of honor or duty. Trump is a fascist, plain and simple. All those who have run to his defense up until this point have been deluding themselves. Those who still support him are not only tacitly supporting fascism, they’re actually okay with it so long as it is Trump who comes out on top.

It’s taking a lot for me to come to grips with the fact that roughly half of our citizen electorate has very little respect for our Democracy; that they would be willing and eager to throw it away, just so they could have four more years of Trump.

I can’t, for the life of me, understand how Trump can elicit such an immeasurable loyalty among his supporters that they would allow such a thing to end. Are they all just that ignorant? Is it their unsated lust for liberal tears? I just don’t get it.

Comment

• What’s worse, I’m not sure how we move forward. There are multiple divides within our nation today. We have an disproportionate income gap. We have the divide between the ideologies of Millennials vs the vestiges of the Boomers. And obviously, we have a rift between conservatives and liberals.

I don’t see a lot of trust on either side of any of these divides. That means, we ain’t seen nothing yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X